No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered a copy of Carb Counting book from Book Depositry. Thanks for the tip.

Good luck with the Carb Counting 🙂 let us know how you get on with it .

Hello Low Carbers we all still alive and kicking ? Munjeeta , Twin where are you ?!?!

Ive had a Prawn salad tonight for tea Mmmm Delicious and very Low Carb too , Chicken tomorrow , with lots of Vegetables :D

Hey twin,

I had a roast chicken dinner minus the roasties :D it's a miricle I gave them up hehe. Ive been high all day though because I forgot to take my lantus when drunk last night (dont tell northe). I think Munjeeta is busy moving in with her boyfriend, hope she comes back sooon 🙂

...Ive been high all day though because I forgot to take my lantus when drunk last night (dont tell northe). ...

Tsk tsk! You're on a warning young lady!😱😉 I once fell asleep in the chair after a night's imbibing and couldn't remember whether I'd taken my lantus. There was nothing written in my book, but when I looked at my pills I had taken them (they have the day of the week printed on the packet), so I assumed I had taken the lantus too - didn't want to risk a double dose!

Hey twin,

I had a roast chicken dinner minus the roasties :D it's a miricle I gave them up hehe. Ive been high all day though because I forgot to take my lantus when drunk last night (dont tell northe). I think Munjeeta is busy moving in with her boyfriend, hope she comes back sooon 🙂

Hiya Twin , he's caught you !!! Hmm well I am totally over the top about my 10pm Levemir ,its ready in my hand at 5 to , but.... on Friday night I totally forgot about it until about 11.30pm 😱 I was chatting and forgot to take it !!! thats the first time EVER ive done that eeeeeek . I agree I hope Munjeeta comes back soon , I miss reading her posts lol , Hmm we need to keep our thread alive Twin , it took me ages to find it lastnight/ this morning . 😱

Hi I have a question as I am considering trying a low carb approach to losing weight however I need support and menus to follow as I cant do it alone so am I safe to either sign up to Tesco ediets low carb plan or Rosemary Conely Low Gi plan? Which is better?

Thanks 🙂

Tsk tsk! You're on a warning young lady! I once fell asleep in the chair after a night's imbibing and couldn't remember whether I'd taken my lantus. There was nothing written in my book, but when I looked at my pills I had taken them (they have the day of the week printed on the packet), so I assumed I had taken the lantus too - didn't want to risk a double dose!

Haha uh oh. Ive done it a few times this year 😱 I'm not usually this bad, I should really be more careful. Usually my levels are fine the next day (maybe the alcohol still doing it's thing?!) but yesterday I was high allll day :(

Hiya Twin , he's caught you !!! Hmm well I am totally over the top about my 10pm Levemir ,its ready in my hand at 5 to , but.... on Friday night I totally forgot about it until about 11.30pm 😱 I was chatting and forgot to take it !!! thats the first time EVER ive done that eeeeeek . I agree I hope Munjeeta comes back soon , I miss reading her posts lol , Hmm we need to keep our thread alive Twin , it took me ages to find it lastnight/ this morning .

Wow you are good with your levemir, I doubt taking it 1.5hrs late will make much difference at all.
Haha I know, our thread has never been lower down the pages, we must keep it alliiiive :D

Hi Ghost hunter. I dont know about those diets and im not an expert on low carbing, so i'll wait for someone with more expertise to answer your questions hehe.

The thread WILL LIVE ON !!! 😱😱😱

My lovely Chicken is in the oven now Mmmmm lots of Veg as well , I cant wait :D

sounds lovely, enjoy.

Ive just had some salad with some tuna and cheese, no carbs again woo 🙂 Usually I fall off the wagon on the weekend but so far so good this weekend hehe.

sounds lovely, enjoy.

Ive just had some salad with some tuna and cheese, no carbs again woo 🙂 Usually I fall off the wagon on the weekend but so far so good this weekend hehe.

Hahaha Ive had Tuna salad twice this week ( I love it ) and Prawn salad lastnight Mmmm So its Chicken today , nearly ready Yummmm 🙂🙂🙂

I bought some prawns so will have them at some point. Tonight i'm making cauliflower cheese, yum!! :D

I bought some prawns so will have them at some point. Tonight i'm making cauliflower cheese, yum!! :D

I love Cauliflower Cheese , its nice with a mixture of Brocolli too Yumm :D

i love brocolli, but dont have any! i'll bear that in mind for next time :D

ok wtf?! help!! i just tested my bloods because i wanted to make sure im back on the straight and narrow after yesterdays highs, but no... i'm 17.7 after hardly any carbs and plenty of insulin, if anything i'd expect to go low. I just checked for ketones and they are moderate 😱 Ive only ever had traces... What's wrong with me!?

Just changed novorapid cartridges just in case it was that, I was at the end of it anyway. Right, I'm going to drink a pint of water now 😱

ok wtf?! help!! i just tested my bloods because i wanted to make sure im back on the straight and narrow after yesterdays highs, but no... i'm 17.7 after hardly any carbs and plenty of insulin, if anything i'd expect to go low. I just checked for ketones and they are moderate 😱 Ive only ever had traces... What's wrong with me!?

Just changed novorapid cartridges just in case it was that, I was at the end of it anyway. Right, I'm going to drink a pint of water now 😱

Hmm dont panic , you said you had a sore throat , that'll be the culprit , plenty of water and a correction . still eat you tea though and insulin with that , you still need to eat.

ive taken 10 units! im drinking the water. I dont have a sore throat though... must be thinking of Sam, twin :D I will have dinner. Hope i'm not coming down with anything, I went out with a friend on friday and the next day he told me his sister has had swine flu, uh oh!

ive taken 10 units! im drinking the water. I dont have a sore throat though... must be thinking of Sam, twin :D I will have dinner. Hope i'm not coming down with anything, I went out with a friend on friday and the next day he told me his sister has had swine flu, uh oh!

Ah Bugger yes it was Sam lastnight Grrr sorry Twin, hmm If you get a massive headache etc get some Tamiflu , try and drink loads though !! let me know you're ok !!

Ah Bugger yes it was Sam lastnight Grrr sorry Twin, hmm If you get a massive headache etc get some Tamiflu , try and drink loads though !! let me know you're ok !!

hehe 🙂 Im on my second pint, i'll check again for ketones in a bit! I dont feel ill at all, so hopefully it isnt that :( I had a bad headache yesterday but im assuming it was a hangover! I will let you know how it goes x

hehe 🙂 Im on my second pint, i'll check again for ketones in a bit! I dont feel ill at all, so hopefully it isnt that :( I had a bad headache yesterday but im assuming it was a hangover! I will let you know how it goes x

Make sure you do or I'll be worried about you . you're not stressed are you or worried?

i'm really curious about a low carb diet. i know for sure i couldn't do a no-carb, but i would happily look at switching to a low carb diet.

i'm veggie though which makes it difficult (but not impossible). when i get paid i will get a few books i think. i know this would be the kind of thing i would have to do over a long period of time (as in converting to a low carb diet, taking it slowly). because i would want it to be a long term change, i would need to go into it slowly.

i'm just a sucker for carbs, i really am. i crave chocolate every now and again and usually give in (unless i'm about to eat a meal). most of our meals are centered around carbs in one form or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back