No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm be careful Twin !! keep checking your levels then so you dont hit the deck 😱😱

Ooo Twin does your Basal need adjusting? try a Basal check tomorrow

ok will do 🙂

It might need adjusting :confused: I havent been doing any exercise so that's probably why, I will check thanks twin.

How have your levels been since the morning high?

ok will do 🙂

It might need adjusting :confused: I havent been doing any exercise so that's probably why, I will check thanks twin.

How have your levels been since the morning high?

Fives and sixes 😱 Ive not really eaten though , Ive had 2 cheese slices , I'll cook something in a minute though , Im starving 😱

good levels 🙂 buit make sure you eat missy!

Grrrr I spoke too soon 😡 ive just tested and ive got a random 17.5 FFS ARGHHHHHH BA**ARD DIABETES 😱

Hello girlies! I've just read most of what I've missed. Sounds like yesterday wasn't too good for you. Hope you're both better today? I must admit I've been bad recently... No low-carbing and much less testing, although levels haven't been TOO bad. I was determined I would use the holidays to sort my levels out but I've not had time!! Maybe it's time to get back on the wagon... I need some inspiration! 🙂

Are you feeling better AM? And Katie I hope you're not coming down with the swine flu too?!

I've got another 3 weeks of hols but moving house tomorrow, so a low carb diet will possibly be enforced until next payday, hehe...

Finally did it, breakfast bacon and egg, mmmm very good. Well I had time this morning as off work for the week!

Hope you girls and your levels are good. Somehow I fluked good readings over the weekend and at the funeral, despite being called a junkie grrrr! Someone also suggested that I didn't actually have D! What nice people!!

Hello girlies! I've just read most of what I've missed. Sounds like yesterday wasn't too good for you. Hope you're both better today? I must admit I've been bad recently... No low-carbing and much less testing, although levels haven't been TOO bad. I was determined I would use the holidays to sort my levels out but I've not had time!! Maybe it's time to get back on the wagon... I need some inspiration!

Are you feeling better AM? And Katie I hope you're not coming down with the swine flu too?!

I've got another 3 weeks of hols but moving house tomorrow, so a low carb diet will possibly be enforced until next payday, hehe...

Make some mushroom soup with sour cream, mm it's good!

I haven't got ill so not sure why I keep being above 10, grr.

Goodluck with the move, looks like youve been having an awesome lately with all the pics on Facebook that have appeared on my news feed :D

Finally did it, breakfast bacon and egg, mmmm very good. Well I had time this morning as off work for the week!

Hope you girls and your levels are good. Somehow I fluked good readings over the weekend and at the funeral, despite being called a junkie grrrr! Someone also suggested that I didn't actually have D! What nice people!!

What's for lunch Rossi?

Wow yes, nice people 😱 So far ive never been acused of being a junkie 🙄 I'm quite a quiet person, but anyone ever tries to say anything like that they will feel my wrath 😡

Today hasn't been the best day so far lol. I went for my HbA1c and it was 3rd time lucky! and she ended up getting it from my hand, it's a bit sore! And I shed a tear hehe.

Hi Munjeeta ,Twin , you both well today? Hey good luck with the house move Munjeeta I hope it goes well for you 🙂 I really want mushroom soup now Twin !! it sounded so nice ! , I did eat at about 12am in the end , Mmmm Bacon and Eggs 😉 Ok-ish levels today so far 🙄

Hi Munjeeta ,Twin , you both well today? Hey good luck with the house move Munjeeta I hope it goes well for you 🙂 I really want mushroom soup now Twin !! it sounded so nice ! , I did eat at about 12am in the end , Mmmm Bacon and Eggs Ok-ish levels today so far 🙄

Hi AM 🙂

I'm ok, apart from the sore hand from my HbA1c! How are you today? Hope the levels are better.

This is the soup I made:

http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/...com_garyscookbook&Itemid=108&func=detail&id=6

Now I need to think of something to eat tonight, hmm... For lunch I had a chicken kiev with musrooms and salad, 14g of carbs woo 🙂

Hi AM 🙂

I'm ok, apart from the sore hand from my HbA1c! How are you today? Hope the levels are better.

