In the Garden

I’ve seen some ‘tete a tete’ narcissus coming through ovet the past 5 weeks or so

But absolutely no sign of the snowdrops I put in last year.

We had such a reliable clump for so many years, but I can’t seem to get them to take any more, despite planting ‘in the green’

I do miss them :(

I’ve seen some ‘tete a tete’ narcissus coming through ovet the past 5 weeks or so

We had such a reliable clump for so many years, but I can’t seem to get them to take any more, despite planting ‘in the green’

I do miss them :(
I bought some in pots and planted them straight in the ground and they seem to keep coming back. Have done for at least about 10 years.

I bought some in pots and planted them straight in the ground and they seem to keep coming back. Have done for at least about 10 years.

Yes there loads around here at the base of trees that no one looks after or fusses about, and they come up year after year, like our clump used to - but since the old clump stopped coming up I just can’t work out what I’m doing wrong.

I think I’ll replant bulbs next year. Maybe that will be better?

Yes there loads around here at the base of trees that no one looks after or fusses about, and they come up year after year, like our clump used to - but since the old clump stopped coming up I just can’t work out what I’m doing wrong.

I think I’ll replant bulbs next year. Maybe that will be better?
I tend to have loads of bulbs in pots which I the plant around the edges at the allotment so over the years it makes a lovely display.

Our snowdrops must be ancient as they were here when we moved in in 1986! They don’t get mollycoddled and they just pop up every year as regular as clockwork. TBF I don’t think they are the original ones! :rofl:

Mention of snowdrops reminded me to book our annual Snowdrop Walk ( featured in below link) and starts February.

Specifically Snowdrop Walks

I have more Snowdrops and Crocuses appearing by the day. I have also noticed Hyacinths, and Daffodils, in bud in the last couple of days.

@everydayupsanddowns - snowdrops you move frequently take a couple of years to re-establish themselves and you've entirely forgotten them then suddenly reappear. Ours seem to have re-died though, no sign whatever at the moment.

Noticed some of Daffodil flowers starting to open. Also noticing more crocuses and Snowdrops appearing.

Noticed some of Daffodil flowers starting to open. Also noticing more crocuses and Snowdrops appearing.
I've got tight daffodil buds, nothing open yet, but I have found a load of crocuses where I know I didn’t plant any! I blame the squirrels, who seem to like rearranging the bulbs every year.

I've got tight daffodil buds, nothing open yet, but I have found a load of crocuses where I know I didn’t plant any! I blame the squirrels, who seem to like rearranging the bulbs every year.
I was suprised with the daffs, begining to open, as the rest are all tight buds. I have a small patch were something kept digging up a clump where I had bulbs, I covered it up a couple of times but it got dug up again. .

Noticed today I have got some mini Daffiodils in flower. Forgot to say I have now got an assorted range of coloured crocuses. Also got a selection of colours of Hellbores that seem to be doing well, after a couple of years of poor show.

Yesterday I noticed I have a couple of dwarf iris in flower, differnt colours. Today one of my hyacinths is about to open !

My clump of 'February Gold' daffs is out. Well, it is half way through Feb, so about time!

Those are lovely @Leadinglights !!

Asked for some snowdrops from my parent’s garden for my birthday (they have so many!). I divided the clump and put it in 2 locations - one planted slightly deeper than the other. Fingers crossed they come up again next year?!

Those are lovely @Leadinglights !!

Asked for some snowdrops from my parent’s garden for my birthday (they have so many!). I divided the clump and put it in 2 locations - one planted slightly deeper than the other. Fingers crossed they come up again next year?!
Thank you, I just love doing them, my other half thinks I'm becoming obsessed, but I am selling the things I make though in no way are you ever able to charge enough to cover the time you spend going it.

Back