No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
At close range. Like darts!

Haha... And on that happy note I'm going to call it a night! More children to hit with rounders balls tomorrow... I will keep you updated on any low-carb-related-blood-sugars I'm sure!! x

Haha... And on that happy note I'm going to call it a night! More children to hit with rounders balls tomorrow... I will keep you updated on any low-carb-related-blood-sugars I'm sure!! x

Night Munjeeta, let me know how it goes tomorrow with the Low Carbing , reducing Insulin . you have done so well so far though 🙂 well done !!

Night Munjeeta, let me know how it goes tomorrow with the Low Carbing , reducing Insulin . you have done so well so far though 🙂 well done !!

Aaaarrrgghhhh! I hypoed last night and then went to bed with a blood sugar of 14.9 due to the bounce back. "I'll be fine tonight," I thought to myself as I fell asleep. But lo and behold, I wake up this morning at 2.6!!! 😱 So. I have cut my morning levemir from 14 to 12. I have cut my novorapid from 8 doen to 5. And I will cut my evening levemir from 16 to 14 later I think... See what delights today brings... 🙄

Sounds good! How have your blood sugars been? No dramatic changes like my silly levels?!

Good call Although running a rounders club isn't as exciting as playing yourself! Instead I just get to laugh when the kids are going for a catch and run into each other, or get thwacked in the tummy by a badly aimed hit... :D

On the days where Ive been good with the low carbing my blood sugars my levels were reeeaaallly good, best ive seen for a long lime. I did hypo a lot more too but I think this was because of the exercise I was doing. I went from no exercise for months to at least an hour's cardio a day!

I think you just need to tweak your levemir and maybe ratios so you don't get as many hypos and you will start to see really good levels 🙂

It's good to know our PE teachers were laughing at us when we did silly things during lessons, I thought I was safe with the teacher at least :( hehe :D

On the days where Ive been good with the low carbing my blood sugars my levels were reeeaaallly good, best ive seen for a long lime. I did hypo a lot more too but I think this was because of the exercise I was doing. I went from no exercise for months to at least an hour's cardio a day!

I think you just need to tweak your levemir and maybe ratios so you don't get as many hypos and you will start to see really good levels 🙂

It's good to know our PE teachers were laughing at us when we did silly things during lessons, I thought I was safe with the teacher at least :( hehe :D

Indeed! I would say the children are safe in my care, but if tehy do funny things how can I not laugh?! 😛

I'm tweaking... Bu tnothing's happening, although I know it takes a few days for changes in levemir to take an effect... I was STILL 4.4 at break time, even after halving my insulin dose almost! Blimey... At this rate I'll be able to cut oput injections altogether!!

How's today going?

Indeed! I would say the children are safe in my care, but if tehy do funny things how can I not laugh?! 😛

I'm tweaking... Bu tnothing's happening, although I know it takes a few days for changes in levemir to take an effect... I was STILL 4.4 at break time, even after halving my insulin dose almost! Blimey... At this rate I'll be able to cut oput injections altogether!!

How's today going?

Wooooo much more of this and you're CURED !!!! I on the otherhand woke up just after 5am hypo 😡 1.8 arghhh , no supper Ooops 😱
Good luck today , we should do a little competition to see who gets the best levels in one day , I think you are already winning Munjeeta !! Have a good one , and you Katie (aka Twin) xxA.M

Wow munjeeta, It is so good that you need so much less insulin. Today is going well thanks because I woke to the 'perfect' number that you see in all the blood glucose monitor adverts, 5.8!!! :D

I'll let you know how it is at lunch.

Wooooo much more of this and you're CURED !!!! I on the otherhand woke up just after 5am hypo 😡 1.8 arghhh , no supper Ooops 😱
Good luck today , we should do a little competition to see who gets the best levels in one day , I think you are already winning Munjeeta !! Have a good one , and you Katie (aka Twin) xxA.M

Sorry to hear about the hypo AM, did you sleep late after that? I got just over 6 hours sleep last night and I feel so much better than usual woo! I dont mind joining in the competition today since my day started well hehe. Hope yours are good too xx

Wow munjeeta, It is so good that you need so much less insulin. Today is going well thanks because I woke to the 'perfect' number that you see in all the blood glucose monitor adverts, 5.8!!! :D

I'll let you know how it is at lunch.

