No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rossi, they have 25.7g of carbs per 2 biscuits with semi-skimmed milk. So if your ratio is 1:10g that's about 2.5 units! ( or 2 or 3). Do you remember how much you took last time?

4!! no wonder I went a bit wobblie woops!

Thanks for setting me right!

You're welcome 🙂

I have to take 6-8 units for it usually, grr not fair!! :D

Woohoo 🙂 Sound like you've had some good levels :D And yes - food and sleep, obviously the recipe! Well done!

Mine have been ok... Hen do over the weekend so didn't test too much, but still not gone any higher than 11 when I have so can't really complain! Did our Lion King performance yesterday and had 3 hypoes: 1 at the interval cos of running around madly and 2 after (one before bed and one at 6 o'clock this morning) probably becaus of relaxing after all the hard work! One and a half days to go till the holidays :D

How are they today peeps?

Jeeeeta!! ehem. I missed this post. How are you? Have you got much planned for the summer holidays?

You did well to not be over 11 during the hen weekend, i'm sure I would have been in the 20s lol. Are they still good?

My levels have been behaving themselves, mostly! I woke up high at 11.1, but then went down to 5.1 before lunch woo. It's been like that for a few days now. I keep waking up a bit high (because I nibble in the evenings! If you can call it nibbling haha) but then during the day my levels are quite good.

Actually thinking about it... I only had a piece of toast last night and I was at 6.7, I took my usual 4 units for a piece of bread so I shouldnt really have woken up high at all. It's really random :(

Jeeeeta!! ehem. I missed this post. How are you? Have you got much planned for the summer holidays?

You did well to not be over 11 during the hen weekend, i'm sure I would have been in the 20s lol. Are they still good?

My levels have been behaving themselves, mostly! I woke up high at 11.1, but then went down to 5.1 before lunch woo. It's been like that for a few days now. I keep waking up a bit high (because I nibble in the evenings! If you can call it nibbling haha) but then during the day my levels are quite good.

Actually thinking about it... I only had a piece of toast last night and I was at 6.7, I took my usual 4 units for a piece of bread so I shouldnt really have woken up high at all. It's really random

Yay - behaving themselves levels - well done 🙂 Night times are definitely the hardest bit (maybe try *shock horror* waking up at 3am?! 😛)

Mine have gone to pot again... Just as I knew they would, having gone from running around madly at school to sitting down on my bum. I bounced yesterday from 5 to 14 to 4 to 14 to 4... Not good! I just need to start from scratch again... Which is a nicely depressing thought!! I have my school regime sorted though nearly, I just need to remember it for Sept, hehe!

No massive plans; I'm off to Northern Ireland for a wedding in a couple of weeks and me and the boyf are moving in together 😱 He's moving down from Manchester which is exciting! How's about you? Are you actually having to find a new job then? You'll need to if you're saving for Australia, how exciting too 🙂

Yay - behaving themselves levels - well done Night times are definitely the hardest bit (maybe try *shock horror* waking up at 3am?! )

Mine have gone to pot again... Just as I knew they would, having gone from running around madly at school to sitting down on my bum. I bounced yesterday from 5 to 14 to 4 to 14 to 4... Not good! I just need to start from scratch again... Which is a nicely depressing thought!! I have my school regime sorted though nearly, I just need to remember it for Sept, hehe!

No massive plans; I'm off to Northern Ireland for a wedding in a couple of weeks and me and the boyf are moving in together 😱 He's moving down from Manchester which is exciting! How's about you? Are you actually having to find a new job then? You'll need to if you're saving for Australia, how exciting too

Yeah somehow they are a lot better than they used to be, I think it's mainly because I test alot more. The problem is with basal testing, I go to bed about 3am most nights and then get up at 7 😱 Which I know is really bad and probably not good for my levels but i'm trying to sort it out!

Have you written your term time ratios down? Hopefully it won't take too long to sort out your holiday ratios. How's it going today? Wow you are such a grown up, moving in with your boyfriend :D that's going to be really cool, getting to see him every day. At the moment we havent lost our jobs (my mum does the day-to-day running of the business). We are getting back in there on wednesday, but I expect it will go into liquidation very soon. Ive got a second job so it isnt the end of the world, but i'm going to have to find another one if I want enough money for Aus! Yeah, I really can't wait to go 🙂

Hello Girls I hope you are both ok . Sorry Ive not been in here for so long 😱 Well even though Ive been sick in bed for a week , after my initial 20+ my levels have all been really good 🙂 My highest yesterday was 5.9 and lowest was 4.3 , I think I have finally cracked my Basal Woooooo!!!!!!

Hello Girls I hope you are both ok . Sorry Ive not been in here for so long 😱 Well even though Ive been sick in bed for a week , after my initial 20+ my levels have all been really good 🙂 My highest yesterday was 5.9 and lowest was 4.3 , I think I have finally cracked my Basal Woooooo!!!!!!

wow thats amazing AM :D Are you completely over the swine flu now?? I'm now jealous of your levels, it's not fair hehe 🙂 Hope you are well x

wow thats amazing AM :D Are you completely over the swine flu now?? I'm now jealous of your levels, it's not fair hehe 🙂 Hope you are well x

Hi Twin , Im over the worst of the oinking , still got the kidney infection though so I'm still dosed up on antibiotics and painkillers :( and even my aches , ache lol . I am alot better though , Im just sooooo tired all the time atm , I can barely stay awake for a few hours Grrr . I am eating but only small amounts which is probably another reason my levels are so good , that and the fact that I seem to finally have cracked my Basal. Hows things with you ?? Australia soon !!!! eeeekkkkk

