Running for JDRF in the Great South Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I might donate again then , that is three good causes so far !!

Young Diabetics , My Kidneys , and Kate Bush staying out of the charts 😉😉

It's the thought of Kate's welcoming arms waiting for me on the finishing line that keep me going when the going gets tough!:D

Northerner, I wish you the very best of luck - I know you'll do it! Have just dropped into forum amid dealing with on-going family crisis. So sorry can't sponsor you, but my thoughts will be with you. good luck :D

Northerner, I wish you the very best of luck - I know you'll do it! Have just dropped into forum amid dealing with on-going family crisis. So sorry can't sponsor you, but my thoughts will be with you. good luck :D

Thank you runner, I have been thinking of you and missing your posts - wishing you all the best.🙂

It's the thought of Kate's welcoming arms waiting for me on the finishing line that keep me going when the going gets tough!:D

Hehehe well you never know she may turn up 🙄 I'll be south again then I think I'll come and cheer you on :D😱

Hehehe well you never know she may turn up 🙄 I'll be south again then I think I'll come and cheer you on :D😱

It would be great to see any of the members around the course! I'll be the one at the front, so you won't miss me!

Well, maybe not right at the front...!:D

Have donated mate isnt alot cos i have a wedding to save for but have donated what i can.

Good luck :D

Hi, Well done, i've donated 3 bottles of wine from the asda 3 for a tenner selection..Panic... no wine!!!! Deep breaths i can do this!!!!

julie xx

Hi, Well done, i've donated 3 bottles of wine from the asda 3 for a tenner selection..Panic... no wine!!!! Deep breaths i can do this!!!!

julie xx

Julie, your sacrifice for a worthy cause will bring you much good kharma! Thank you very much, it is truly appreciated!🙂

p.s. I take my flat cap off for races, and I'm a lot tubbier now than I was in that picture - about two stone lighter then!😱😉

It would be great to see any of the members around the course! I'll be the one at the front, so you won't miss me!

Well, maybe not right at the front...!:D

Hehe I think we should drum up some forum support for you from all the members in the South 🙂

Hehe! You can tell Alex that I have only not finished two races - one because my leg broke at 23 miles, and the other because I was in hospital with DKA - it takes a lot to stop a Northerner!😉

Eeek!! 😱 How'd you manage that?! I knew it!...exercise really IS bad for you!

Guess I'd better get my bum in gear & sponsor you so you're incentivised not to break any more limbs! All the best with the training, & TAKE CARE!!

Eeek!! 😱 How'd you manage that?! I knew it!...exercise really IS bad for you!

Guess I'd better get my bum in gear & sponsor you so you're incentivised not to break any more limbs! All the best with the training, & TAKE CARE!!

I know - I have friends who have done all sorts of dangerous things, but I break the biggest, thickest and strongest bone in my body in the hazardous pursuit of...running!😱 (I did try to get up and finish, by the way, but the ambulance men wouldn't let me!)

Thanks Twitchy!🙂

I know - I have friends who have done all sorts of dangerous things, but I break the biggest, thickest and strongest bone in my body in the hazardous pursuit of...running!😱 (I did try to get up and finish, by the way, but the ambulance men wouldn't let me!)

Thanks Twitchy!🙂

I sprained my finger at a fencing competition, it actually really hurt to fence 😉

I sprained my finger at a fencing competition, it actually really hurt to fence 😉

I once fell over whilst drunk and broke my hand and little finger - that was worse than breaking the leg in some ways!

This is what my leg looks like now (or rather, an x-ray of it!):

AFTER02.jpg

i broke my finger by singing a nursery rhyme, can you imagine the damage i'd do it i did exercise!

Small donation made from a small OAP ! Good luck,

Faith, thank you so much! No donation is small, large or in-between (although OAPs may be!:D), they are all precious and all welcome, and I am touched and encouraged by every one!🙂

Oops! Having a hypo - time for some jelly babies! First one I've had in ages, must be the heat!

I once fell over whilst drunk and broke my hand and little finger - that was worse than breaking the leg in some ways!

This is what my leg looks like now (or rather, an x-ray of it!):

yes it really hurst and i could hardly fence! it was crazy hehe. Did ok though 😎

wow, that's a rather large piece of metal you have in your leg! my dad runs and has had his knees operated on twice, im not sure it's worth it... :D

just being cheeky and bumping this up in case some people didn't see it yesterday!

not allowed? so shoot me! heheheheheh, being naughty today as quite well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back