Sorry to hear about the hypo AM, did you sleep late after that? I got just over 6 hours sleep last night and I feel so much better than usual woo! I dont mind joining in the competition today since my day started well hehe. Hope yours are good too xx

im out of the running today girls , my 1.8 then rebounded in to the top 20's so i'll be correcting for England today 😡😡 I will oversee you both to ensure no cheating though :D.

Damn that sucks AM, give yourself a big old dose of that novorapid (or whichever one you use!). Hope it gets better xx

Guess what?! lunchtime - 5.1!! woo! lol.

So I woke to 5.8, had 2 weetabix @ 30g and took 8 units for it (my ratio makes it 6 but I know that isnt enough for breakfast from experience grr)

Now 5.1 and im having a pasta salad which has 33g of carbs so i'll be taking 6 units because i cant do 0.5. Fingers crossed i'll have good levels at dinner time!

Damn that sucks AM, give yourself a big old dose of that novorapid (or whichever one you use!). Hope it gets better xx

Guess what?! lunchtime - 5.1!! woo! lol.

So I woke to 5.8, had 2 weetabix @ 30g and took 8 units for it (my ratio makes it 6 but I know that isnt enough for breakfast from experience grr)

Now 5.1 and im having a pasta salad which has 33g of carbs so i'll be taking 6 units because i cant do 0.5. Fingers crossed i'll have good levels at dinner time!

Hey Twin , great levels !!! Wooooo , keep up the good work. . Yes Ive had my breakfast lol.... Mmmm a large dose of Humalog :( I cant do half units either lol... not fair , I tend to round up if I'm a bit higher than I want or round down if Im ok or a bit low. i will join in tomorrow though if Im not flying high again 😱

Yeah, Katie definitely wins today! I think you're right - a competition's definitely a good idea 🙂

I woke up to 2.8, then went up to 11.7, had a 4.4 at break, a 4.9 before lunch then... 7.4 3-and-a-half hours after lunch having taken NO insulin at all :D An injection-free lunch, woohoo!!!

I hope you're feeling ok after bouncing today, Anne-Marie. I really hate days like that :(

Yeah, Katie definitely wins today! I think you're right - a competition's definitely a good idea 🙂

I woke up to 2.8, then went up to 11.7, had a 4.4 at break, a 4.9 before lunch then... 7.4 3-and-a-half hours after lunch having taken NO insulin at all :D An injection-free lunch, woohoo!!!

I hope you're feeling ok after bouncing today, Anne-Marie. I really hate days like that :(

Hi Munjeeta, not bad levels at all for you today , a bit of fine tuning and you will be there. Hey I like the no Insulin at lunch idea Woooo , good result. I am fine now thank you , Ive stopped bouncing all over the place now , thank god. I'm just suffering with the post hypo/ rebound headache :( We should defo see who can get the best numbers one day though , just as a bit of a boost and some encouragement ..... and some good old fashion competion lol

Yeah, Katie definitely wins today! I think you're right - a competition's definitely a good idea

7.1 before dinner yay! best day ever for blood sugars :D

Well done on the the insulin-free lunch jeeta 🙂

Hi Munjeeta, not bad levels at all for you today , a bit of fine tuning and you will be there. Hey I like the no Insulin at lunch idea Woooo , good result. I am fine now thank you , Ive stopped bouncing all over the place now , thank god. I'm just suffering with the post hypo/ rebound headache We should defo see who can get the best numbers one day though , just as a bit of a boost and some encouragement ..... and some good old fashion competion lol

Hope tomorrow goes better for you AM xx

Last edited:
i think if you are gonna be a no carber then you need to be a lot more careful than you think. also i think this certainly applies to low carbing to

7.1 before dinner yay! best day ever for blood sugars :D

Just wanted to chime in and say well done katie! 🙂

This thread is making interesting reading, although I know I could never go low-carb, but it's good to see how it's going for you all.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back