Swine Flu Jab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Steff, all went fine.

Got a script and she was happy to put down 400 test strips (woop woo!) but only 100 needles (not so woop woo) asked if I needed any lancet I said not for a year probably then she said her daughter was diabetic and changes her's about once a month! Also while I was there she said I could have my swine flu jab! Out of interest they have 10,500 patients and have only been given 500 doses of the vaccination, they have done 6months to 16 year olds in the at risk group first. Also they are holding back some pre bookables at the moment in case there is a swine flu epidemic! as back in was it spring? they had a lot of "business"!

Apparently I may have a sore arm for a few days and may get a temperature for a while, if so just take a couple of paracetomal!

All good

:D

ohh happy days got jab as well rossi cant be bad, wow changed lancets once a month i was like that until i saw in here alot change more regular now i change twice a week

well unc just rang me he got his swine flu this morning , i said to him o/h was it letter or fone call he said neither i went to pick a script up seen a poster in the surgery window and next minute he was in getting jab

I would give them a ring Lisa. You must be on the first lists and maybe some doctors are waiting for patients to ring them. You are entitled to it so ask them.

I got my letter yesterday, just got back from my retinal scan but will ring them later to book the appointment 🙂

got a phone call on tuesday from docs to go in for my flu jab as well as the swine flu jab, woke up on Wednesday feeling unwell got told today i have swine flu bummer lol

im geting worried im the only 1 who aint heard

I had my seasonal flu jab back in September at my last diabetic clinic, and have been offered the swine flu jab but haven't had it as I'm not convinced that it has been tested enough, what with the government trying to get it rushed out before any other country.

I'm booked in for 1st Dec for mine. If any startling facts come to light in between I might change my mind, but from what I've gathered it's much of a muchness with the flu jab so presumably didnt need testing as much as a "new" vaccine would, if that's wrong though someone say and I'll research more before I go 😛

got mine on wednesday morning:(

Had mine on Wednesday - HbA1C first with the nurse, jab a little later by my favourite GP, who advises me she's had hers - good enough for her, good enough for me. Didn't think to ask if it hurt 🙄

went in for hbA bloods and got mine this morning swine flu in left arm bloods done in right i dare not drink water im full of holes lol, was fine until he put it in and blood squirted out oops!

Last edited:
After been in and out of the hospital over the last month, finally fixed me wooo, i amj getting my swine flu jag on Saturday. I had to fight to get it as my doctors only had enough for 500 and were been rather sneaky about who was getting it.

Booked in for Saturday. Actually felt a bit sorry for the receptionists today (my ones aren't too bad) all the letters went out on Friday so it seems today they were just taking the same phone call over and over again!

I'm meant to be going to a party straight after, does anyone who's had it know if they mention any rules about not drinking after it?

Im having my swine flu jab on weds.Ive thought about it a lot with reading in the paper that some people who have had it experienced really bad side affects but decided to go ahead with it and maybe be ill for two days rather than two weeks.

My son had swine flu jab last week. The jab was ok but his arm was sore and 'heavy' for a couple of days. By day three he was fine and has continued to be. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back