Swine Flu Jab

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm due to get my seasonal jab tomorrow. Rang up to check that it was still on....fabulous surgery 🙄, and asked about the H1N1, and she said 'well you'll have to wait for your letter then, won't you?!'. Charming!

My seasonal jab is nearly a month later this year than last. Last year they sent me a letter and this year they rang me up - lucky I caught the call! They said that they hadn't received the swine flu vaccine yet.

My surgery can quite often be useless as hell. Shouldn't complain too much though, because they were really great on my D-day. However, I know if I ever want to listen to some classic tunes whilst on hold, it's them I need to call! 😛

Talking about timings when i had mine done wednesday the nurse said goodness me you had your last flu jab in feb we did you very late LOL

good luck with jab tomorrow nikki can you all let us know how you got on , as i dont think any of us have had it yet :confused:

Thanks Steff, I'll let you know how it goes. I likely won't be around again until monday, so if you don't see me posting it's because I'm away in bournemouth (woo!), not because there is a problem with the jab 😉

ok nikki pop in and say hi to my mother in law lol x

hi guys not been on for ages comp troubles lol

ive not had any notification about my yearly flu jab or the swine flu jab in fact my flu jab is 2 month over due gonna ring them on monday ,

hi guys not been on for ages comp troubles lol

ive not had any notification about my yearly flu jab or the swine flu jab in fact my flu jab is 2 month over due gonna ring them on monday ,

Hi william, nice to see you back. I was almost on the verge of ringing my GP as I hadn't heard anything, then they rang me out of the blue - last year I got a letter. Definitely worth chasing up.

Went to collect a prescription yesterday and asked about the swine flu jab. She looked a bit confused and said I think we will be writing out to people. Reassuring - not!

Well, here's my report on the matter, guys!

I went along for my seasonal flu jab this morning. Was fine, it really is just a scratch (and the needles is very small. Honestly, just look the other way and it's done). The doctor then asked me if I was wanting the H1N1 jab as well, because he could do it whilst I was here. So I had it, and the needle and whatnot is exactly the same as the seasonal flu jab. He told me that the worst you'd get is a slightly achey arm, and that as far as they knew it was only one shot, but gave me a little card marked down with which vaccine I'd had, in case advice changes.

Really not a huge problem at all, and I feel fine.

Well, here's my report on the matter, guys!

I went along for my seasonal flu jab this morning. Was fine, it really is just a scratch (and the needles is very small. Honestly, just look the other way and it's done). The doctor then asked me if I was wanting the H1N1 jab as well, because he could do it whilst I was here. So I had it, and the needle and whatnot is exactly the same as the seasonal flu jab. He told me that the worst you'd get is a slightly achey arm, and that as far as they knew it was only one shot, but gave me a little card marked down with which vaccine I'd had, in case advice changes.

Really not a huge problem at all, and I feel fine.

You've not developed an urge to go rootling around for truffles then? Phew!😉

Glad it went OK Becky - write it up on your blog, you've been neglecting it!🙂

Thanks Steff, I'll let you know how it goes. I likely won't be around again until monday, so if you don't see me posting it's because I'm away in bournemouth (woo!), not because there is a problem with the jab 😉

WOO! if you go out can i come please? haha

I'm up for that jab too. Already had the seasonal flu jab. Now just got to wait for something from the GP to say that I can have the other.

Apparently if you grow trotters they can't save your bacon though.

I've got my coat.

Daft question maybe but I'm 42 and I don't think I've ever had any kind of flu. Is it worth me having either jab? I'm due my next review shortly and hoping my test will be within limits. Type 2 recently diagnosed btw.

I can't remember the exact year of birth when the cut off occurs, by I remember hearing that no-one born before, say 1958, had died from swine flu, presumably because they had already encountered some version the virus. So, that's quite a bit older than you, Heliocentric.

Daft question maybe but I'm 42 and I don't think I've ever had any kind of flu. Is it worth me having either jab? I'm due my next review shortly and hoping my test will be within limits. Type 2 recently diagnosed btw.

I'm 51, and to my best recollection have never suffered flu. In fact, apart from the usual childhood infections like chicken pox, measles etc. I've never really been ill. But after diagnosis last year I decided to have the flu jab as the consequences of falling ill with diabetes would be far greater. If I was still my 'old self' I would have felt confident of fighting it off, now I'm thankful for the extra peace of mind the jab provides, so I'd say to go for it.🙂

Was at the surgery on Friday for annual review - nurse checked and my practice are not getting the swine flu vaccines in until 9th November and are then planning a Saturday morning grand clinic on 14th November

Annual review went ok except for then nurse telling my my HbA1c was 12.5! She looked at me most strangely when I said "No it is not - it is 5.3!" She'd looked at my Hb result ..... things kind of went downhill from there in terms of her confidence in dealing with me!

Went to collect a prescription yesterday and asked about the swine flu jab. She looked a bit confused and said I think we will be writing out to people. Reassuring - not!

Sounds familer i said to mine ohh whats happening with swine flu, she said oohh we are still waiting i said will i be getting a call she said i dont think we are specially sending any letters you will just see it advertised

My surgery is usually pretty good but I was disappointed with the seeming lack of knowledge about what's going on. I must admit I'm getting a bit jumpy now and want the swine flu jab asap. Every day they report increased numbers who are getting it and many ending up needing ITU beds. I want my Jab!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back