No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi low carbers, I was reading the intro of Collins Gem GI book to refresh my memory of what it's all about.

Have any of you heard or followed the blood type diet, apparently there's a theory out there that every blood type digests food in a different way so every type should eat differently? It doesn't sound totally idiotic to me but just thought I'd ask you guys/gals

Ps had a low(ish) carb tea tonight fish salad and rye bread (only a little) I'm coming round to your ways people!!

Festival sounds good! Make sure you jump around like a mad thing to compensate for lack of exercise vid

I'm similar with the carbs...
Breakfast is always the same - muesli which is 42g of carbohydrate.
Lunch has been generally salad and a packet of twiglets (mmmm) with some sort of protein and a jelly. Fairly low carb - about 15 for twiglets and same again roughly for salad?
Dinner something meat-based with fewer carbs than normal, so maybe 2 new potatoes rather than 8 😛 Normally ends up at around 30-40g of carb including veg/ fruit...

I'm trying not to be too strict and end up eating about 100g of carbs during the day. Not really counting hypo treatments as I figure they're an evil necessity...

I'm sure I will do plenty of jumping around, my friend sophie will be off her face so i'll have to join in a bit haha! eek, hope I get back to her house in one piece, better not drink too much this time 😉

Sounds like we are eating similar amounts of carbs then, accept I probably cheat more with snacks like fig rolls. They screwed up my levels tonight and then I fell asleep on the sofa so I feel a bit poo now, I woke up to 14. I have corrected now so hopefully will be ok in the morning.

What are those jellies you eat again? I keep meaning to get some but forget which ones you recommended lol. I bought one today and I didnt like it, not sure if it was the right one.

Better try not to cheat tomorrow :(

Last edited:
Have any of you heard or followed the blood type diet, apparently there's a theory out there that every blood type digests food in a different way so every type should eat differently? It doesn't sound totally idiotic to me but just thought I'd ask you guys/gals

Ps had a low(ish) carb tea tonight fish salad and rye bread (only a little) I'm coming round to your ways people!!

Wow that's a very healthy meal Rossi!

Ive never heard of the blood type diet, sounds quite amusing hehe! I have no idea what blood type I am, even though ive had dozens of blood tests. I'll google it and see what it's about.

Hi low carbers, I was reading the intro of Collins Gem GI book to refresh my memory of what it's all about.

Yay 🙂 Climb aboard! Sounds like a good low-carb meal there... Yes, I have heard of the blood type diet, although don't know much about it. I guess it could make sense that different blood types digest slightly differently so would definitely be interested to find out more - keep us posted!

I'm sure I will do plenty of jumping around, my friend sophie will be off her face so i'll have to join in a bit haha! eek, hope I get back to her house in one piece, better not drink too much this time

Sounds like we are eating similar amounts of carbs then, accept I probably cheat more with snacks like fig rolls. They screwed up my levels tonight and then I fell asleep on the sofa so I feel a bit poo now, I woke up to 14. I have corrected now so hopefully will be ok in the morning.

What are those jellies you eat again? I keep meaning to get some but forget which ones you recommended lol. I bought one today and I didnt like it, not sure if it was the right one.

Better try not to cheat tomorrow

Hehe, well enjoy the fest 🙂

Yes, indeed it does sound like we're eating similar amounts - quite comforting and helpful too, we can keep keeping each other posted and hopefully get somewhere with it! How is your blood this morning?

The jellies are Hartleys ones. I tried the Rowntrees ones once and they were horrible 😱 But the Hartleys ones come in a taller pot and are in flavours like mango and passionfruit/ blueberry and blackberry, yum!

I've gone back up to 17 over night. I've just posted another thread because I'm starting to get worried. As much as I'm used to not having great levels I'm not usually this consistently high :(

Thanks, I might buy one today for lunch.

Well AGAIN I went low before bed, but I'm pretty sure it's because I over-corrected and not because of my lantus. I woke up to 11, grr!

Sorry to hear about the crazy levels :( Remember to drink plenty of water to help flush out ketones!

I've always wondered what the drinking of plenty of water does, so it flushes ketones ways, cheers Katie

http://www.dadamo.com/

I haven't read the site yet, but this is the first site that popped up on google, when searching for "blood type diets"

If I find anyting else interesting I'll let you know.

thanks rossi, i'll take a look.

BG level at lunchtime: 8.6 - not great but better than the morning one 🙂

my levels for the past 4 days are

breakfast between 4.7 and 5.9

lunch between 5 and 6.9

luch between 4 and 7

before bed between 4.2 and 5.9

and i dont low carb or feed insulin to get these figures.

are you strict with carb counting or do some guess work? and do you need insulin if you snack?

i use insulin for my snacks but only cos i like to have my carbs lol

i do use carb counting all the time and i weigh out my food so i know what to take. eating out is the mine field tho lol

i use insulin for my snacks but only cos i like to have my carbs lol

i do use carb counting all the time and i weigh out my food so i know what to take. eating out is the mine field tho lol

yeah eating out is a bitch, hopefully they will have to start giving nutritional info out.

