My Poorly Leg

Fingers crossed. Let us know how you get on

Fingers crossed. Let us know how you get on

Patient Transport finally turned up an hour after my appointment time but as it is not an all day clinic I could not be seen. Now I have an even earlier appointment next week as consultant wants to discuss MRI. Also have urgent podiatry appointment tomorrow. Just hope Transport turn up in timely manner. Taxi not really an option as return journey y for podiatry is £100 and for hospital £150 - that's nearly 25% of my pension! :(

Patient Transport finally turned up an hour after my appointment time but as it is not an all day clinic I could not be seen. Now I have an even earlier appointment next week as consultant wants to discuss MRI. Also have urgent podiatry appointment tomorrow. Just hope Transport turn up in timely manner. Taxi not really an option as return journey y for podiatry is £100 and for hospital £150 - that's nearly 25% of my pension! :(
Nightmare!
Understand completely on the transport issue. Patient Transport is a complete nightmare. My Grandma broke her leg in May and it is still not healed, the amount of missed appointments she has had is sadly similar. We couldn't get her into a car or taxi on our own, she is tricky to move and the wait on her appointments after the missed 'urgent' appointment has dragged on for months. She is currently in hospital, after another operation on the leg, so she can get seen now there for most things but she has waited from August to Feb for this 'urgent' operation, impacted by the transport issue, they couldn't confirm if the operation was needed without the appointments she couldn't get to. Its a farce. Even getting to the appointment is a mission.
Everything crossed for next week.

Nightmare!
Understand completely on the transport issue. Patient Transport is a complete nightmare. My Grandma broke her leg in May and it is still not healed, the amount of missed appointments she has had is sadly similar. We couldn't get her into a car or taxi on our own, she is tricky to move and the wait on her appointments after the missed 'urgent' appointment has dragged on for months. She is currently in hospital, after another operation on the leg, so she can get seen now there for most things but she has waited from August to Feb for this 'urgent' operation, impacted by the transport issue, they couldn't confirm if the operation was needed without the appointments she couldn't get to. Its a farce. Even getting to the appointment is a mission.
Everything crossed for next week.

East if England were put into special measures in 2020. They are now out of them but the service is worse. Complaint is a waste of time.vOn one occasion they took me to a nonexistent clinic despite me having the details on me. In fact on the return journey we drove past the clinic but the crew would not drop me off as they had "a duty of care". Moronic as the clinic staff are more highly trained. In response to a complaint I was told the person who booked the transport was to blame!

East if England were put into special measures in 2020. They are now out of them but the service is worse. Complaint is a waste of time.vOn one occasion they took me to a nonexistent clinic despite me having the details on me. In fact on the return journey we drove past the clinic but the crew would not drop me off as they had "a duty of care". Moronic as the clinic staff are more highly trained. In response to a complaint I was told the person who booked the transport was to blame!
She’s in Manchester so I’m not sure if it’s them or Warrington doing in the transport.

I do know since we moved into Tameside nhs it’s amazing service compared to Warrington and I won’t move even though we should now fall under Derbyshire. MyDSN asked if I wanted to stay under them.

Complaints go into a blackhole. It’s so bad

It
She’s in Manchester so I’m not sure if it’s them or Warrington doing in the transport.

I do know since we moved into Tameside nhs it’s amazing service compared to Warrington and I won’t move even though we should now fall under Derbyshire. MyDSN asked if I wanted to stay under them.

Complaints go into a blackhole. It’s so bad

It's only just come back to me this morning. When I was waiting in podiatry a few months ago someone suggested rebranding to East of Nowhere Ambulance Service! :rofl:

I hadn't realised I had not posted for so long. It has been dragging on for a year now and I am getting really peeved by it. As mentioned in other posts the Co-trimoxazole was stopped after increasingly severe side effects (probably the cause of my fall), and I am now on Doxycycline and Ciprofloxacin. Whilst it looks l drier more wounds have opened up particularly between the toes. I am sure an intermediate change of dressing would be good but the district nurses seem unfamiliar with diabetic arterial ulcers and more used to venous ulcers. Venous ulcers are treated with compression dressings and absolute no-no for arterial ones!

PXL_20240326_104413659~2.jpg

Might be the photo but looks a million tomes better than before. Pinker and doesn't seem as deep. Possibly sorer but thanks for showing it to us. Wish you better. Perhaps mention this at the hospital they may write or phone DN to improve your quality of care. All the best hope it keeps improving.

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. It is awful for you. Hope things continue to improve.

Patient transport is a nightmare. It was when I worked in the NHS and I have been retired 6 years so can only imagine what it must be like now. I know even when I was there the criteria was very strict.

Really sorry to see you are not making any progress with it Mikey. It was doing so much better when you were looking after it yourself between appointments. Is that no longer possible? I agree that it needs more regular attention be that from you or medical professionals. Sending (((HUGS))) You must be so weary of the worry and frustration over your treatment and just the stress of whether you will make it to each appointment in time or not! It doesn't help I know but I really sympathise!

I wish i could say something thats worth saying . Feel for you .

Seemed much the same today but think the fact it is nine days since last dressing change makes effect of moisture worse. I just wish it would start healing. With side of toe and top of big toe there are now seven macerated wounds. I just wish Dr Plonker had not cancelled the bypass behind the knee all those years ago and the further angioplasty to the left!

PXL_20240424_110401413.jpg

Definitely not seeing any progress that is for sure and nowhere near as good as it was last summer when you were able to look after it more yourself. It clearly needs more regular treatment than you are getting.

Sending (((HUGS))). You must be sooo frustrated as well as obviously worried!

Definitely not seeing any progress that is for sure and nowhere near as good as it was last summer when you were able to look after it more yourself. It clearly needs more regular treatment than you are getting.

Sending (((HUGS))). You must be sooo frustrated as well as obviously worried!

Thank you Barbara. At times it is more terrified than worried!

MikeyBikey - what caused all this? Is it the diabetes or is it additional medical issues?

Regarding patient transport - could you claim for any of it? I know someone who clocked up £600 worth of taxi fares going to radiotherapy treatment regularly. My friend, who used to work for the Citizens Advice, said she could put in a claim for "excessive expenditure." Not sure of rules but just a thought.

Back in the Foot Clinic today. Patient Transport arrived two hours before appointment and I was seen an hour early! The situation is stable. I am suffering increasing pain and was told is is neuropathic pain and Gabapentin is good for it. I said I am on Gabapentin already for phantom pain and therefore I can conclude it is no good for neuropathic pain either! :(

Can't seem to attach a picture:(

PXL_20240501_090558084.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Back