• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

In hospital with Covid

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That’s great news @Jade - wishing you all the best for your recovery. Take care. :)

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Glad you're home. Hope the recovery continues well. X

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So pleased you’re home, nothing like your own bed and own choice of food. Hope your recovery continues well.

Jade

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, thanks ljc for the information. It varies what different councils offer. I did my own assessment of aids and equipment that I needed as usually do this for others as part of my job!
I wanted a large toilet frame but got a commode. I now have 2 Zimmer frames and mostly walk without as hold onto walls and furniture. I’m trying to get off my own armchair and mostly manage to.
I’ve considered getting a perching stool and need to self purchase but sitting is so painful so probably won’t get one. Plus lack of space.
Will get some hand rails put up in bathroom and front door steps via equipment service.

Now tested negative for Covid.
Gradually building up strength although my oxygen levels drop too low when do any moving around.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and support

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
How are you