This is the soup I made:

http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/...com_garyscookbook&Itemid=108&func=detail&id=6

Now I need to think of something to eat tonight, hmm... For lunch I had a chicken kiev with musrooms and salad, 14g of carbs woo 🙂

Hmm sounds delicious , Ive not eaten yet , I dont really know what I fancy. I think I will buy the stuff and make your soup tomorrow though. Arghh the dreaded HbA1c eh ? I totally know what you mean , they can never get blood from me and I ended up covered in bruises, Oh Twin !!! I got a call yesterday from the Docs and they want to re-do my HbA1c Noooooo !!! 😱 apparently they "think" there was a problem with all the blood samples or something grrrr I dont want another one :( I'm trying to get out of it tbh , I s'pose it might have gone down with all these hypos in the 1's and 2's Ive had though lol hehehehe

Make some mushroom soup with sour cream, mm it's good!

I haven't got ill so not sure why I keep being above 10, grr.

Goodluck with the move, looks like youve been having an awesome lately with all the pics on Facebook that have appeared on my news feed :D

Today hasn't been the best day so far lol. I went for my HbA1c and it was 3rd time lucky! and she ended up getting it from my hand, it's a bit sore! And I shed a tear hehe.

Oh no... The hand! That's not a good way... Mine is done at my clinic with a finger prick test now, and it's back in a few mins, so much easier! However I did go to have blood taken to check my thyroid a few weeks agoo. And the nurse was draining my arm of blood into little blue tubes he helpfully said, "I'm not sure if I should be using blue tubes or yellow ones, but we'll just keep going till I've got enough of both." Another nurse rang someone to find out while the nurse had switched to yellow tubes, turned it out is WAS blue ones he needed but I nearly fainted while they tried to find out!

Sounds like you're low-carbing well. Just the inspiration I need! I will begin again tomorrow 😛

Fun is what the summer holidays are for... Although, unfortunately the fun 3 weeks are over; the seriousness and preparing for Sept now begins...

God. Really. Some people make me mad. What possesses them to say things like that?! Do they really think it's ok? On what grounds could they possibly suggest you're not a diabetic?! :confused:

Hmm sounds delicious , Ive not eaten yet , I dont really know what I fancy. I think I will buy the stuff and make your soup tomorrow though. Arghh the dreaded HbA1c eh ? I totally know what you mean , they can never get blood from me and I ended up covered in bruises, Oh Twin !!! I got a call yesterday from the Docs and they want to re-do my HbA1c Noooooo !!! apparently they "think" there was a problem with all the blood samples or something grrrr I dont want another one I'm trying to get out of it tbh , I s'pose it might have gone down with all these hypos in the 1's and 2's Ive had though lol hehehehe

Oh no... Not a second lot of trauma! What problems do they think there were?! Soup sounds like a good call 🙂

Im not sure the receptionist was quite vague ( i think its in the job description lol) Something about there being a problem at the lab and tests being mixed up etc I think :( Well I know the 17+ was defo mine .... Hmm unless mine was higher 😱 so its back for another next week :(
Good luck moving house btw , has your boyfriend moved down yet ?

Hmm sounds delicious , Ive not eaten yet , I dont really know what I fancy. I think I will buy the stuff and make your soup tomorrow though. Arghh the dreaded HbA1c eh ? I totally know what you mean , they can never get blood from me and I ended up covered in bruises, Oh Twin !!! I got a call yesterday from the Docs and they want to re-do my HbA1c Noooooo !!! apparently they "think" there was a problem with all the blood samples or something grrrr I dont want another one I'm trying to get out of it tbh , I s'pose it might have gone down with all these hypos in the 1's and 2's Ive had though lol hehehehe

Oh you have the same problem as me then, small veins 🙄 it's really annoying!

Hmm that sounds a bit odd lol, took them ages to realise! Well it might be worth it just because it probably has come down a bit so you'll be happy with the better result. Have they refered you to the hospital yet?

Oh no... The hand! That's not a good way... Mine is done at my clinic with a finger prick test now, and it's back in a few mins, so much easier! However I did go to have blood taken to check my thyroid a few weeks agoo. And the nurse was draining my arm of blood into little blue tubes he helpfully said, "I'm not sure if I should be using blue tubes or yellow ones, but we'll just keep going till I've got enough of both." Another nurse rang someone to find out while the nurse had switched to yellow tubes, turned it out is WAS blue ones he needed but I nearly fainted while they tried to find out!

