No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I still have to cover the Omlette with Insulin :( Just not as much as if Id eaten Carbs .

right didnt knw this. this just doesnt go with dafne, you only count carbs and nothing else, they told me for example could have a salad and no insulin??

Also, i was told to eat omellette when basal testing as carb free, understood this as no need for insulin, otherwise how can you check basal, bugger :(

dont worry, i didnt think i'd have to cover a salad either! now if i cant really work out the carbs but i know there arent many at all I take 2-4 units. but im on 2:10g so you might only need 1-2 units.

ok, thanks

Don't forget that your body needs circulating insulin - your basal might not be enough, especially if you are active.

your right I know, just get so wrapped up in dafne and carb counting!:D

OK, omellete (still cant spell that!), saga round two

Just had two egg omelette, with nothing in to see how i go, took 1 unit of insulin, before breakfast 4.7........................

🙂

Hey Tracey, how did the one unit go??

I just had an omelette too, it came out perfectly woo :D

well, was 6.6 at two hours and 7.6 at three, so much better, no spikes

had panini for lunch and was 18.9 at two hours 😱

I put a bit of milk in the omellete but was a bit soggy :(

Having chicken stir fry for tea, with a yoghurt, im so predictable!

Have bought one of those tuna light lunch thingies to try as well.

I need some help

I've only recently started on insulin and I'm working it out for myself so this thread has been really interesting.

I have high cholesteral too - so a no-carb diet is pretty difficult for me to manage as I can't compensate with meats and cheeses (though I'm loving peanut butter...! seems like that should be impossible to eat but right now it's amazing - satisfies my need for a little snack and even my need for chocolate!)

On Carbs - I was wondering if it's bad for you to just eat the carbs and take the insulin? Or is it better in the long run to use the least amount of insulin you can manage..?

I've only recently started on insulin and I'm working it out for myself so this thread has been really interesting.

I have high cholesteral too - so a no-carb diet is pretty difficult for me to manage as I can't compensate with meats and cheeses (though I'm loving peanut butter...! seems like that should be impossible to eat but right now it's amazing - satisfies my need for a little snack and even my need for chocolate!)

On Carbs - I was wondering if it's bad for you to just eat the carbs and take the insulin? Or is it better in the long run to use the least amount of insulin you can manage..?

Hi Kimberly, welcome

Its hard to get your head round what you should be eating when first diagnosed isnt it? I would recommend talking to your team, gp/dsn etc at first and get their advice on a healthy diet for your needs. Everyones need for insulin is very diferent, its individual, but there is certainly nothing wrong in needing a lot, if you do. We all take what we need as individuals, hope that makes sense and helps you, good luck 🙂

OMG I have been duped !!! I have always counted an innocent looking Apple as approx 10.5g of Carbs .....WRONG !! 16 !!!! in a Granny Smiths , sob sob .. it had to be my FAVOURITE :(:(:(:(

Hi Kimberly and Welcome :D Its not about No-Carb , the secret is about achieveing the best result for you and your Diabetes /Health . For some it is very few Carbs (like myself) and for others it is just a matter of reducing them , to achieve the same results. Why not try and just slightly reduce the Carbs in the occasional meal and see how you go with that? If you need any help at all we are always around to answer as best we can . Good luck 🙂

thanks

Hi Kimberly, welcome

Its hard to get your head round what you should be eating when first diagnosed isnt it? I would recommend talking to your team, gp/dsn etc at first and get their advice on a healthy diet for your needs. Everyones need for insulin is very diferent, its individual, but there is certainly nothing wrong in needing a lot, if you do. We all take what we need as individuals, hope that makes sense and helps you, good luck 🙂

thanks for the welcome and the response - I have an appointment with a dietitian in a couple weeks and I have a lot of questions for them..!! If I get any interesting advise on no carb eating I will post it up!

