The Pumpers Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I once had serious food poisoning and it took quite some time for the antibiotics and 'stopper uppers' to work. It was miserable. 5 days I think it was, from when I got the pills. I had gone another 5 before that... Ergh, you poor thing!

The last time I thought I had food poisoning it turned out to be DKA!😱

Adrienne, I do hope that you and Jessica are feeling better soon. I would be in such a panic if that was happening to my blood sugar levels.

hi Bev and Mand, i so know where you're coming from when you say that you feel better knowing it's not just you!! It's bloody hard work at the mo isn't it?! Hopefully the sensor will shed some light on it on Tuesday.....

Becca, we have a sensor on and none the wiser - you can just see how it goes up - but not really why (well i cant tell anyway).

Just asked on the other forum - what do we do when the clocks go back at the end of the month? Do we just cut out 1 hours basal through the night?:confused:Bev

Just asked on the other forum - what do we do when the clocks go back at the end of the month? Do we just cut out 1 hours basal through the night?:confused:Bev

What we would do for Rose would be to NOT alter until the next day (i mean on Sunday) and do it when Rose is on her lowest basal need. For her that would be between 10-12pm. The loss of an hour shouldn't make that much difference in theory as it's the lowest basal and even if it does then you can check bloods etc... more as you are awake...

Lou i have done some piccies of the pump, but cannot attach them, the computer says they are too big and exceed the limit, if anyone can tell me how to sort this i would appreciate it thanks.

Lou i have done some piccies of the pump, but cannot attach them, the computer says they are too big and exceed the limit, if anyone can tell me how to sort this i would appreciate it thanks.

Sign up to a free account on http://photobucket.com/ Tracey. Upload your pictures there then use the link code to post it here. Simples! (as sharpwaa would say!):D

Oh my God, i have no idea how i did that,

apologies for the scruffy clothes and fat belly, Lou hope you like it? :D

Thanks Northener, i wish id seen your post before i tried it, got there in the end though, he he :D

Hi Tracey, I think you've posted a link to the album. If you want to post just a single picture, move your cursor over the picture and a list of optiions will appear. Copy the bottom one (IMG) and paste the code here. Have a play around.🙂

S7300256.jpg

thanks Northener, scary picture :D now you can see all the crap on my coffe table too 😱

You use silhouettes. We have just gone back to silhouettes. We tried quick sets on Jessica's tummy and she really wanted to stay with them but they just hurt her so much going in and then for about an hour after and she could feel the insulin going in, even the prime for some reason.

Eventually I persuaded her to go back to sils but she won't have them in her tummy as she can see the needle on the inserter (you can't on quick sets). She cried as she thought she was going backwards and not progressing. She thought quick sets were a step up from sils. Bless her. I can now show her your photo and tell her you are an adult and you choose sils.

Brilliant, thanks for putting the photo up.

You use silhouettes. We have just gone back to silhouettes. We tried quick sets on Jessica's tummy and she really wanted to stay with them but they just hurt her so much going in and then for about an hour after and she could feel the insulin going in, even the prime for some reason.

Eventually I persuaded her to go back to sils but she won't have them in her tummy as she can see the needle on the inserter (you can't on quick sets). She cried as she thought she was going backwards and not progressing. She thought quick sets were a step up from sils. Bless her. I can now show her your photo and tell her you are an adult and you choose sils.

Brilliant, thanks for putting the photo up.

Ah thanks Adrienne, im sure they are the same but they are called tenderlink, and the ones where you cant see the inserter are called flex link (at rosche), i tried those first and it really hurt going in. and for a while after, Although the tenderlink look more "agressive" they hardly hurt at all as they go in at 30/45 degrees. Its not about progressing its about whats comfortable and you are happy with, i hope it makes her feel better about them.

Hope you are ok too?

Oh ok, then the tenderlink are exactly the same as the silhouettes, how bizarre.

I'm much better thanks, ate some rice tonight, just feeling weak. I hate being ill with a passion, I'm never ill, I can't afford to be. Still I think I'll be 100% in a couple of days. Thanks.

Oh ok, then the tenderlink are exactly the same as the silhouettes, how bizarre.

I'm much better thanks, ate some rice tonight, just feeling weak. I hate being ill with a passion, I'm never ill, I can't afford to be. Still I think I'll be 100% in a couple of days. Thanks.

glad you are feeling a little better, i hate being ill too :(

TRACEY!!! Fabulous!!!

WOW! That pump looks great. Its funny how our pumps are so different arent they? I think yours may be a little bigger but its hard to tell. I can see how the reservoir is much bigger like you described, its so interesting- thank you! That looks like a short line, I know size isnt everything but mine are 23 inches, what size are yours? :D

I am very impressed with that Tracey, thanks for sharing!

Oh Adrienne, my heart goes out to you. How awful. Goodness only knows what was happening in that hypo?? Must have been very scary, especially when you were so poorly to deal with it. I really, really hope you get better soon and woman, I never had you down as kebab eater 😉

All the ladies, Im sorry to hear the dispair of bad numbers. What a nightmare. I hope it gets better.

I am really excited to hear Toms news, well done! I feel very responsible for making people worry and I dont want you to worry about the Veo (when it is back out again in the new year), an excellent pump. I dont (personally) feel they dealt with this situation very well, but we are all human. What you are making is a choice of quality for how you choose to manage your diabetes and I think what they offer in the evolution of insulin pumps is really very good. But there is SO much out there. You seem to be developing a rep for well balanced decisions 😉 and Im sure you are doing your research already! I very, very nearly went with the animas, and I didnt know about the accucheck spirit that Tracey pumps with until she got it and I think that one is very exciting too. There is a lot out there and a lot to think about. Good luck with it and anything I can offer to help please ask.

