No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks northe 🙂

I really don't think I need to be careful with what i'm doing. I have carbs for breakfast (weetabix and milk) and small amounts of carbs at each other meal - so it isnt an extreme diet or anything. Also I fall off the wagon all the time :D But when i'm doing low carbs my levels are so much better.

Thanks northe 🙂

I really don't think I need to be careful with what i'm doing. I have carbs for breakfast (weetabix and milk) and small amounts of carbs at each other meal - so it isnt an extreme diet or anything. Also I fall off the wagon all the time :D But when i'm doing low carbs my levels are so much better.

well i think that shows that you are being careful tho. if you are making sure you have some form of carbs at each meal and not being that bothered if you fall off the wagon then it is better than not having any at all.

well i think that shows that you are being careful tho. if you are making sure you have some form of carbs at each meal and not being that bothered if you fall off the wagon then it is better than not having any at all.

Ahem !!! Mike ... you have been evicted please leave the Low Carbers thread !!!

i think if you are gonna be a no carber then you need to be a lot more careful than you think. also i think this certainly applies to low carbing to

I would agree Mike.It's very easy to get carried away!

I am the same - still eating carbs, just fewer. Although I have lost some weight this week which is a welcome sdie effect!

I have fallen off the wagon somewhat this weekend, not so much the low-carb wagon as the good blood sugars wagon... My boyfriend was down (he currently lives in Manchester and I live in Woking) and we ended up going out in London last night, it's always a recipe for diaster where my sugar levels are concerned. Went up to 18 today and think on drinking nights it's prob best to forget the low-carb thing... I was even more of a light weight than I usually am! Oops... Oh well, today's another day 🙄

Sounds like things are still going well with you, Katie?

Hehe my sugars used to go crazy whenever I visited my boyfriend because we always ended up going out for dinner or ordering pizza (i'll blame him for the fact I now weight more than I have done in the past :D). I go out drinking usually once a week and my levels go stupidly high then too, so im trying to cut down! Ive stayed in this weekend, which was painful hehe.

So yeah things are still going ok since i havent been out. But ive had a couple of hypos that ive over compensated for and ended up at 12-13. Still not as bad as when im eating lots of carbs still so woo 🙂

YAY! just weighed myself and ive maintained my weight loss even though I went off the wagon for over a week, whoop :D

Hehe my sugars used to go crazy whenever I visited my boyfriend because we always ended up going out for dinner or ordering pizza (i'll blame him for the fact I now weight more than I have done in the past :D). I go out drinking usually once a week and my levels go stupidly high then too, so im trying to cut down! Ive stayed in this weekend, which was painful hehe.

So yeah things are still going ok since i havent been out. But ive had a couple of hypos that ive over compensated for and ended up at 12-13. Still not as bad as when im eating lots of carbs still so woo 🙂

Haha... Yes, it's a bit like that when we see each other. He's moving down in a couple of months though so really looking forward to it not happening any more!! Not saying that we won't still go out for pizzas and drink too much but it''l just be a lot easier! 🙂

Over compensating for hypos is one of my biggest problems. It's so difficult to judge it right when you don't quite have all your wits about you!

I have worked out why my sugras were dropping so much in the mornings.. And it was exactly what Anne-Maries was saying: I was taking my evening levemir injection too late then injecting my morning one over the top, so there was a few hours of overlap. I just need to inject a bit earlier in the evenings I think! I don't quite feel like thinking today though, my head's all groggy and I have reports to write, eek 😱

Good work on making him move down, rather than you having to move up there :D

Yeah it is difficult to judge, and when I have a bad hypo I feel like I have to keep eating for ages, so the bounce back from them can be very high!

Woo, well done for working out why you were going low, hope you manage to sort that out now. Goodluck with the report writing, I'm so glad ive put off real work for so long and i'll be putting it off for at least a couple of years longer :D

Good work on making him move down, rather than you having to move up there :D

Yeah it is difficult to judge, and when I have a bad hypo I feel like I have to keep eating for ages, so the bounce back from them can be very high!

Woo, well done for working out why you were going low, hope you manage to sort that out now. Goodluck with the report writing, I'm so glad ive put off real work for so long and i'll be putting it off for at least a couple of years longer :D

Hehe, yes, I'm excited that he's mving down. I love manchester but family and friends are down here, as are his, so it made sense really!

How much weight have you lost?! And well done on maintaining it 🙂

Fingers crossed I will be able to get back on track a bit tonight...

ah that's good then 🙂

I haven't lost much really hehe, I put 1lb on at first which i can only assume was muscle because I was eating less and doing lots of exercise. Now ive lost that 1lb and another 2lbs yay! lol. That is in a month though, so I might step up the exercise because I want to lose at least a stone before I go to australia. That would be a miricle though lol.

