London Meet - Saturday 21st November

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so too!

I such a bus girl-but if you want remember you can walk a little down the strand and hope on the 59 anyway! Its actually not far from there is it.

Yes- I saw your news just now on facebook and left you a comment!!!! Lots of congratulations!!!!

Hope to see you on the 21st

Lou x

If you come out the front of Charing Cross and cross the road (Strand) to the stops opposite you can get the 59 or the 91 to Russell Square. The stop is by the HSBC Bank I think.

Thanks guys...this forum is great 😱)

Im getting the accu-check combo...the one with the remote? I applied for it about 7 weeks ago so have done really well, will have it within 4 months of applying :0)

Thanks Lou, will let you know when I know if I'm working....

Does anyone else have the accu-check combo? x

Thanks!! If I am working or not working I will get the train into Charing Cross so I guess I would prob need to get the tube from there...thanks neway tho..and If I'm working I will have to make my way back from Camden...I really hope I'm not working!!

I have news today.....I'm getting my pump fitted on the 17th December :D

great news my birthday as well so shant forget :D:D

Thanks!! If I am working or not working I will get the train into Charing Cross so I guess I would prob need to get the tube from there...thanks neway tho..and If I'm working I will have to make my way back from Camden...I really hope I'm not working!!

I have news today.....I'm getting my pump fitted on the 17th December :D

If you are going from camden town tube it's 8minutes on the northern line to tottenham court road which looks to be the nearest stop to the museum. From charing cross 3 minutes on the northern line to tottenham court road. So looks pretty easy for you. Would be good even if you can only get to the end.

yay for the pump, I also left you a fb message

Looked it up on the TFL website (cos I'll be using the Northern Line too) and it says 'planned engineering works' - looks like there's something major going on at Tottenham Court Road station, but I can't make out if it's only outside on the street, or if it involves the actual station too....... it doesn't actually say the station is closed, but I dont' know if one is supposed to assume that.......

I'll give them a ring at the weekend (busy tomorrow)

xx

Current attendees!

Thought I'd scan through the thread and make a list of people who are (or may be) coming. I think nearer the time we need to sort out exact meeting places and time(s) and some idea of how the day might pan out. There are quite a few of us, so it might be something to bear in mind for lunch/refreshment venues - remember it will be late November, so we don't want to be sat outside in the Beer Garden anywhere!😱

p.s. not usurping your role as organiser Viki, just thought it would be helpful at this stage!🙂

Wimmen

Viki
Sofaraway
Aymes
HelenP
Am64
Sugarbum
Katie
Salmonpuff
Randomange
Corrine
RachelT
Shelb1uk

Blokes

Northerner
Tom Hreben
Sharpwaa
Chrisp
Rossi_Mac

17 people in total, plus perhaps Shelley's 3D group?

Aww, you read my mind Northerner, I was gonna suggest it might be helpful if someone (someone clever than me, that is) could include a list of names on the first post - never dawned on me to make a separate post with the names on. doh!! 🙄 Gosh, there's so many!!

xx
(I think I may print off a list and put a pic of ppl's avatars against their names, lol, so I know who I'm talking to on teh day - sometimes the avatars stick in my mind more than the actual names - is it awful to admit that?)

xx

p.s. not usurping your role as organiser Viki, just thought it would be helpful at this stage!🙂

Consider any usurping very welcome 🙂

here's a thought...

I could sit in the pub, with a list of peeps, when they arrive radio over to the cultured crew in the museum and advise them where to go, or they could stay with me for a bevvy or 2! 😛

here's a thought...

I could sit in the pub, with a list of peeps, when they arrive radio over to the cultured crew in the museum and advise them where to go, or they could stay with me for a bevvy or 2! 😛

you mean you'd rather sit in the pub than walk round the museum . . . . :D

Id be totally sozzled if i did that!!

here's a thought...

You've obviously given that a lot of thought............... :D

xx

No don't get me wrong I'm all for culture and looking at stuff, just offering a service to make sure everyone gets to meet up with us all, as I know some will have longer journeys than me, and I know around that way a little.

In all seriousness probably worth thinking about what to look at in the museum, as there is so much!!

:D

Suggestion

If one of you should happen to be in the vicinity before the big day, pop in and get a map of the exhibits, then you can plan what you most want to look at. I've spent whole days in there and not seen it all yet. Same with the V&A and the Natural History Museum. My favourite though is the Museum of London near the Barbican.

Don't forget your spray cans to paint "Send them home!" on the Elgin Marbles!

here's a thought...

Hmmmm....decisions, decisions......

I'd like to see the Sutton Hoo stuff. Have you booked the megatrain yet Sam? Don't leave it too late!🙂

i cant afford it yet :( Need to wait til after rent day/council tax payment to even consider booking anything. Every penny is being used right now...stupid electric metre

Nevermind, if I cant make this one then ill make the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back