London Meet - Saturday 21st November

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant afford it yet :( Need to wait til after rent day/council tax payment to even consider booking anything. Every penny is being used right now...stupid electric metre

Nevermind, if I cant make this one then ill make the next one!

It's a tricky one isn't it? If you book now and then can't go because you find can't afford a day out then you've lost ?2.50. But if you wait until you are sure you can go, then it might cost you a lot more for the train!

It's a tricky one isn't it? If you book now and then can't go because you find can't afford a day out then you've lost ?2.50. But if you wait until you are sure you can go, then it might cost you a lot more for the train!

tis undeed a tricky one! I really think I'm going to have to wait and see how much spare cash will be about after bills and stuff, cuz right now my bank account is at an all time low. If all else fails, I have a rail card and can get to london for about a tenner 🙂

Thank God its payday next week!

If one of you should happen to be in the vicinity before the big day, pop in and get a map of the exhibits, then you can plan what you most want to look at.

Won't there be that kind of information on their website?

xx

Lol, well I'm blushing too, cos I've just thought instead of posting that as a question I could have actually gone and had a look myself on the website!

Doh !!

xx

just checked out Web site ...being a none archaelogist i m a little confused...i spose i want to see something ancient from Britain...i saw the camster cairns BC 3500 when in Caithness...they were just by side of road.
http://www.caithness.org/history/archaeology/camsterbypannett/greycairnscamster.htm.
also used to drive to work up there on roads that just cut through ancient buriel grounds with no respect for them ...the place was littered with stuff...

just checked out Web site ...being a none archaelogist i m a little confused...i spose i want to see something ancient from Britain...i saw the camster cairns BC 3500 when in Caithness...they were just by side of road.
http://www.caithness.org/history/archaeology/camsterbypannett/greycairnscamster.htm.
also used to drive to work up there on roads that just cut through ancient buriel grounds with no respect for them ...the place was littered with stuff...

theres lots of ancient british stuff in the BM. Check out Lindow Man, he's really cool. Also the Sutton Hoo stuff. There's also a Roman Wall or something that some students from my old uni dug up a few years ago

looking good...but i wonder where stuff from camster cains is now...time to get googling..bet in scotland
whats your prefered choice to go and see?

looking good...but i wonder where stuff from camster cains is now...time to get googling..bet in scotland
whats your prefered choice to go and see?

the egypt stuff definitely. The Rosetta stone even though theres always a million people around it and you cant even get close. And the burial room where Ginger is, him and I have a special little bond going on (he got me a first in an essay hehe!). Then of course there's the Lindow Man and the Barnak burial. So much stuff.

When the terracotta warriors were there i really wanted to see them, but never had the money to go :(

Sam if you could come it be great...2.50...but mueum free and im sure youd get enough drinkd brought in barter for knowlegde when in museum xxx

Sam if you could come it be great...2.50...but mueum free and im sure youd get enough drinkd brought in barter for knowlegde when in museum xxx

I'll try 😉

Just bumping this up

Looking forward to it :D

Me too!! Went out to buy a new outfit for it on sunday and bought 3 . . . Oops! 😱

I cant really either but I was desperate for warm clothes!! Otherwise i was going to have to steal one of Brads sweatshirts, not a good look 🙂

lol ive still got my ex's jumper, it makes me look horrible! maybe that's why he said I should keep it 😉

Viki you got me thinking it was this weekend when you said that!!

Looking forward to it, but can guarantee you Katie you won't be the scruffiest there, I have a natural ability!!:D

Looking forward to it, but can guarantee you Katie you won't be the scruffiest there, I have a natural ability!!:D

haha that's good to know :D

maybe I could scrape together for a new Primark top... 😱:D

I know - i may have got a little over excited!!

Katie i think its an unwritten rule that you get to keep a comfy jumper when you break up with someone! 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back