How about you, have you lost much since going low carb?

ah that's good then 🙂

I haven't lost much really hehe, I put 1lb on at first which i can only assume was muscle because I was eating less and doing lots of exercise. Now ive lost that 1lb and another 2lbs yay! lol. That is in a month though, so I might step up the exercise because I want to lose at least a stone before I go to australia. That would be a miricle though lol.

How about you, have you lost much since going low carb?

When are you planning on jetting off down under? So exciting :D I'm hoping to go and teach abroad in a coule of years too, but want to get my blood sugars stabilised first 🙄 It's good to have a goal in mind though, a stone's quite a lot but over a few months it's realistic!

I've managed somehow to lose almost 4 pounds this week... I think I need to up my calories a bit because I don't really want to be losing this much on a weekly basis!

When are you planning on jetting off down under? So exciting :D I'm hoping to go and teach abroad in a coule of years too, but want to get my blood sugars stabilised first 🙄 It's good to have a goal in mind though, a stone's quite a lot but over a few months it's realistic!

I've managed somehow to lose almost 4 pounds this week... I think I need to up my calories a bit because I don't really want to be losing this much on a weekly basis!

I was planning on going in august, but I might go a bit later depending on how much money ive saved :D Also like you, I wan my control to be good, I need to get an HbA1c in before I go and also an eye test.

Wow 4 pounds, grr im so jealous - For the first 2 weeks I was trying soo hard and put on a pound hehe, but muscle weighs more so it's difficult to tell what's going on. You are right though, 4 pounds is quite a lot if you aren't overweight!

I was planning on going in august, but I might go a bit later depending on how much money ive saved :D Also like you, I wan my control to be good, I need to get an HbA1c in before I go and also an eye test.

Wow 4 pounds, grr im so jealous - For the first 2 weeks I was trying soo hard and put on a pound hehe, but muscle weighs more so it's difficult to tell what's going on. You are right though, 4 pounds is quite a lot if you aren't overweight!

That gives you a good couple of months! But yes, important to be fitting in HbA1c and eye test before you go - good plan batman!

I was pretty surprised when I read the scales I have to be honest! I don't feel like I've lost anything! But hey... Will up my protein intake a bit I reckon. I could do with losing a few pounds but need to slow down the rate, I'd only really want to lose another half stone. ANd yes, muscle does weigh more. I usually tend to go by how my clothes are fitting or measurements rather than weight, it's not always reliable and can be affected by a number of things at any given time 😛

That gives you a good couple of months! But yes, important to be fitting in HbA1c and eye test before you go - good plan batman!

I was pretty surprised when I read the scales I have to be honest! I don't feel like I've lost anything! But hey... Will up my protein intake a bit I reckon. I could do with losing a few pounds but need to slow down the rate, I'd only really want to lose another half stone. ANd yes, muscle does weigh more. I usually tend to go by how my clothes are fitting or measurements rather than weight, it's not always reliable and can be affected by a number of things at any given time 😛

I thought so! haha.

Yeah 4 pounds in a week is pretty fast, that's what I was hoping for :D I did measure myself when I began the weight loss plan, but haven't re-measured yet, so fingers crossed i'll be a tiny bit smaller :D I weigh myself in the morning so that I know it isnt affected by the food ive eaten or drink. I know it isnt completely acurate but i weighed myself a lot before doing this and was the same each time, so I know it's going in the right direction 🙂

I thought so! haha.

Yeah 4 pounds in a week is pretty fast, that's what I was hoping for :D I did measure myself when I began the weight loss plan, but haven't re-measured yet, so fingers crossed i'll be a tiny bit smaller :D I weigh myself in the morning so that I know it isnt affected by the food ive eaten or drink. I know it isnt completely acurate but i weighed myself a lot before doing this and was the same each time, so I know it's going in the right direction 🙂

Haha... Yes... Well good luck. Keep me posted tomorrow. I'm hoping I might be back in the runnings for the best blood sugar winner but definitely not going by today's readings, bloomin' alcohol! Or rather bloomin' my lack of self control with alcohol... 😛

lol I can ensure you i'm far worse when it comes to alcohol (people call my drunken duncan :( haha).

I shall report back here tomorrow, the competition is ooon! I'm kinda hoping Anne Marie wins because she needs to have a day of good levels, tut 🙂 It would be great if we all had amazing results though :D Goodluck!

lol I can ensure you i'm far worse when it comes to alcohol (people call my drunken duncan :( haha).

Drunken I get, but Duncan?! Hehe...

Yes, let the competition commence! I would say good luck back, but I want to beat you 😛

haha my last name is Duncan 😛 Yep it is the most feminine nickname ive ever been given 😉

ooh that's fighting talk!

It was... But you'll be pleased to know I'm out of the running for today already! I was feeling all coldy yesterday so was running high and still feeling poorly this morning. Went to bed with a blood sugar of 16.7, woke up with one of 16.1 - great start. Although on the positive side I can be sure that my evening levemir does is right 😛 Did however have a bit of a lucid dream where I woke up and tested and it was 13.8. Still not sure whether it actually happened or not, hehe... 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back