No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hypo 3.3 :(

Was just wondering if my ratios need reducing if not taking on as many carbs?

eg if i ate pasta for tea would defo stick to 1.5:1, as loads carbs and take ages to digest, but if eating little carbs should i drop to 1:1? confused now.

Do you think my insulin peaked before the bounty? help have now ate jely babies, crisps and toast and peanut butter, bounty prob not kicked in yet, will be sky high later 😡

eg if i ate pasta for tea would defo stick to 1.5:1, as loads carbs and take ages to digest, but if eating little carbs should i drop to 1:1? confused now.

Do you think my insulin peaked before the bounty? help have now ate jely babies, crisps and toast and peanut butter, bounty prob not kicked in yet, will be sky high later 😡

Eek .. Hmm I had to reduce how much Insulin I was taking but my ratio stayed at 1;10 , the Bounty defo hasnt kicked in yet , it can take ages for chocolate to kick in ... Ive had a late peak from chocolate buttons over 2 / 3hours later :( Id definately check to see if your ratio has changed . Also I think you will be joining The Correction Club later :( sorry .. I hate hypos

Eek .. Hmm I had to reduce how much Insulin I was taking but my ratio stayed at 1;10 , the Bounty defo hasnt kicked in yet , it can take ages for chocolate to kick in ... Ive had a late peak from chocolate buttons over 2 / 3hours later :( Id definately check to see if your ratio has changed . Also I think you will be joining The Correction Club later :( sorry .. I hate hypos

yep, what i thought, bugger :(

When you say you reduced but ratio stayed the same, what do you mean? Give a little less than your usual ratio because low carbs?? Soo what would you have done for choccy? bolused less as low gi? Give after eating maybe? Was soo good too, never mind:(

I really want some salad, ive got a tuna light lunch but that isnt a very good dinner on it's own 🙄

I like them, very yummy, but only buy them when they are on promotion.

I think that some people experience changes in ratios when they decrease or increase the amount of carbs. Tracey- was all that to treat the hypo? If so I think you will be looking at a high later. Hope it's not too bad though

I think that some people experience changes in ratios when they decrease or increase the amount of carbs. Tracey- was all that to treat the hypo? If so I think you will be looking at a high later. Hope it's not too bad though

I know, over treated but had munchies 😱

Yes I have noticed that my ratios certainly need to be lower with low carb meals than high carb ones, will have to look a little more closely at it. thing is as i bolused for tea i had a feeling it was too much, shoud have gone with instinct, thanks Nikki 🙂

yep, what i thought, bugger :(

When you say you reduced but ratio stayed the same, what do you mean? Give a little less than your usual ratio because low carbs?? Soo what would you have done for choccy? bolused less as low gi? Give after eating maybe? Was soo good too, never mind:(

As I tend to have very small amounts of Carbs per day ( although I think my ratio is still 1;10 ) I only have small Insulin doses per meal , usually only 1 or 2 units . For Chocolate on the other hand I always bolus after I have eaten it , usually half an hour or more and I give the full wack per Carb value as any Carb will zoom me to the teens and beyond 😱

yeah, it's very easy to say 15g carb wait for 15 minutes etc etc, but in reality when the hunger hits it's not easy to stop eating until you feel better.

well just tested, 3 and half hours after tea, one hour fifteen post hypo, 7.8, fingers crossed wont go much higher, defo gave too much insulin me thinks:confused:

As I tend to have very small amounts of Carbs per day ( although I think my ratio is still 1;10 ) I only have small Insulin doses per meal , usually only 1 or 2 units . For Chocolate on the other hand I always bolus after I have eaten it , usually half an hour or more and I give the full wack per Carb value as any Carb will zoom me to the teens and beyond 😱

right, all making sense to me now. All this low carbing is new to me as since diagnosis been shovelling carbs in a plenty!! Like starting anew isnt it?🙄 But i definately think i will stick with it, i feel much better without the spikes all the time, thanks for your advice 🙂

right, all making sense to me now. All this low carbing is new to me as since diagnosis been shovelling carbs in a plenty!! Like starting anew isnt it?🙄 But i definately think i will stick with it, i feel much better without the spikes all the time, thanks for your advice 🙂

No problem , anytime 🙂 It is all trial and error though , I still get days when I misjudge things and zoom up or drop like a stone . I am going back to basics now and starting a fresh , hopefully I can re-educate myself during the process !

Yes they are stupidly expensive! The cheapest place to get them is Sainsbury's for ?1.70-something. I found some lettuce, so had it with salad and it was yummy 🙂

Yes they are stupidly expensive! The cheapest place to get them is Sainsbury's for ?1.70-something. I found some lettuce, so had it with salad and it was yummy 🙂

How many carbs in them? I know you don't get much pasta in them, so not too much I would have thought.

I found that when I originally started eating less carbs my ratios did change slightly and I needed less insulin (not just because I was eating less carb but for each g I needed less to cover it) but I'm not sure what science, if any, there is behind it!

I just had macaroni cheese, weighged it (300g 😱) but stupidly I calculated all that weight for the macaroni and didn't take into account the cheese... Ate just under 2 hours ago and am now 5.9. COnsidering I was 11.8 before that's quite a big drop and 2 hours after food I should be around 10? I want to avoid a hypo but don't want a spike, what should I do/eat?! :confused:

I found that when I originally started eating less carbs my ratios did change slightly and I needed less insulin (not just because I was eating less carb but for each g I needed less to cover it) but I'm not sure what science, if any, there is behind it!

I just had macaroni cheese, weighged it (300g 😱) but stupidly I calculated all that weight for the macaroni and didn't take into account the cheese... Ate just under 2 hours ago and am now 5.9. COnsidering I was 11.8 before that's quite a big drop and 2 hours after food I should be around 10? I want to avoid a hypo but don't want a spike, what should I do/eat?! :confused:

personally I would leave it for now because you may be fine. maybe check again in a little while if you really want to avoid a hypo. You might be on the way up again, so personally I wouldnt eat anything else yet...

I agree with Twin .. dont react to soon Ive done that and ended up high , leave it a while but keep an eye on things

Yes. I'm sure you're right... I'll test again in a bit and see what's going on 😱 Grrrr. I felt so saintly weighing it all and now I'm annoyed that I calculated it all wrong!

Yes. I'm sure you're right... I'll test again in a bit and see what's going on 😱 Grrrr. I felt so saintly weighing it all and now I'm annoyed that I calculated it all wrong!

I never take cheese into consideration, am I supposed to? :confused::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back