London Meet - Saturday 21st November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for me, but then I have the least distance to cover. I dont know what time peak travel ends?

Peak times shouldn't be an issue as it's the weekend. 1030 sound like a reasonable time, early enough so people who can't stay late should get to be there for a reasonable amount of time.

I don't really know that area well, does anyone know of a good place nearby for refreshments after the museum?

I think i went once on a school trip! Clearly wasnt paying attention 😛

Is 10.30 too early to meet? i dont know how long itll take people and dont want you up at dawn!!

i think 10.30 might be early for those travelling in...it is saturday...hows about 12-1pm...or am i just lazy....?:D

i think 10.30 might be early for those travelling in...it is saturday...hows about 12-1pm...or am i just lazy....?:D

According to the trainline it is around 1hr 20min from Southampton to Waterloo, will then need additional time to get to the venue. You could arrange for 10:30, but make sure that there was someone at the meeting point until later. Those that get there earlier can have a chinwag whilst waiting for the others to arrive. Ticket price from Southampton appears to be ?34.40 for a 'Super Off-peak day return travelcard', includes tube. Unless, of course, Tez knows a cheaper one!:D

...good grief! I've just looked at Greyhound buses - it's ?2!!!!😱 Takes 2 hours (in theory!)

...just looked again and it's more like ?8 - ?16 return to travel at a decent time...

Last edited:
According to the trainline it is around 1hr 20min from Southampton to Waterloo, will then need additional time to get to the venue. You could arrange for 10:30, but make sure that there was someone at the meeting point until later. Those that get there earlier can have a chinwag whilst waiting for the others to arrive. Ticket price from Southampton appears to be ?34.40 for a 'Super Off-peak day return travelcard', includes tube. Unless, of course, Tez knows a cheaper one!:D

...good grief! I've just looked at Greyhound buses - it's ?2!!!!😱 Takes 2 hours (in theory!)

...just looked again and it's more like ?8 - ?16 return to travel at a decent time...

well done northerner 'get people on the case for the travel offers' i'm willing to help research if people want/havent time...for me unfortunately it will take 25mins to marylebone then 10 mins to british museum.....yea i know im just lazy...how are we going to know who to meet...are you going to make a banner ??? or do we all wear red roses...or maybe blue ribbons as its the D symbol.....

Peak times shouldn't be an issue as it's the weekend. 1030 sound like a reasonable time, early enough so people who can't stay late should get to be there for a reasonable amount of time.

I don't really know that area well, does anyone know of a good place nearby for refreshments after the museum?

If I remember correctly theres a nice looking pub opposite the museum. Never been in, but looks nice!!!!

Northe, those buses are well cheap. Might have to look into that but dont really fancy getting up at the crack of dawn!

well done northerner 'get people on the case for the travel offers' i'm willing to help research if people want/havent time...for me unfortunately it will take 25mins to marylebone then 10 mins to british museum.....yea i know im just lazy...how are we going to know who to meet...are you going to make a banner ??? or do we all wear red roses...or maybe blue ribbons as its the D symbol.....

Maybe we should all wear something pink in the spirit of the forum's birthday. Im sure Tom and Northener will love that :D

...Northe, those buses are well cheap. Might have to look into that but dont really fancy getting up at the crack of dawn!

There's one at 7:10 that gets in at 9:30, but the next one is 9:10 and gets in at 11:30. Or you could pay ?1 and leave at 5:10!😱

hope im still here for it.

if everyone eants someone to travel with... ive never been to london alone!! :D

who is going? I will be working but will try to get cover. don't know how much the train from stoke will be.

21st looks good for me so another one from the Southern chapter.
Might even bring family if they fancy it and if it's okay with everyone else of course.
After Southampton we might need a responsible grown up with us! :D

21st looks good for me so another one from the Southern chapter.
Might even bring family if they fancy it and if it's okay with everyone else of course.
After Southampton we might need a responsible grown up with us! :D

Where are we going to find one of them around here?😱:D Glad to hear you can make it Chris!🙂

Gah, engineering works on the trains that weekend, I'll still find a way tto get there though!

What time are we going to settle on then? Somewhere in the middle of the suggestions, 11/1130? Could give us a few museum hours then retire to a pub for lunch or drinks later....?

How did you Southampton people identify each other?

Gah, engineering works on the trains that weekend, I'll still find a way tto get there though!

What time are we going to settle on then? Somewhere in the middle of the suggestions, 11/1130? Could give us a few museum hours then retire to a pub for lunch or drinks later....?

How did you Southampton people identify each other?

I sent the confirmed attendees a picture of what I would be wearing and a very specific picture of the place I would waiting. I'd already met tez and Sam, so it was just a case of Katie and Chris coming up to us and claiming their ?5 (does anyone remember that?:D)

I sent the confirmed attendees a picture of what I would be wearing and a very specific picture of the place I would waiting. I'd already met tez and Sam, so it was just a case of Katie and Chris coming up to us and claiming their ?5 (does anyone remember that?:D)

no... ?5?! what?! lol

Woop Wooo wooo

I think the boozer opposite is called the museum tavern, but could be wrong.

I will pen it in and see you there I hope, maybe have a few meeting times, 10:30, 12:30 etc, The tottenham isn't far, and it's a nice boozer, although a bit small if there are lots of us, probably best to head up tottenham court road and to the right, more nice pubs that way from what I recall, but whatever is cool with me.

Urmm I won't be wearing pink that day sorry it just doesn't go with my eyes!

Steff - you sure you dont want to come down for a little holiday? 😛

no... ?5?! what?! lol

Probably before you were born Katie! Back in the '70s a newspaper (either The Sun or the Daily Mirror) used to have a guy touring the seaside holiday spots. If you saw him you had to walk up to him and say, 'You are Stan (or whatever it was) and I claim my ?5!' If it was him, he'd give you a fiver! Twas a lot of money in those days!:D

...I found this - apparently it goes back to 1927!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobby_Lud

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back