London Meet - Saturday 21st November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woop Wooo wooo

I think the boozer opposite is called the museum tavern, but could be wrong.

I will pen it in and see you there I hope, maybe have a few meeting times, 10:30, 12:30 etc, The tottenham isn't far, and it's a nice boozer, although a bit small if there are lots of us, probably best to head up tottenham court road and to the right, more nice pubs that way from what I recall, but whatever is cool with me.

Urmm I won't be wearing pink that day sorry it just doesn't go with my eyes!

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to have meeting times on the hour from 10:30 - someone could then pop along and see if anyone else has turned up.

I won't be wearing pink either, I'd be too afraid about who might approach me in the Big City!😱

Probably before you were born Katie! Back in the '70s a newspaper (either The Sun or the Daily Mirror) used to have a guy touring the seaside holiday spots. If you saw him you had to walk up to him and say, 'You are Stan (or whatever it was) and I claim my ?5!' If it was him, he'd give you a fiver! Twas a lot of money in those days!:D

...I found this - apparently it goes back to 1927!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobby_Lud

I think the modern alternative is the guy from radio1, you have to go up to him and say something an I think you get money or some sort of prize?! :D

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to have meeting times on the hour from 10:30 - someone could then pop along and see if anyone else has turned up.

I won't be wearing pink either, I'd be too afraid about who might approach me in the Big City!😱

that would be a great idea 🙂

I should be able to make this. 🙂 It'll be really cool to meet everyone - I'm really looking forward to it! :D

I'll be there too although not sure what time at the moment. Am looking forward to meeting everyone!

According to the trainline it is around 1hr 20min from Southampton to Waterloo, will then need additional time to get to the venue. You could arrange for 10:30, but make sure that there was someone at the meeting point until later. Those that get there earlier can have a chinwag whilst waiting for the others to arrive. Ticket price from Southampton appears to be ?34.40 for a 'Super Off-peak day return travelcard', includes tube. Unless, of course, Tez knows a cheaper one!:D

...good grief! I've just looked at Greyhound buses - it's ?2!!!!😱 Takes 2 hours (in theory!)

...just looked again and it's more like ?8 - ?16 return to travel at a decent time...

Hi Northener,

I wouldnt bother with the travelcard. I dont know how well you know the area but you can get a 59 bus up to Russel square and its near there. Bargain at ?1. I shall also be getting the 59 (not that you know what I look like!) but its easy to do. 59 from the stop when you come out the IMAX exit of waterloo station.

Dont you have a Network Card? You philistine! Get a third off?!

Watch out for SWT and their infamous engineering at the weekends. I got stranded in Andover the other week and it was bus replacement to basingstoke. Stranded? ....it was bad enough growing up there 😉

Steff, I have a sofa bed if you wanna come down and go back the next day?!

Hi Northener,

I wouldnt bother with the travelcard. I dont know how well you know the area but you can get a 59 bus up to Russel square and its near there. Bargain at ?1. I shall also be getting the 59 (not that you know what I look like!) but its easy to do. 59 from the stop when you come out the IMAX exit of waterloo station.

Watch out for SWT and their infamous engineering at the weekends. I got stranded in Andover the other week and it was bus replacement to basingstoke. Stranded? ....it was bad enough growing up there 😉

id have my son with me as well though

Dinna furget the Brylcream fur yer comb ower son. Ye'd nae want tae appear in front o aw they Sassenachs less than perfect noo wid ye? Did ye get thon kebab sauce stains oot yer string vest yet?

Hi Northener,

I'll probably be getting the Greyhound bus to Victoria, cos it's ?25 cheaper than the train and I don't have much money - which answers your other question, I can't afford to travel enough to make it worth getting a network card!😱

northe, do u have a link to the greyhound bus website? im going to need a very cheap way of travelling if im going to come!

northe, do u have a link to the greyhound bus website? im going to need a very cheap way of travelling if im going to come!

They only go from Southampton and Portsmouth at the moment. You can get pretty cheap deals from National Express which probably go from Bournemouth (woo), but their journey times are generally longer as the pick up and drop off along the journey (Winchester, Heathrow).

http://www.greyhounduk.com/

They only go from Southampton and Portsmouth at the moment. You can get pretty cheap deals from National Express which probably go from Bournemouth (woo), but their journey times are generally longer as the pick up and drop off along the journey (Winchester, Heathrow).

http://www.greyhounduk.com/

thanks! i'll check out the megabus and megatrain too 😉

woah northe, the megatrain goes from soton to waterloo for ?1 each way and a 50p booking fee 😱

Wow! How can they do it at these prices? It cost me ?2 jusat to go into Southampton today - and that's where I live!😱

Looks like the 09:55 is the earliest available (from Southampton), getting to Waterloo for 11:35. The return trains are good though - plenty of choice available. I will probably aim to book the 18:55 return. Waddya think?:confused:

Wow! How can they do it at these prices? It cost me ?2 jusat to go into Southampton today - and that's where I live!😱

Looks like the 09:55 is the earliest available (from Southampton), getting to Waterloo for 11:35. The return trains are good though - plenty of choice available. I will probably aim to book the 18:55 return. Waddya think?:confused:

Yeah that's the kind of time I was thinking. It wouldnt matter if you couldnt make it last minute at these prices 😱 I might even book mine tomorrow.

I think they just do them at times of day that are usually not as busy, so they fill in any spaces. not sure?!

Yeah that's the kind of time I was thinking. It wouldnt matter if you couldnt make it last minute at these prices 😱 I might even book mine tomorrow.

I think they just do them at times of day that are usually not as busy, so they fill in any spaces. not sure?!

Yes, I think I will book mine tomorrow, then it's sorted!🙂

they dont seem to do any from bournemouth so i'll have to get the train to southampton - only about another ?8 though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back