No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this morning I checked my blood at 7.20 and I was 10.7. So I took 2 units because I wanted to have a good starting level before I had breakfast. Ive had a sip of coffee and that's it and now an hour later it's 12.1

I give up on diabetes.

Isn't there something about how the liver has a good old dump of glucose for some people in the mornings (forgive the description!). Have you ever thought about a pump, katie?

Isn't there something about how the liver has a good old dump of glucose for some people in the mornings (forgive the description!). Have you ever thought about a pump, katie?

I dont know. God hates me :( (and i'm not even religious)

Haha the pump... well...

This is going to sound awful but as ive probably said (a few times) I haven't had the best year ever and i'm not particularly in a good place or confident at the moment. Having something attached to me like that would make me feel like more of a freak. No offence to others, obviously I don't think people with pumps are freaks! I'm just self-conscious. Obviously I want my control to be as good as possible for the sake of my health, so I would have one in future, but when I'm in a better place and feel better about myself. Urgh Ive gone all emotional hah 😱.

Hope that makes sense!

Haha the pump... well...

This is going to sound awful but as ive probably said (a few times) I haven't had the best year ever and i'm not particularly in a good place or confident at the moment. Having something attached to me like that would make me feel like more of a freak. No offence to others, obviously I don't think people with pumps are freaks! I'm just self-conscious. Obviously I want my control to be as good as possible for the sake of my health, so I would have one in future, but when I'm in a better place and feel better about myself. Urgh Ive gone all emotional hah 😱.

Hope that makes sense!

Makes perfect sense to me Katie. One of my feelings about a pump is that it would make me feel even more 'medicalised' than I already am, after a lifetime of never needing anything. With injections, I can forget about them totally for most of the day, except the few minutes when I'm working out the insulin and taking the injections. So, like you, I'm not sure if I'm mentally prepared yet for something like that. Not that I'd get one, of course! And I know people say you forget it's there, and I'm sure that's true, but I think you've got to be more committed than I am at the moment to the idea, cos you can't just try it for a couple of weeks, realistically.

Makes perfect sense to me Katie. One of my feelings about a pump is that it would make me feel even more 'medicalised' than I already am, after a lifetime of never needing anything. With injections, I can forget about them totally for most of the day, except the few minutes when I'm working out the insulin and taking the injections. So, like you, I'm not sure if I'm mentally prepared yet for something like that. Not that I'd get one, of course! And I know people say you forget it's there, and I'm sure that's true, but I think you've got to be more committed than I am at the moment to the idea, cos you can't just try it for a couple of weeks, realistically.

Yes I am the same. I know I had only been alive 18 years :D But I thought of myself as very fit & healthy and I hardly ever went to the doctors, now I seem to live there 🙄 I'm sure you do forget it's there and it's probably not as bad as I think. Maybe when I get back from australia 🙂 In the mean time I will try to get as good levels as possible with injections!

Haha the pump... well...

Hope that makes sense!

Sorry to hear that Katie,

Hope you sort tings out soon enough,

Northeners right the Liver does dump a load of glucose out in the morning, some more than others.

I'm with both of you mind wouldn't want something attached ever I don't think.

glad to hear your thinking good thoughts about control.

Take care

Rossi

PS Hope it was okay to pop in here.

Thanks 🙂 I will give that a read.

Sorry to hear that Katie,

Hope you sort tings out soon enough,

Northeners right the Liver does dump a load of glucose out in the morning, some more than others.

I'm with both of you mind wouldn't want something attached ever I don't think.

glad to hear your thinking good thoughts about control.

Take care
Rossi

PS Hope it was okay to pop in here.

Thanks rossi, i'm trying :D
So you wouldn't want a pump ever? even if your control was really bad?

You are welcome in here anytime hehe.

Thanks 🙂 I will give that a read.

Thanks rossi, i'm trying :D
So you wouldn't want a pump ever? even if your control was really bad?

You are welcome in here anytime hehe.

ta,

I don' t think I would, but I guess if my control went down the pan I would reconsider!

