My Poorly Leg

Despite being very, very late I was seen. Currently bar the wounds on the sides of toes 2 and 4 I was told the rest are now superficial. I am not surprised it is those two as they are the ones where I get unpleasant neuropathic pain. Two hour wait to come back afterwards so over five hours gone...
A long day. So good n bad news. Lets hope 2 and 4 improve as the rest has. Take care in the heat if its hot where you are.

I hope the fact that they are downgrading the rest of the foot to "superficial" doesn't mean there may be a downgrading of treatment level too.
Really pleased that they see enough improvement to downgrade but really concerned that without regular treatment it will get worse again.

I hope the fact that they are downgrading the rest of the foot to "superficial" doesn't mean there may be a downgrading of treatment level too.
Really pleased that they see enough improvement to downgrade but really concerned that without regular treatment it will get worse again.

I will still be on weekly dressing changes so not really downgraded.

Well today it looked slightly worse! I am not sure as, yet again, last weeks podiatrist did not use silver dressings or the heat. I say "heat" as I have also developed a water blister at the front of the leg just above the ankle. I was not aware of it until today as it was covered by the top of the dressing. I wish there was a plan as the type of dressing seems dependent on the podiatrist which is quite random as they work in different locations on a random rota. Personally I wish I could see the same podiatrist (my preferred one) every week for consistency. The dressings make my foot look like a Rack of Lamb!

PXL_20240806_102453128.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20240806_102747125~2.jpg

Really disappointed and frustrated for you that you have taken a step backwards again Mikey. The lack of consistency with treatment is without doubt a major factor in this not healing. It is costing the NHS time and money as well as you a lot of worry and discomfort and risk and time. Can you not tell them which dressings you are seeing as most effective and that you would like to continue with those.

Really disappointed and frustrated for you that you have taken a step backwards again Mikey. The lack of consistency with treatment is without doubt a major factor in this not healing. It is costing the NHS time and money as well as you a lot of worry and discomfort and risk and time. Can you not tell them which dressings you are seeing as most effective and that you would like to continue with those.

As we talked about them last week I was surprised they were not used and only found out today when the outer dressing came off and everything was soggier (lymph fluid) than usual. :(

It seems like one of those 'fight tooth and nail' situations, where you'll have to be firm on what needs to be used, as you've seen already which dressings helped you heal best. It can be disheartening to have to repeat yourself over and over again, especially with several different podiatrists and since it's been going on for so long, but please keep fighting. I'm so sorry this is happening Mikey...

@MikeyBikey I think that there are a couple of places looking dryer and your nails are beginning to look a bit better - hopefully it isn't wishful thinking, but I found that when I've has problems in the past - only minor by comparison, but so memorably painful - an indication of things getting better was my nails starting to grow.

Like Friday when I was well late for Opthalmology I was late for today's Foot Clinic. I was seen straight away as a patient due 15 minutes earlier had not arrived. Things remain pretty stable. The wounds on the top and side of the foot are improving but those on the sides of toes 2 and 4 are static. They are the deepest in an area of little flesh.

PXL_20240828_101017663~2.jpg

PXL_20240828_101022133~2.jpg

Dressing change tomorrow but I am not overly happy. I am about to change the outer dressing again as it has seeped much more than usual. In fact I am wondering if last week's podiatrist did their own thing again?! :( The wounds are also more uncomfortable than usual (probably as absolutely wet).

PXL_20240902_172624301.jpg

There wasn't much change last week although it was very wet. When I queried the dressings I did not get a straight answer. The problem there is too much of an attitude of protecting each other when constructive criticism of/to colleagues might be beneficial to one and all. About a month ago the podiatrist asked who did this? When I said I was told they were very experienced! So why was the duty podiatrist not overly happy?

Back tomorrow so silly o'clock start as Limb Fitting early doors Tuesday

Back