No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was... But you'll be pleased to know I'm out of the running for today already! I was feeling all coldy yesterday so was running high and still feeling poorly this morning. Went to bed with a blood sugar of 16.7, woke up with one of 16.1 - great start. Although on the positive side I can be sure that my evening levemir does is right 😛 Did however have a bit of a lucid dream where I woke up and tested and it was 13.8. Still not sure whether it actually happened or not, hehe... 🙄

Oh poor you Munjeeta , I hope you feel better soon !! there is nothing like a cold or being slightly unwell to mess up good levels arghh . I hate that you feel ill then your sugars rise and you feel worse , not fair . Get Well soon !!

Oh poor you Munjeeta , I hope you feel better soon !! there is nothing like a cold or being slightly unwell to mess up good levels arghh . I hate that you feel ill then your sugars rise and you feel worse , not fair . Get Well soon !!

I know it's miserable :( I can't get them down below 16 and I feel grotty :(

Still feeling rubbish. And have managed to get sugar levels down to a joyous 2.8 - woohoo!

How have your sugars been today both of you? Better than mine I hope. It's karma for not saying good luck to Katie, bad sportsmanship! 😛

Last edited:
Oh noo you poor thing. Yep I think it is karma, you shouldnt be so mean 😛

Well I had a hypo last night again so think I need to reduce my lantus. I woke to 5.3, but ive only had one meal so far so that's it till dinner time. im going to do my exercise video right after this tennis match! I love only working part time when wimbledon is on :D

Really hope the levels get better for you later munjeeta!

I hope you feel better soon xx 🙂

Thank you, Anne-Marie 🙂

Oh noo you poor thing. Yep I think it is karma, you shouldnt be so mean 😛

Well I had a hypo last night again so think I need to reduce my lantus. I woke to 5.3, but ive only had one meal so far so that's it till dinner time. im going to do my exercise video right after this tennis match! I love only working part time when wimbledon is on

Really hope the levels get better for you later munjeeta!

Haha... Yes, part time work is brilliant - enjoy it while you can!

Levels are no better. I have now bounced back up to 20.8 😡 Bloody hate being ill and diabetic. I think diabetics should have an illness exemption card, like the medical exemption cards we get for prescriptions. Grrrr...

aww that's so annoying! :(

My levels arent great, just tested before exercise and it's 13.2 - no idea why really except that so far today ive just been sitting around. urgh.

aww that's so annoying! :(

My levels arent great, just tested before exercise and it's 13.2 - no idea why really except that so far today ive just been sitting around. urgh.

I'm still 18 too. Maybe it's something in the air! Summer solstice and all that... At least doing some exercise should bring it down? I've done nothing but the thought of jumping around is just too much for my poor head. Been in my pyjamas most of the day after being sent home from work! 😱

I'm still 18 too. Maybe it's something in the air! Summer solstice and all that... At least doing some exercise should bring it down? I've done nothing but the thought of jumping around is just too much for my poor head. Been in my pyjamas most of the day after being sent home from work! 😱

hehe could be that! I took 3 units before I exercised incase it made my levels shoot up, straight after I was 9 so a bit better. Now ive had dinner and more insulin so i'll see how it goes.

If i were you i wouldnt jump around either - i'd have a lazy day! Get well sooon x

hehe could be that! I took 3 units before I exercised incase it made my levels shoot up, straight after I was 9 so a bit better. Now ive had dinner and more insulin so i'll see how it goes.

If i were you i wouldnt jump around either - i'd have a lazy day! Get well sooon x

That's good 🙂 How are they this morning? I woke up in the middle of the night at 4.7, ate a digestive (again, a new meaning to midnight feasts!) but still woke up at 3.1. I treated it sensibly (hehe) but am still 13.2 now. I will hopefully do better today than yesterday... 😎

Are you back at work today? Feeling any better?

I woke up to 3.6 - oops! That was after reducing my lantus by 2 units. Not sure whether to reduce again or leave it for now, hmm.

Goodluck 😛

Are you back at work today? Feeling any better?

I woke up to 3.6 - oops! That was after reducing my lantus by 2 units. Not sure whether to reduce again or leave it for now, hmm.

Goodluck 😛

No, day off again. Feeling a bit better illness-wise but need to get my sugar levels sorted before I face work.

Haha... Looks like we're doing about as badly as each other at the moment! I'd leave your lantus for a couple of days - it normally takes about 3 days for you to feel the full effect of an increase or reduction.

Glad you feel better, enjoy the day off!

Thanks for the advice, I will leave it and see how it goes then. The thing is if I stop doing exercise over the weekend or something I'll probably need more again 🙄 And I probably will because i'm going to London whoop!

Glad you feel better, enjoy the day off!

Thanks for the advice, I will leave it and see how it goes then. The thing is if I stop doing exercise over the weekend or something I'll probably need more again 🙄 And I probably will because i'm going to London whoop!

Ta. I can't say I'm particularly enjoying it! Sugar levels running at 13 still, still can't get them down :(

Yes, that's the problem... Any change of routine has such a big impact on sugar levels! But if it's only for the weekend and you'll be back to exercise routine on Mon then maybe you'll just need to up your short acting slightly to compensate?