Hi Twin , Im over the worst of the oinking , still got the kidney infection though so I'm still dosed up on antibiotics and painkillers :( and even my aches , ache lol . I am alot better though , Im just sooooo tired all the time atm , I can barely stay awake for a few hours Grrr . I am eating but only small amounts which is probably another reason my levels are so good , that and the fact that I seem to finally have cracked my Basal. Hows things with you ?? Australia soon !!!! eeeekkkkk

Aww that doesnt sound very nice, i hope it all clears up sooon! At least your are catching up on all that sleep :D How much basal are you taking now? glad you got it sorted out. I'm good thanks. bit worried about having enough money to go to Oz, but i'll get there eventually no matter what. Really cant wait to go now 🙂

Aww that doesnt sound very nice, i hope it all clears up sooon! At least your are catching up on all that sleep :D How much basal are you taking now? glad you got it sorted out. I'm good thanks. bit worried about having enough money to go to Oz, but i'll get there eventually no matter what. Really cant wait to go now 🙂

Ive only upped my nightime dose of Levemir by 2 units ( I split dose ) and it has made a major difference!! I no longer have to jab Bolus without food to try and stay level during the day , if I dont eat I stay low or sometimes drop to hypo barely (3's) so less jabs :D

How long is it till you go now ?? my god this place will not be the same without you !!

Ive only upped my nightime dose of Levemir by 2 units ( I split dose ) and it has made a major difference!! I no longer have to jab Bolus without food to try and stay level during the day , if I dont eat I stay low or sometimes drop to hypo barely (3's) so less jabs :D

How long is it till you go now ?? my god this place will not be the same without you !!

wow only 2 units, thats really good.

aww thanks twin :D I havent got an exact date but it will be end of august/beginning of september! woo! I really should look at flights now so I can get the best deal, oops. Think i'll take a look later.

Last edited:
wow online 2 units, thats really good.

aww thanks twin :D I havent got an exact date but it will be end of august/beginning of september! woo! I really should look at flights now so I can get the best deal, oops. Think i'll take a look later.

I know its amazing the difference 2 units of the magic stuff will make lol , and to top it all I usually workout everyday .... Ive done jack as Ive been stuck in bed since last monday !! so 2 extra units and no bloody exersise and you could have good levels too !! heheheh total fluke ... must be :confused:
We will all miss you so much here when you go though :( you'll have to look in every so often and let us all know that you are ok , sunning yourself on an Aussie beach with some hunk 😉 I think I might come with you lol hehehe

I know its amazing the difference 2 units of the magic stuff will make lol , and to top it all I usually workout everyday .... Ive done jack as Ive been stuck in bed since last monday !! so 2 extra units and no bloody exersise and you could have good levels too !! heheheh total fluke ... must be :confused:
We will all miss you so much here when you go though you'll have to look in every so often and let us all know that you are ok , sunning yourself on an Aussie beach with some hunk I think I might come with you lol hehehe

lol yeah it is quite amazing, I guess because you arent eating much, the levimir can keep you constant even though you are lying down all day.

Aww, don't worry I will come on here whenever i'm in an internet cafe. If im on here too much though i'm probably not having enough fun haha. Hmm me on an australian beach with a hunk? I can dream I suppose, but you never know :D Haha, yeah you should come join me, tell your brother you'll work from Oz 😉

Katie, you leaving Sunny B?? Not enough sun for you, you gotta go down under!!? Well everyone I know who's been down under has had a cracker, so make sure you do to. I went out for a while when working on a boat off North Coast all I saw was a dodgy little hostel and a bar, oh and an Irish bar in Darwin!!

lol yeah it is quite amazing, I guess because you arent eating much, the levimir can keep you constant even though you are lying down all day.

Aww, don't worry I will come on here whenever i'm in an internet cafe. If im on here too much though i'm probably not having enough fun haha. Hmm me on an australian beach with a hunk? I can dream I suppose, but you never know :D Haha, yeah you should come join me, tell your brother you'll work from Oz 😉

Hmmm I wish he'd go for that :( unfortunately he wont . The only reason I'm getting away with being up here and working for him is that my job hasnt officially started yet , when it does he'll work me to an early grave .

Katie, you leaving Sunny B?? Not enough sun for you, you gotta go down under!!? Well everyone I know who's been down under has had a cracker, so make sure you do to. I went out for a while when working on a boat off North Coast all I saw was a dodgy little hostel and a bar, oh and an Irish bar in Darwin!!

haha yep rossi, not enough sun, even in Sunny B :D Yeah my friends out there have been there for nearly a year now and they are loving it, so it should be good 🙂 well 2 bars, what more do you need really?? hehe

Hmmm I wish he'd go for that unfortunately he wont . The only reason I'm getting away with being up here and working for him is that my job hasnt officially started yet , when it does he'll work me to an early grave .

oh noo :( dont let him work you too hard! what kind of business does he do? or is it secret because he's a CPO or something? 😉

haha yep rossi, not enough sun, even in Sunny B Yeah my friends out there have been there for nearly a year now and they are loving it, so it should be good 🙂 well 2 bars, what more do you need really?? hehe

oh noo :( dont let him work you too hard! what kind of business does he do? or is it secret because he's a CPO or something? 😉

Hehehehe Shhhhhh 😉 Well he owns an accounting business , (as a front for his CIA job i think )

Yeah an 'accountant' that's what they all say lol. Well it sounds good, hope he's paying you well!

ive been good today in terms of carbs. My lunch worked out at 10g of carbs (but i was still high at dinner time somehow?!). My dinner was less than 10g woo, shame I had to take a correction dose though :(

Just ordered a copy of Carb Counting book from Book Depositry. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back