London Meet - Saturday 21st November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ack! Shame! Why do they put it on their list then?🙄

i think they do some trips because ive used the megabus before, but obviously not as many as from southampton - there were no buses/trains from bmouth that day :confused:

IM SO EXCITED!!! - just thought id add that in :D

national express do from bournemouth uni to london victoria , but the times are very specific and it takes 3 hrs 55mins

is anyone gonna be travelling as far as i will be ? i am just very wary travelling all on my own with a small child

No, sorry, Steff, it's just a bus and tube ride for me. But honestly, I'm sure you'll be fine, London's not as dangerous as you are led to believe.......

Mind you, it's only experience that's brought me to this 'comfortable place' whilst travelling in London - I used to be a nervous wreck getting on the tubes at night, leaving my mobile phone at home and clutching my handbag so tight to me, I was so sure I would be mugged !! Daft mare, lol.

xx

im terrified! ive been to bristol on the train but my brother met me at the other end :D

when i go to london I always have a friend with me who knows what they are doing 😱 :D

im terrified! ive been to bristol on the train but my brother met me at the other end :D

when i go to london I always have a friend with me who knows what they are doing 😱 :D

We could always meet at a train station instead of the museum so you dont have to walk any where alone?

Do you know what station/time youre coming in?

In 23 years living in South London I only had trouble once... Right outside the front door of Brixton Police Station! Someone grabbed my bag and ran off, he didn't have much luck though because my purse, keys and phone were in my coat pocket. Some kind soul handed the bag in while I was still reporting the loss but I had to wait till the next day to get it back. The police mills grind exceeding slow. Plod was very kind and gave me a lift home, wouldn't put the sirens on though.😉

That was the first time I had any dealings with plod. The second time was a month ago when they broke down the door to my ex-flat and saved my life. Quite enough excitement for one lifetime.

I shouldn't worry. Maybe you can arrange with some of the others to rendevous at Victoria and head for the venue en masse?

national express do from bournemouth uni to london victoria , but the times are very specific and it takes 3 hrs 55mins

is anyone gonna be travelling as far as i will be ? i am just very wary travelling all on my own with a small child

Does that mean you're coming?? 🙂

We could always meet at a train station instead of the museum so you dont have to walk any where alone?

Do you know what station/time youre coming in?

i will probably be able to force myself to do it alone :D I Have to get a plane alone to Australia soon 😱

I dont know about the time yet, but it will be Waterloo station.

i will probably be able to force myself to do it alone :D I Have to get a plane alone to Australia soon 😱

I dont know about the time yet, but it will be Waterloo station.

Katie, if you're booking that megatrain at 9:55 then we could meet in Southampton and travel together! Maybe Sam will be on it too!🙂

Katie, if you're booking that megatrain at 9:55 then we could meet in Southampton and travel together! Maybe Sam will be on it too!🙂

that would be great, thank northe. yeah think I will book it tomorrow 🙂 Sam, are you coming??

Looks like i'm saved thanks viki :D

Haven't checked the prices yet but it might be worth me coming down to Southampton to meet up with you lot and get the megatrain.
Watch this space!

whats the record for the number of diabetics on one train! My train comes into marylebone so i can meet up anyone comming in that way...

Haven't checked the prices yet but it might be worth me coming down to Southampton to meet up with you lot and get the megatrain.
Watch this space!

Go for it Chris! I have just booked the following journey:

Sat 21 November 2009
Southampton Central to London Waterloo
09:55 Depart Southampton Central
11:34 Arrive London Waterloo

London Waterloo to Southampton Central
18:39 Depart London Waterloo
20:17 Arrive Southampton Central

Total cost...?2.50! That's less than a pint of Ringwood Best in the Duke of Wellington!😱

so it looks like it will be a 12noon meet....oh goody a lie in ...come on it is a Saturday!😱

Bah, so jealous of these quick, cheap journeys! Trying to choose between the cheap option of the bus, only ?10 but takes 3hr 25 each way, or the train, quicker (2hr 5) and more convenient for the British Museum but ?40+, hmmmmm

So it looks like we've got a 12ish - 6ish meet....? Sounds perfect for some museum AND some pub time!

Bah, so jealous of these quick, cheap journeys! Trying to choose between the cheap option of the bus, only ?10 but takes 3hr 25 each way, or the train, quicker (2hr 5) and more convenient for the British Museum but ?40+, hmmmmm

So it looks like we've got a 12ish - 6ish meet....? Sounds perfect for some museum AND some pub time!

I'm astonished and wondering what the catch is...! This was the earliest train I had available, but nothing to stop those who live closer from meeting earlier!🙂 When we met in Southampton it was for about 6-7 hours and felt about right, although I think Sam and Katie should stick to ladies glasses in future...:D

Go for it Chris! I have just booked the following journey:

Sat 21 November 2009
Southampton Central to London Waterloo
09:55 Depart Southampton Central
11:34 Arrive London Waterloo

London Waterloo to Southampton Central
18:39 Depart London Waterloo
20:17 Arrive Southampton Central

Total cost...?2.50! That's less than a pint of Ringwood Best in the Duke of Wellington!😱

?2.50??? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! Where did you book it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back