London though? That's exciting. I love London. Lived there last year but couldn't afford it so moved home with my tail between my legs 😛

:D Finally got them down below 10 - result! Was starting to get mighty peed off.

Hey ho, hey ho, it's back to work I go... 🙂

Ta. I can't say I'm particularly enjoying it! Sugar levels running at 13 still, still can't get them down

Yes, that's the problem... Any change of routine has such a big impact on sugar levels! But if it's only for the weekend and you'll be back to exercise routine on Mon then maybe you'll just need to up your short acting slightly to compensate?

London though? That's exciting. I love London. Lived there last year but couldn't afford it so moved home with my tail between my legs

Thinking about it... I'm going to be on my feet all day anyway so will probably use up a lot of energy and wont need any more insulin 🙂

I'm going to the festival in Hyde park, can't wait to see Seasick Steve woo :D I can't even afford to live in Bournemouth, let alone london hehe.

Finally got them down below 10 - result! Was starting to get mighty peed off.

Hey ho, hey ho, it's back to work I go...

woo glad you got them back down 🙂 My levels were good again after lunch, but ive just been snacking on fig biscuits so they are probably high again now (not really part of the diet either), but i'm about to have dinner so will take a bigger hit to compensate 😉

Thinking about it... I'm going to be on my feet all day anyway so will probably use up a lot of energy and wont need any more insulin

I'm going to the festival in Hyde park, can't wait to see Seasick Steve woo I can't even afford to live in Bournemouth, let alone london hehe.

Which festival is it? Is it a weekender or a day thing? Yeah... Seasick Steve... My boyfriend thinks he's brilliant but I can't say I particularly have the same view, maybe I need to listen again! I'm off to the Wireless Festival in a couple of weeks, just for the Sat, will be grooving on down to a bit of Basement Jaxx and Dizzee Rascal oh yes 🙂 Was hoping to do a weekender at some point but can't really afford it as looking to move house over t'summer.

woo glad you got them back down 🙂 My levels were good again after lunch, but ive just been snacking on fig biscuits so they are probably high again now (not really part of the diet either), but i'm about to have dinner so will take a bigger hit to compensate

Yes - about bloomin' time! Glad your levels have been better this avo though 🙂 Maybe we can step up the competition for tomorrow 😉 Are you still low-carbing it? How many grams are you eating a day?

Which festival is it? Is it a weekender or a day thing? Yeah... Seasick Steve... My boyfriend thinks he's brilliant but I can't say I particularly have the same view, maybe I need to listen again! I'm off to the Wireless Festival in a couple of weeks, just for the Sat, will be grooving on down to a bit of Basement Jaxx and Dizzee Rascal oh yes Was hoping to do a weekender at some point but can't really afford it as looking to move house over t'summer.

Ok I just looked it up and apparently it's called Hardrockcalling, I let my friend organise it lol. I fell in love with Seasick Steve when I saw his performance at last year's Reading on tv, it was so good! I wouldn't really listen to him on CD, but he looks awesome live. I'm only going to saturday, Neil Young and Ben Harper are there too woo.

Ahh basement jaxx and Dizzee, i'm so jealous! I'm gutted im missing out on Yeah yeah yeahs and Radiohead at Reading too, but I need to save for Oz.

Yes - about bloomin' time! Glad your levels have been better this avo though 🙂 Maybe we can step up the competition for tomorrow 😉 Are you still low-carbing it? How many grams are you eating a day?

Well as you can tell by the fig rolls, i'm not being strict with the low carbs!! I have 30-40g for breakfast, for lunch I have from virtually nothing (salad) to about 40g and probably about the same for dinner. Obviously sometimes I decided to have more carbs like that macaroni cheese I had.

Today I had 30g for breakfast (weetabix), 22g for lunch (tuna light lunch) and i just had chicken and salad for dinner, which was virtually no carbs. All sounds great accept I snacked on fig rolls so had to take lots of insulin at dinner time :D

How are you doing with the low carbs?

Well as you can tell by the fig rolls, i'm not being strict with the low carbs!! I have 30-40g for breakfast, for lunch I have from virtually nothing (salad) to about 40g and probably about the same for dinner. Obviously sometimes I decided to have more carbs like that macaroni cheese I had.

Today I had 30g for breakfast (weetabix), 22g for lunch (tuna light lunch) and i just had chicken and salad for dinner, which was virtually no carbs. All sounds great accept I snacked on fig rolls so had to take lots of insulin at dinner time :D

How are you doing with the low carbs?

Festival sounds good! Make sure you jump around like a mad thing to compensate for lack of exercise vid 😛

I'm similar with the carbs...
Breakfast is always the same - muesli which is 42g of carbohydrate.
Lunch has been generally salad and a packet of twiglets (mmmm) with some sort of protein and a jelly. Fairly low carb - about 15 for twiglets and same again roughly for salad?
Dinner something meat-based with fewer carbs than normal, so maybe 2 new potatoes rather than 8 😛 Normally ends up at around 30-40g of carb including veg/ fruit...

I'm trying not to be too strict and end up eating about 100g of carbs during the day. Not really counting hypo treatments as I figure they're an evil necessity... 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back