It's plumbed into you I assume, so with work I'm on my feet climbing around sometimes, recently I climbed through a window and the pouch I had on my belt got ripped off! So if that was something plumbed into me, hmm probably not good!!

So are you considering getting one Katie??

I know an american T2 who had good control for years, then took a nosedive so that his A1cs went from the 5s to the 8s. He suspects his betas started giving out.

He went onto a pump and has since had a1cs consistently ranging between 4.9 and 5.2

I know what you mean about having it ripped off tho Rossi. I think that would be my main concern, but results like the above give food for thought.

I know an american T2 who had good control for years, then took a nosedive so that his A1cs went from the 5s to the 8s. He suspects his betas started giving out.

He went onto a pump and has since had a1cs consistently ranging between 4.9 and 5.2

I know what you mean about having it ripped off tho Rossi. I think that would be my main concern, but results like the above give food for thought.

Definately food fot thought, never say no! but control although isn't as good as your mate, ain't bad actually I'm not sure what my last A1c was? only had it taken twice, and they were soon after diagnosis so not bad but not great. I'll see what my numbers are in December!

Im with Twin (Katie) on this one , no offence to all you pumpers , but its not for me !! I just dont like the idea of being attatched to something all the time :( Even if the alternative is 20 injections a day , which although I hate needles does'nt actually bother me .... weird I know :D

hehe i hate other needles, but my needles are fine 😉
For now I would rather do as many injections as needed too.

Hmm where has munjeeta been? bet she's been eating loads of carbs so is avoiding the thread 😉

hehe i hate other needles, but my needles are fine 😉
For now I would rather do as many injections as needed too.

Hmm where has munjeeta been? bet she's been eating loads of carbs so is avoiding the thread 😉

Hmm good point twin , where is she ? deflected to Carboholics Anonymous ?

Munjeeta !! come back we will forgive you your Carb sins 😉

yeah, as long as you forgive my sins!

I ate soo many carbs!

Ok , lets all confess our sins now ....... Ummmm me first , well I forgot to eat yesterday and only had a biscuit ( to treat a hypo ) and a banana at about Midnight ... carbs and sugar 😱😱

And a fewwwwww Vodkas 😱

eeew AM that's not good, dont forget the "eat some food" part of your list lol.

I had some tiger bread, a rolo yogurt, a cookie, lots of orange juice eek that did no good for my levels.

I probably had more but i cant think, I just ate crap!

eeew AM that's not good, dont forget the "eat some food" part of your list lol.

I had some tiger bread, a rolo yogurt, a cookie, lots of orange juice eek that did no good for my levels.

I probably had more but i cant think, I just ate crap!

Oh well I think we all get those lets eat crap days :D even me and I hardly eat lol , Its always Carbs you crave though hmmm , Why ?? Well I'm making a concious effort to eat today and have just roasted a chicken 🙂

Oh well I think we all get those lets eat crap days :D even me and I hardly eat lol , Its always Carbs you crave though hmmm , Why ?? Well I'm making a concious effort to eat today and have just roasted a chicken 🙂

Mmmm, roast chicken is my favourite!! Can I come round for tea?? :D

Mmmm, roast chicken is my favourite!! Can I come round for tea?? :D

Ha yeah Twin , we will have to share it with the dog though lol :D and no potatoes ok 😱

A.M. - your not really keeping to the rules you set out are you? How on earth can you 'forget' to eat? Hunger pangs would have kicked in surely?
I am very concerned about your health A.M. - i think your starving yourself.
Please go to see your doctor asap - and demand to be referred to a diabetic team!
It is little wonder your levels are erratic A.M. I seriously hope you dont get an illness - even a cold could possibly put you into hospital at this rate. Its just playing russian rulette with your health.
I am not trying to upset you - but i think you would benefit from speaking to someone about these issues as your doing yourself possibly long term harm.
If you were mine - i would be extremely worried about you. Please start to eat - you need food to stay alive!😱Bev xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back