In hospital with Covid

Jade

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thank you so much for all your kind thoughts. I made sure I told the drs about my lack of night care and had good attention today and supposed to get hourly obs tonight.
Yes my friend dropped some toiletries for me yesterday.
Fortunately one of the long term ladies has gone to care home now.
My bgs are better as not eating much, so having more liquids with calories instead of my preference for water, and had yogurts as easy to eat
Many patients with diabetes here. I don’t think Diabetes team would visit type 2s but I Am ok. Thanks

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thank you so much for all your kind thoughts. I made sure I told the drs about my lack of night care and had good attention today and supposed to get hourly obs tonight.
Yes my friend dropped some toiletries for me yesterday.
Fortunately one of the long term ladies has gone to care home now.
My bgs are better as not eating much, so having more liquids with calories instead of my preference for water, and had yogurts as easy to eat
Many patients with diabetes here. I don’t think Diabetes team would visit type 2s but I Am ok. Thanks
The Diabetes Teams are supposed to visit all Diabetics, and with Covid I would have thought more reason to be visited.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I hope you're feeling a bit better today @Jade and are able to get home soon. :)

That is very scary how you came to have it. I go to the supermarkets all the time and then back to Mum. :(

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
shouldn't make any difference as to what type of diabetes you have. at the hospital here if you have diabetes they all ways check BG levels as levels can all ways go one way or the other.

i know they have checked my partners BG levels even with covid.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well - gobsmacked! Couple of years ago I broke my knee which involved an operation so I was an inpatient and on an orthopaedic ward where every other inmate was older than me, so that was a fun ward since any number of em had also had strokes and I couldn't move much even though my brain wasn't affected. I'd had a pump for 7 years anyway so always carry my own meter and continued to test my BG etc, BUT the ward still did their own Obs, which includes a BG test even if you ain't diabetic - just the standard temp, BP and BG for every patient, once in a morning and again in the pm.

The staff nurse in charge of the ward (it didn't have a 'sister') was excellent and went and got a ketone meter too cos I've never had one and she was a bit taken aback at that (well it's always annoyed me, but there again there haven't been that many times I've felt I needed to test em either) but because of the bodily trauma, my BG was too high for too long - I had to increase my basal rate to 300% to begin with to handle it. Got rid of the ketones OK in approx 10 days, but basal was well over 100% for weeks and weeks after.

Also!! the news right back in April at the start of Covid was that if we get it, we can get ketones with a BG under double figures so Test Test Test for them.

Jade

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Now in acute respiratory ward so better care except for diabetes.

Inamuddle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Afternoon @Jade i have been wondering how you are doing. Sounds like a good thing that they moved you. Sending you a hug x

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Wishing you a speedy recovery @Jade

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Now in acute respiratory ward so better care except for diabetes.

Hope the new ward allows a speedier recovery from the covid stuff, and your diabetes pipes down and gives you a break while you recover.

Get well soon!

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Oh dear @Jade have only just seen this. I hope you are improving and will soon be well enough to return home xx

Grannylorraine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Only just seen this Jade, hope you start to recover soon. Sending you virtual hugs. I will keep you in my thoughts.