Running for JDRF in the Great South Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch !!! :( Ive just read your blog , that sounds like a lovely run ... to start with !! shame about the injury :( it sounds painful . Next time have some money with you !! I hope you feel better and pain free soon !!

Thanks AM - I have reserved a ?2 to carry with me in future!

Hi Northerner ...

Have you stained a tendon in your calf or the muscle ?? ... Try a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel on your calf muscle for periods of half hours .. this may help with any inflamation and pain

Heidi
xx:D

Thanks Heidi - I've tried the old RICE treatment (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and it does seem to be a little better now, time will tell. I don't think it's catastrophic as there is no swelling or bruising like you would get with a tear - a friend of mine damaged her achilles tendon and couldn't run for 6 months😱

Thanks Heidi - I've tried the old RICE treatment (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and it does seem to be a little better now, time will tell. I don't think it's catastrophic as there is no swelling or bruising like you would get with a tear - a friend of mine damaged her achilles tendon and couldn't run for 6 months😱[/quote]

Got my fingers crossed for you Northerner ... :D ... at least there is no swelling or bruising .... :D

Heidi
xx🙂

Well, the leg is still sore and feels very 'fragile', but I am walking on it slightly better, so it's an improvement - yesterday I had to dig my crutches out to go to the shops, brought back memories!😱

Not too late to enter my competition!:D

BUMP!

How's the leg Northerner?😱Bev

It hasn't been too bad - better than I thought it was going to be, although I still can't run on it. I had to break into a trot crossing a road yesterday and I immediately felt something was going to tear so I'll have to give it 2 or 3 more days yet. It will be OK by the time the race comes around though!

Thought I might get a better response to my competition - come on everyone, only 50p to enter!🙂

Hi Northerner,
I just managed to twist my daughters arm and she has donated (she is poor - just out of uni in her first job!):DBev

Northener, I do so hope that you recover in time to run the race but i want you to know that even if you are not able to run i will still honour my donation in support of you.

Mand 🙂🙂

Northener, I do so hope that you recover in time to run the race but i want you to know that even if you are not able to run i will still honour my donation in support of you.

Mand 🙂🙂

Yes the same here without a doubt !! :D I do hope you are ok though but there will be other races !! 🙂

Hi Northerner,
I just managed to twist my daughters arm and she has donated (she is poor - just out of uni in her first job!):DBev

That's wonderful Bev, you have some very generous and warm-hearted children - a credit to you and your your Kate Bush-loving hubbie!😉:D

Thanks you to Big Sister!:D

Mand 🙂🙂

I'll do it Mand - only ever failed to finsih one in 27 years, and I would have finished that if they'd let me hop!😱:D

That's wonderful Bev, you have some very generous and warm-hearted children - a credit to you and your your Kate Bush-loving hubbie!;

Thanks you to Big Sister!:D

Grrrrr- Donations can be taken away you know!😱:DBev

All the best Alan. The support from this great group is with you and many will benefit.

All the best Alan. The support from this great group is with you and many will benefit.

Thank you John, I truly appreciate all the support I have received🙂 I've now reached 104% of my original target! I'm wondering whether it would be better to set a new target, or simply to see how much my original target is exceeded by. Sometimes, people are less likely to sponsor when a target has been reached, but really it was a 'finger in the air' target as we are just trying to raise as much money as possible.

What do people think? Raise target or leave as is?:confused:

Thank you John, I truly appreciate all the support I have received🙂 I've now reached 104% of my original target! I'm wondering whether it would be better to set a new target, or simply to see how much my original target is exceeded by. Sometimes, people are less likely to sponsor when a target has been reached, but really it was a 'finger in the air' target as we are just trying to raise as much money as possible.

What do people think? Raise target or leave as is?:confused:

Id raise the target !!! if you leave it people wont bother sponsoring you !!

Defo raise it.

Had a look at the course on the race organisers website, there are a couple of pubs on route! Anyone fancy cheering this Northener bloke on from such a location?

Defo raise it.

Had a look at the course on the race organisers website, there are a couple of pubs on route! Anyone fancy cheering this Northener bloke on from such a location?

Good idea Batman!...:D

Had a look at the course on the race organisers website, there are a couple of pubs on route!

Pubs on route???This wasnt mentioned when I initally chose the time and Blood sugar that I did........N you can change my finishing from mins and hours to days and weeks 😉

....oh and I think you should raise the target and put it high! Something to aim for, defo.

Pubs on route???This wasnt mentioned when I initally chose the time and Blood sugar that I did........N you can change my finishing from mins and hours to days and weeks 😉

....oh and I think you should raise the target and put it high! Something to aim for, defo.

Haha! I won't be stopping on the way round, but there are always plenty of drinkers out taunting you as you struggle past!😱😉

I've increased the target to ?400 - was thinking about ?500, but I'd probably only get that if my friends are as generous as they were last year which seems unlikely - people can get tired of being asked for money all the time!

Defo raise it.

If this is the 10 miler that starts in Southsea on 25th October I'm def up for that.

If this is the 10 miler that starts in Southsea on 25th October I'm def up for that.

That's the one! One thing to bear in mind is that traffic will be extremely busy and parking very difficult - trains are the best way to travel as Portsmouth Southsea is very close to the race start/finish.

Some of you may also be interested in the following:

http://www.diabetessupport.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?t=3694

I see you've already responded Corrine!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back