When I was in America I found a substitute for pasta which people may be interested in (though I haven't been able to find it in England yet...!!!). House Foods make a Tofu version of shirataki noodles (http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx) which are actually quite good (can be a little chewy if you over cook 'em!) but when you add some veggies and tomatoes / sause - they make a really good substitute for actual spaghetti (more like angel hair pasta)

Last edited:
Morning Girls , All well today I hope .
Twin how are your levels today, after your correction lastnight? I corrected my 16+ and woke to a 17.0 this morning 😱 bl**dy Glucose Dump again.... must be !? Grrrr I only corrected down to an 8 as it was so late / early am .You'd think with the amount of Glucose Dumps Ive had the last few weeks Id be running on empty by now Lol 🙄

Well its Prawn Salad for me today (its become an addiction 😱) Also as I
cant go out and get my errands done Im going to do 2 hours Aero Burn Aerobics ..... If Im conspicuous by my absence its killed me lol hehehehe

Morning Girls , All well today I hope .
Twin how are your levels today, after your correction lastnight? I corrected my 16+ and woke to a 17.0 this morning 😱 bl**dy Glucose Dump again.... must be !? Grrrr I only corrected down to an 8 as it was so late / early am .You'd think with the amount of Glucose Dumps Ive had the last few weeks Id be running on empty by now Lol 🙄

Well its Prawn Salad for me today (its become an addiction 😱) Also as I
cant go out and get my errands done Im going to do 2 hours Aero Burn Aerobics ..... If Im conspicuous by my absence its killed me lol hehehehe

urgh! last night i started going low so ate 3 glucose tablets, then i woke up to 3.6. so a had a couple more. then i was high before lunch 🙄 and high later one! so it hasnt been great! hope you are doing better tonight xx

Afternoon all,

Just thought I'd pop in, and say I cannay believe now nice it was to have bacon and egg every (nearly) morning last week where I was, hmm can I get motivated to have that every day at home? It was scrambled egg tho, so maybe I'd do a fried at home?

Well once I move I'll be closer to the orifice so maybe there's a cahncE!

Hope you all doing good this weekend levels wise and fun wise😉

Rossi

Morning Everyone in Low Carb Land , all doing well I hope 🙂Hmm I've not had the best levels this morning :( 11.2 , I seem to run higher levels when I dont sleep Ive noticed :confused: I'm not sure why >>> you'd think as I was more active that I would be lower , definately not the case 😡 Hopefully things will sort themselves out during the day >>> heres hoping !Well for Tea this evening I have decided to go for Tuna Salad , I'm enjoying Salads atm !!

Morning Everyone in Low Carb Land , all doing well I hope 🙂Hmm I've not had the best levels this morning 11.2 , I seem to run higher levels when I dont sleep Ive noticed :confused: I'm not sure why >>> you'd think as I was more active that I would be lower , definately not the case 😡 Hopefully things will sort themselves out during the day >>> heres hoping !Well for Tea this evening I have decided to go for Tuna Salad , I'm enjoying Salads atm !!

I woke up to 12 and have no idea why GRR. Ive noticed that too, my levels are worse when I dont sleep enough or just sleep at the wrong times. I guess you over corrected the 11.2 because u had a hypo :(

I woke up to 12 and have no idea why GRR. Ive noticed that too, my levels are worse when I dont sleep enough or just sleep at the wrong times. I guess you over corrected the 11.2 because u had a hypo :(

No I only took 1 unit :confused::confused: I'm cautious about correcting atm after my last encounter with the paramedics lol hehe 😱

No I only took 1 unit :confused::confused: I'm cautious about correcting atm after my last encounter with the paramedics lol hehe 😱

wow that's a massive drop. did u have any food or just take a unit on it's own? how long till you went hypo?

wow that's a massive drop. did u have any food or just take a unit on it's own? how long till you went hypo?

I had 1 unit at 7.19am >> no food , then at 8.16am I had some breakfast and a couple of units 🙂 I was'nt hypo till 1.25pm so it may be my Basal brought me down lower , I have a split dose at 10pm and 7am .I had been blitzing the house from top to bottom though so didnt really stop all morning >>> plus its boiling here today .

P.s >>>>Im 20.4 now tho lol eeeeekkkkkkkk :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back