How many injections do you do a day usually if youve been snacking?

yeah eating out is a bitch, hopefully they will have to start giving nutritional info out.

How many injections do you do a day usually if youve been snacking?

if my snacks need insulin i have between 5 and 8. if they dont i have the standard 4 lol

i hope they get made to show the carbs etc in what they serve as it will make our lives so much easier

http://www.dadamo.com/

I haven't read the site yet, but this is the first site that popped up on google, when searching for "blood type diets"

If I find anyting else interesting I'll let you know.

Sounds good, will check it out later too!

thanks rossi, i'll take a look.

BG level at lunchtime: 8.6 - not great but better than the morning one 🙂

Much better!! Woohoo! Mine's come down to 9.3 now too so here's to hoping all the germs are out of my system now. Just had a nice lowish carb lunch of salad, mackeral (not quite so ick as last time), some quavers and a choc covered rice cake (mmm)

my levels for the past 4 days are

breakfast between 4.7 and 5.9

lunch between 5 and 6.9

luch between 4 and 7

before bed between 4.2 and 5.9

and i dont low carb or feed insulin to get these figures.

Wow 😱 Those levels are amaazing. I've NEVER had levels like that... So you eat quite similarly on a daily basis? Or do you just know exactly how each thing affects your blood sugars? How long have you been carb counting for? I'm in shock...

Sounds good, will check it out later too!

Much better!! Woohoo! Mine's come down to 9.3 now too so here's to hoping all the germs are out of my system now. Just had a nice lowish carb lunch of salad, mackeral (not quite so ick as last time), some quavers and a choc covered rice cake (mmm)

Wow 😱 Those levels are amaazing. I've NEVER had levels like that... So you eat quite similarly on a daily basis? Or do you just know exactly how each thing affects your blood sugars? How long have you been carb counting for? I'm in shock...

lol i aint been counting properly for that long. tought myself about 2 years ago, but went on course a while back now and found it made a huge difference to my life. i do eat a lot of similar thing but it is out of choice not cos i know what they do to my levels. i love chicken and try and limit my red meat intake to 1 time a week lol but i love carbs to so i tend to eat quite a bit. im obsessed with my levels so i like them to be quite low all the time

lol i aint been counting properly for that long. tought myself about 2 years ago, but went on course a while back now and found it made a huge difference to my life. i do eat a lot of similar thing but it is out of choice not cos i know what they do to my levels. i love chicken and try and limit my red meat intake to 1 time a week lol but i love carbs to so i tend to eat quite a bit. im obsessed with my levels so i like them to be quite low all the time

I'm obsessed with mine too at the moment, but obsessive or not nothing seems to make a blind bit of difference 😡

Was it a DAFNE course? Or something different? Glad it made such a difference 🙂 I was enrolled on a DAFNE for Nov but now they've changed it to a BERTIE (wtf?!) which is apparently similar but 1 day a week for 4 weeks rather than 5 days a week for 1 week. I'm looking forward to it but it's a long way to Nov...

I have been trying to carb count for the past 9 months or so. Every time I feel like I'm getting somewhere another spanner seems to be put in the works. Hence trying low carb as I figure it's easier to work out more exactly if there are less of them...

I'm obsessed with mine too at the moment, but obsessive or not nothing seems to make a blind bit of difference 😡

Was it a DAFNE course? Or something different? Glad it made such a difference 🙂 I was enrolled on a DAFNE for Nov but now they've changed it to a BERTIE (wtf?!) which is apparently similar but 1 day a week for 4 weeks rather than 5 days a week for 1 week. I'm looking forward to it but it's a long way to Nov...

I have been trying to carb count for the past 9 months or so. Every time I feel like I'm getting somewhere another spanner seems to be put in the works. Hence trying low carb as I figure it's easier to work out more exactly if there are less of them...

well i did dafne (called ice up here) i also have a lot of things written down in relation to carb contents of foods etc. i would say if you try and stick to the same stuff you get the spanners thrown in cos it is life for us lol.

i dont have any secrets really i just exercise often and for quite a period to. how much insulin do you use in a day???

well i did dafne (called ice up here) i also have a lot of things written down in relation to carb contents of foods etc. i would say if you try and stick to the same stuff you get the spanners thrown in cos it is life for us lol.

i dont have any secrets really i just exercise often and for quite a period to. how much insulin do you use in a day???

No secrets but it works!

You see. Exercise is where I fall down. Not literally, although it has been a while so I can't say for definite that I wouldn't... 😛 I find it such an effort to make myself exercise. I make excuses. And the immediate impact on my blood sugars puts me off because I rarely exercise without a low or a high. And I also find it really hard to find the time to fit it into my weekly routine. Long working days and a long distance relationship mean my time is limited. Although not so limited I couldn't do exercise if I had the motivation... Vicious cycle! I need to start looking at exercise as part of my medication...

I am trying to record foods and carb amounts and note down effects of things on blood sugar. But it's hard to remember to do it when it needs to be done, especially at work - children don't wait for anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back