Running for JDRF in the Great South Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Alan ..

Just a quick thought .. Have you approached any companies for sponsorship? Most have money set aside for such purposes, as it can be claimed back and set off against tax puposes ... I'm sure one or two of the major Pharmacutical suppliers will be more than happy to help .. as would smaller firms ..

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi Alan ..

Just a quick thought .. Have you approached any companies for sponsorship? Most have money set aside for such purposes, as it can be claimed back and set off against tax puposes ... I'm sure one or two of the major Pharmacutical suppliers will be more than happy to help .. as would smaller firms ..

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi Heidi, the JDRF pack I received has lots of ideas in it, so I will be working my way through it in the coming week - part of it is a letter writing campaign!🙂

Hi Heidi, the JDRF pack I received has lots of ideas in it, so I will be working my way through it in the coming week - part of it is a letter writing campaign!🙂

Hi Alan ..

I thought the pack might have come with ideas .. just thought I would mention it just in case ... GlaxoKlien Smith I now are a good one to approach .. :D

Heidi
xx🙂

Hi Alan ..

I thought the pack might have come with ideas .. just thought I would mention it just in case ... GlaxoKlien Smith I now are a good one to approach .. :D

Heidi
xx🙂

Great! Keep the ideas coming in!:D

MMMMM.... How about approaching your local newspaper, and getting them to run a feature .... that will also help raise awareness of Diabetes .

Another idea .... How about another poster we could all download and put up in our dr's and hospital clinincs

Heidi
xx:D

Ive paid for my poem , thank you !! :D:D:D:D

Any sponsors out there ??? its a worthy cause !! :D:D

Just made a donation. Good luck Northerner!

Love Mand and son xx

Come on peeps - dig deep - 10p will help! No amount is too small - look down the back of your sofa!:DBev

Got home last night did the maths, after such cheep beer in the midlands I have managed to donate to you today before I start spending money on London pints!! Good luck again pal.:D

Got home last night did the maths, after such cheep beer in the midlands I have managed to donate to you today before I start spending money on London pints!! Good luck again pal.:D

That's excellent Rossi, thank you! Hurrah for cheap beer!🙂

Crocked!

Well, I was on for a great run this morning - would have been just over 6 miles - but unfortunately I hit a problem at around 4.5 miles when I felt something 'go' in my calf.😱 I'm hoping it's not too serious, but at the moment I can barely walk, let alone run. Things have got slightly better as the day has gone on, but it's probably going to take a week out of my training I imagine.:(

But don't worry! I'll still do it! So please keep sponsoring me!:D

You can read the (sorry!) story of this morning's run on my blog:

http://diabetespoetry.blogspot.com/

Well, I was on for a great run this morning - would have been just over 6 miles - but unfortunately I hit a problem at around 4.5 miles when I felt something 'go' in my calf.😱 I'm hoping it's not too serious, but at the moment I can barely walk, let alone run. Things have got slightly better as the day has gone on, but it's probably going to take a week out of my training I imagine.:(

But don't worry! I'll still do it! So please keep sponsoring me!

Ouch !!! :( Ive just read your blog , that sounds like a lovely run ... to start with !! shame about the injury :( it sounds painful . Next time have some money with you !! I hope you feel better and pain free soon !!

But don't worry! I'll still do it! So please keep sponsoring me!:D

Hi Northerner ...

Have you stained a tendon in your calf or the muscle ?? ... Try a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel on your calf muscle for periods of half hours .. this may help with any inflamation and pain

Heidi
xx:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back