Sounds like you're low-carbing well. Just the inspiration I need! I will begin again tomorrow

Yeah ive had a few similar experiences to you Jeeta and ive nearly fainted a few times 😱 Only since being admitted to hospital where they tried loooaaads of times and accidentally got a artery at one point 😱 since then ive hated blood tests and I well up a bit usually, the nurse thought she'd made me cry lol, but im just kinda scared of it now. Once they left the strap thing on me for ages and then took the blood! my arm was blue and i felt very ill afterwards.

Yeah low-carbing is somehow going well for me?! hehe. Ive been turning down desserts and everything, it's not like me 😉

Oh you have the same problem as me then, small veins it's really annoying!

Hmm that sounds a bit odd lol, took them ages to realise! Well it might be worth it just because it probably has come down a bit so you'll be happy with the better result. Have they refered you to the hospital yet?

Yes I said the same thing , why has it taken so long to tell me I need it re-done fgs Grrrr 😡 Stupid rubbish doctors surgery. No Im still waiting for my Hospital appointment , I will chase it up next week if I havent heard anything.

Im not sure the receptionist was quite vague ( i think its in the job description lol) Something about there being a problem at the lab and tests being mixed up etc I think Well I know the 17+ was defo mine .... Hmm unless mine was higher so its back for another next week
Good luck moving house btw , has your boyfriend moved down yet ?

It's so annoying when things like that happen. And they happen so much! You'd thing hospitals'd be used to people having blood tests done 😛

Thanks. I've spent all day packing up. Had 2 5's before brekky and lunchtime but then got the chocolate nibbles and ended up at 13... Rubbish! He is moving down tomorrow, we're moving in officially but we have no bed so will end up sleeping at my mum's until we get that sorted! Very excited!

Oh you have the same problem as me then, small veins, it's really annoying!

Yeah ive had a few similar experiences to you Jeeta and ive nearly fainted a few times Only since being admitted to hospital where they tried loooaaads of times and accidentally got a artery at one point, since then ive hated blood tests and I well up a bit usually, the nurse thought she'd made me cry lol, but im just kinda scared of it now. Once they left the strap thing on me for ages and then took the blood! my arm was blue and i felt very ill afterwards.

Yeah low-carbing is somehow going well for me?! hehe. Ive been turning down desserts and everything, it's not like me

When are your clinic appointments then? I have one in a couple of weeks too, we can compare results 😱 Having blood taken is definitely one of the worse sides of diabetes. My veins seem to realise what's happening and disappear.

Wow - turning down desserts, I am impressed! As I said - tomorrow I am back on the low-carb wagon with you!!

When are your clinic appointments then? I have one in a couple of weeks too, we can compare results 😱 Having blood taken is definitely one of the worse sides of diabetes. My veins seem to realise what's happening and disappear.

Wow - turning down desserts, I am impressed! As I said - tomorrow I am back on the low-carb wagon with you!!

lol yeah. I hope my clinic gets one of those funky machines soon! I might have to ask about it 😉

My appoinment is next wednesday, eek, I really hope my HbA1c is lower!

Goodluck with getting back on the wagon. I think the reason im managing it is because im worrying about carbs and worrying less about fats so ive swapped chocolate for cheese and I love cheese 😉 Would quite like some crackers with it but nevermind...

lol yeah. I hope my clinic gets one of those funky machines soon! I might have to ask about it

My appoinment is next wednesday, eek, I really hope my HbA1c is lower!

Goodluck with getting back on the wagon. I think the reason im managing it is because im worrying about carbs and worrying less about fats so ive swapped chocolate for cheese and I love cheese 😉 Would quite like some crackers with it but nevermind...

Haha! Hey, good swap i reckon!

Well good luck for Wed 🙂 Let us know how it goes. It sounds like you've been doing pretty well. I just always worry that it's my hypo readings that are bringing my HbA1c down, not good control :( Mine's next Thurs so v close to yours!

Haha! Hey, good swap i reckon!

Well good luck for Wed 🙂 Let us know how it goes. It sounds like you've been doing pretty well. I just always worry that it's my hypo readings that are bringing my HbA1c down, not good control :( Mine's next Thurs so v close to yours!

Thanks, i will do. Goodluck for thursday! Well ive been doing well at reducing carbs but my levels for the last few days have been rubbish anyway! and i have no idea why:confused: Hopefully it will be lower because of those 5s and 6s I was getting before. We should get people to guess our result 😉

Ooh... Definitely! What was yours last time? 8? In which case, I reckon yours'll be around... 7.7 🙂

umm it was 8.something but I cant remember what, so it could have been a high 8 or a low... haha.

What was yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back