I have to just say as well what a sweety steff is. I know you check this thread hun and she sent me a message to see if I was ok after my pump probblem this week! 😛

Well, I am happy pumping with the 522 at the moment. I am not sure about the basal rates and also my ratios as I entered them into bolus wizzard had to be changed as they had to be round numbers. Adrienne, the blue is nice! You are right! Its holding up well. Went into lunch at about 15.9mmols and I havent a clue why....but it soon corrected.

I even pulled my pump out at work today to show the bloke I was working with. He was amazed (well I dont know what he thought I was about to pull out my bra?!) but this isnt a one off- I havent met ONE person in my new workplace who has even HEARD of insulin pumps....I cant quite believe it?

PATRICIA- anyone who can sleep through a violin lesson must be tired?!!! hehe...

xXx

TRACEY!!! Fabulous!!!

WOW! That pump looks great. Its funny how our pumps are so different arent they? I think yours may be a little bigger but its hard to tell. I can see how the reservoir is much bigger like you described, its so interesting- thank you! That looks like a short line, I know size isnt everything but mine are 23 inches, what size are yours? :D

I am very impressed with that Tracey, thanks for sharing!

Oh Adrienne, my heart goes out to you. How awful. Goodness only knows what was happening in that hypo?? Must have been very scary, especially when you were so poorly to deal with it. I really, really hope you get better soon and woman, I never had you down as kebab eater 😉

All the ladies, Im sorry to hear the dispair of bad numbers. What a nightmare. I hope it gets better.

I am really excited to hear Toms news, well done! I feel very responsible for making people worry and I dont want you to worry about the Veo (when it is back out again in the new year), an excellent pump. I dont (personally) feel they dealt with this situation very well, but we are all human. What you are making is a choice of quality for how you choose to manage your diabetes and I think what they offer in the evolution of insulin pumps is really very good. But there is SO much out there. You seem to be developing a rep for well balanced decisions 😉 and Im sure you are doing your research already! I very, very nearly went with the animas, and I didnt know about the accucheck spirit that Tracey pumps with until she got it and I think that one is very exciting too. There is a lot out there and a lot to think about. Good luck with it and anything I can offer to help please ask.

I have to just say as well what a sweety steff is. I know you check this thread hun and she sent me a message to see if I was ok after my pump probblem this week!

Well, I am happy pumping with the 522 at the moment. I am not sure about the basal rates and also my ratios as I entered them into bolus wizzard had to be changed as they had to be round numbers. Adrienne, the blue is nice! You are right! Its holding up well. Went into lunch at about 15.9mmols and I havent a clue why....but it soon corrected.

I even pulled my pump out at work today to show the bloke I was working with. He was amazed (well I dont know what he thought I was about to pull out my bra?!) but this isnt a one off- I havent met ONE person in my new workplace who has even HEARD of insulin pumps....I cant quite believe it?

PATRICIA- anyone who can sleep through a violin lesson must be tired?!!! hehe...

xXx

Lou! Im so pleased you ike the pictures, what i went through, was a learning curve but i have learnt a new skill tonight so thanks for that.

The set i have on is 30mm, yes quite short but you get used to it, i also have 60mm as well, they have 80mm and i think 110mm too!! yes i think it looks big in the picture (hey the pump!),

but i did see the combo, medtronic and animas all together and to be honest all about the same size. when you get your new pump in the new year will you be able to keep the blue one as a back up? this would be good hey?

No one i speak to knows about insulin pumps either, i have resisted these days to getting it out to show unless asked, i was doing it all the time at first and got some very funny looks :D

Adrienne,

What a little star J is! Sorting out all her food and looking after herself - you have taught her well! I bet you will never look at another kebab again!😱

After i had food poisoning a few years ago - i had terrible stomach problems for a few weeks afterwards - constipation etc etc etc..so just be very gentle with yourself and i wouldnt eat anything that is too spicy or rich. Baby rusks and milk....mmm.....🙂 xxx

Lou - yes your right Steph is lovely isnt she? Very thoughtful and caring! 🙂

Had a minor breakthrough with dualwaves tonight!

I was feeling very lazy and decided to take us out to eat - so chose lasagne and chips for A. Never had a lasagne out before - so guessed at 30cho and 50cho for chips. Did a 50/50 over 4 hours - he was 6 to start then 7 then 8.8 then 10 then back down to 8.8 after 5 hours. I know its still a spike but its tons better than what used to happen on MDI. Also now we always bolus 10 minutes before and this is helping loads.🙂Bev

Adrienne,

What a little star J is! Sorting out all her food and looking after herself - you have taught her well! I bet you will never look at another kebab again!😱

After i had food poisoning a few years ago - i had terrible stomach problems for a few weeks afterwards - constipation etc etc etc..so just be very gentle with yourself and i wouldnt eat anything that is too spicy or rich. Baby rusks and milk....mmm.....🙂 xxx

Lou - yes your right Steph is lovely isnt she? Very thoughtful and caring! 🙂

Had a minor breakthrough with dualwaves tonight!

I was feeling very lazy and decided to take us out to eat - so chose lasagne and chips for A. Never had a lasagne out before - so guessed at 30cho and 50cho for chips. Did a 50/50 over 4 hours - he was 6 to start then 7 then 8.8 then 10 then back down to 8.8 after 5 hours. I know its still a spike but its tons better than what used to happen on MDI. Also now we always bolus 10 minutes before and this is helping loads.🙂Bev

So glad you had better numbers Bev, hope A is ok after the events earlier. I think all these children are wonderful and an inspiration to us adults, they are so resilient arnt they. Bet A enjoyed his tea out, sounds good.

And the award goes too.....(drum roll.....)

Was that a breakthough in dual waving reported by BEV? Well done Bev!!! Im glad to hear it! We need to bookmark this page for future reference!

x Lou X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back