No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you do or I'll be worried about you . you're not stressed are you or worried?

No, I really dont feel stressed about anything at the moment :confused:
I now dont even have traces of ketones *phew* and im down to 12.7 so far...

I havent been lower than 10 for a few days actually, which has been really annoying!! The cauliflower cheese is now in the oven, woo.

i'm really curious about a low carb diet. i know for sure i couldn't do a no-carb, but i would happily look at switching to a low carb diet.

i'm veggie though which makes it difficult (but not impossible). when i get paid i will get a few books i think. i know this would be the kind of thing i would have to do over a long period of time (as in converting to a low carb diet, taking it slowly). because i would want it to be a long term change, i would need to go into it slowly.

i'm just a sucker for carbs, i really am. i crave chocolate every now and again and usually give in (unless i'm about to eat a meal). most of our meals are centered around carbs in one form or another.

Hi shiv, are you completely veggie or do you eat fish? I eat lots of quorn mince, veggie burgers, quorn sausages and the odd bit of fish (which I should eat more of!) I also eat chicken. Cutting down on carbs is surprisingly easy, but if you want to do very low-carbing it will be a bit more difficult being vegetarian.

Last edited:
Here's a Q for you all, veg & salad have carbs, okay low amount, but do you avoid any veggies at all because of their carb content or effect??

i'm totally veggie! for the sake of my health i have thought about forcing myself to eat meat, but i have my own personal reasons not to eat it, and i don't think i could! i can't ever see myself eating meat to be honest...i can't bear the thought of it.

i eat a fair amount of veggie stuff, but we don't have a freezer so it's difficult to buy things that need storing.

Here's a Q for you all, veg & salad have carbs, okay low amount, but do you avoid any veggies at all because of their carb content or effect??

Yes I wont eat Grapefruit or Bananas because of the carb content and a few veggies too

Grapefruit! ?

Can I ask which veggies??

Carrots , beans , Beetroot, peas (rarely eat) , Sweetcorn , Swede . Obv Potatoes ,

there is 23g carbs in a Grapefruit Ross and about 23/26G in a Banana 😱 V's about 10.5g for an Apple lol

I'm now 11.1. Why can't I get below 10?? GRR!

Rossi, I just avoid potatoes really. And really carby fruits like the ones AM mentioned and pineapple etc

I'm now 11.1. Why can't I get below 10?? GRR!

Rossi, I just avoid potatoes really. And really carby fruits like the ones AM mentioned and pineapple etc

I know what you mean , bloody sugar levels 😡😡😡

Carrots , beans , Beetroot, peas (rarely eat) , Sweetcorn , Swede . Obv Potatoes ,

there is 23g carbs in a Grapefruit Ross and about 23/26G in a Banana 😱 V's about 10.5g for an Apple lol

Thanks ladies, just trying to think about low carb a bit at the mo.

Hope all's well.

Rossi

I made something with sweetcorn the other day and was surprised at the amount of carbs in it, was like 65g in a smallish tin.
When I am cutting down on carbs I tend not to reduce any from vegs and fruit, because I don't really eat enough anyway. I also don't bolus for the carbs in veg usually.

Its amazing how many Carbs can hide in something as innocent looking as Sweetcorn 😱😱😱😱

I know what you mean , bloody sugar levels 😡😡😡

After taking another 9 units (3, then 6) in the middle of the night I finally hypoed in the morning at 3.3 and im up to 5.1 lol. So I can start from 5.1 and see how it goes 😉

I made something with sweetcorn the other day and was surprised at the amount of carbs in it, was like 65g in a smallish tin.
When I am cutting down on carbs I tend not to reduce any from vegs and fruit, because I don't really eat enough anyway. I also don't bolus for the carbs in veg usually.

Wow that's a crazy amount of carbs!

Back up to 11.3, I give up :(

Hmmm well if its any consolation the Liver Dump Fairy visited me this morning with a wake up level of 26.9 FFS 😱 That was me in the Correction Facility first thing Grrrrr 😡 5.7 now though Woooo I will not be beaten !!

Hmmm well if its any consolation the Liver Dump Fairy visited me this morning with a wake up level of 26.9 FFS 😱 That was me in the Correction Facility first thing Grrrrr 😡 5.7 now though Woooo I will not be beaten !!

evil isn't it?! 😡

Maybe I need to change my ratio to 3:10g haha. ok I shouldnt evenn joke about it or i'll cry :(

evil isn't it?! 😡

Maybe I need to change my ratio to 3:10g haha. ok I shouldnt evenn joke about it or i'll cry :(

Grrr I might cry with you Twin , my own bloody body hates me !!!! Even my bloody Pancreas f***ed up on me 😡

Tonight I made low-carb mushroom soup for dinner and it was YUMMY!! :D

I'm thinking about taking 20 units just so I can be under 10 later *hopefully*, ok better not take that much, but im going to take more than is needed 🙄

Tonight I made low-carb mushroom soup for dinner and it was YUMMY!! :D

I'm thinking about taking 20 units just so I can be under 10 later *hopefully*, ok better not take that much, but im going to take more than is needed 🙄

Hmm be careful Twin !! keep checking your levels then so you dont hit the deck 😱😱

Ooo Twin does your Basal need adjusting? try a Basal check tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back