Swine Flu Jab

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'va had my seasonal Flu Jab 3 weeks ago now....Today I got a phone call from the surgery today asking me to come in on Monday to have the Swine Flu Jab...I am confused? I don't know if I should have it done or not? Has it been properly tested does anyone know?...Is it safe?

Just seems like there is alsways something with Diabetes, tests, jabs and more tests...so tiring :(

Hi Ellowynne, I think the consensus here is that it is better to have it done than get the real thing. I have my seasonal one tomorrow morning (just saying that hoping it will stick in my mind!)

have you had swine flu jab yet Northener?

Last edited:
Yes you do need both of them.

Your post asked if Northerner had had swine flu not the swine flu jab 😉

He hasn't had swine flu the illness. He will need to have the swine flu jab and may already have done so. The normal flu jab doesn't cover swine flu. You will need both.

Yes you do need both of them.

Your post asked if Northerner had had swine flu not the swine flu jab 😉

He hasn't had swine flu the illness. He will need to have the swine flu jab and may already have done so. The normal flu jab doesn't cover swine flu. You will need both.

Yes that's right - seasonal jab tomorrow, swine flu jab at some indeterminate time in the future, after November 18th...

I chickened out and cancelled mine. I will have it, just need to work myself up to it!!

I chickened out and cancelled mine. I will have it, just need to work myself up to it!!

Is that because you think it might hurt? It didn't. With me it is a mental thing, I hate needles but it is sooooo much better than the normal flu jab.

I had my regular flu jab last week, didnt hurt at all (until the achey arm set in for a few days - kids loved poking it and seeing my reaction LOL).

Not been offered the swine flu jab, they were going to leave my seasonal one til my next appointment, which isn't til December, but I asked for it there and then. I wonder if they dont give the swine flu jab to those they think have had it? Just they diagnosed two of my triplets with it over the phone (they had 40c temperatures, achey joints/headache/sleepy). They were better in a few days so I'm certain it wasn't swine flu.

I had my regular flu jab last week, didnt hurt at all (until the achey arm set in for a few days - kids loved poking it and seeing my reaction LOL).

Not been offered the swine flu jab, they were going to leave my seasonal one til my next appointment, which isn't til December, but I asked for it there and then. I wonder if they dont give the swine flu jab to those they think have had it? Just they diagnosed two of my triplets with it over the phone (they had 40c temperatures, achey joints/headache/sleepy). They were better in a few days so I'm certain it wasn't swine flu.

I would give them a ring Lisa. You must be on the first lists and maybe some doctors are waiting for patients to ring them. You are entitled to it so ask them.

Hi again!...sorry, but I am feeling so anxious about this :(

Some of you may know a little of my history and why worry so over any medication or otherwise!....

Does anyone know, has this vaccination been properly tested and approved? I have read that it has just been rushed through?

Also, following the 1976 programme of vaccination against swine influenza in the US, many people died or became paralyised...I do not wish to worry anyone else, however, we all should be aware of the risks....I am just so unsure what to do?...if I don't have it done I will probably worry if I have made the right decision?

Can anyone please offer any advice :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

Hi again!...sorry, but I am feeling so anxious about this :(

Some of you may know a little of my history and why worry so over any medication or otherwise!....

Does anyone know, has this vaccination been properly tested and approved? I have read that it has just been rushed through?

Also, following the 1976 programme of vaccination against swine influenza in the US, many people died or became paralyised...I do not wish to worry anyone else, however, we all should be aware of the risks....I am just so unsure what to do?...if I don't have it done I will probably worry if I have made the right decision?

Can anyone please offer any advice :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

Hi Ellowyne, I'd suggest that you read this link, from the New Scientist magazine.

http://www.newscientist.com/special/swine-flu-myths-that-could-endanger-your-life

I will be having the vaccine. I had my seasonal one this morning, and hope to have the swine flu one in a couple of weeks.🙂

Had my jab this morning. It hurt no more than the normal seasonal one - i.e. only a tiny scratch.

Had my jab this morning. It hurt no more than the normal seasonal one - i.e. only a tiny scratch.

excellent ty for letting us know , im still yet to hear , rang my unc who has t1 he aint heard either mind you.

Hi all,
After much hesitation and anxiety, I took the plunge and had my Swine Flu jab today!...Much the same as normal Flu Jab, probably just a little more scratchy but all ok 🙂

Hi all,
After much hesitation and anxiety, I took the plunge and had my Swine Flu jab today!...Much the same as normal Flu Jab, probably just a little more scratchy but all ok 🙂

Well done Ellowynne, I know you were very nervous about it, so good for you!🙂

WD ellowynne

northe did you have your flu jab saturday?

Ooooh!...Thank you for the well done's! 🙂

Yes, for such a scardy cat, I really am a brave Ellowyne, lol! 😎

P.S. My arm is aching tonight though!...I feel like Mike Tyson has punched me 😱 Well, maybe it's not not that bad 🙂

I'm off in the moaning to see my new quack, I guess I should ask him or her about the swine jab, as I'm slightly concerned I could be lost between changing surgeries! Has everyone heard already about when they can have theres yet? I've written it down on a list cos in the morning my memory is even more shocking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back