HOW MUCH EXERCISE DO YOU DO?

Thanks WL, The next work trip is nowhere near as bad thank god just 4 days driving there and back but a little holiday for a week as well as work 🙂

Thanks WL, The next work trip is nowhere near as bad thank god just 4 days driving there and back but a little holiday for a week as well as work 🙂
Well it can't be all work & no play Rob so enjoy:Dx
WL

That's so inspiring about the swimming! Did you get back to it? What stroke did you do which didn't hurt your back?
@New-journey. Hi sorry only getting back to you now and thank you. I would swim 2 lengths of breaststroke then 2 lengths of crawl - increasing to 4 lengths of each over a period of time. Neither stroke hurt my back. Swimming is the best form of exercise for me that doesn't cause me back pain. 64 lengths of the pool = 1 mile. Swim for 30mins & burn off 300cals etc. After having surgery on my right shoulder, my physio advised me to *walk swim* for 6-8wks until my shoulder was stronger. I've been saying this for a while but I really must make the effort to resume my swimming as I know I will have a better feeling of well being too if I do as well as contributing to lower bgls.

If you Google 'folding exercise bikes' or 'mini exercise bikes' you will find plenty of sites to choose from - and a good range of prices to choose from. I bought my exercise bike from a charity shop for £15 :D it doesn't fold away tho! :( and I keep it in the hall. I'm trying to build up leg strength so I can go a-walking!
Good luck with whatever you choose to do NJ x
WL

Last edited:
I space is a problem and you like walking try Leslie sansone DVDs as it's all walking in them to and you dont need a lot of space she does 1-5 miles with extras in between. I find them good when it's tipping it down and i can't get out

@New-journey. Hi sorry only getting back to you now and thank you. I would swim 2 lengths of breaststroke then 2 lengths of crawl - increasing to 4 lengths of each over a period of time. Neither stroke hurt my back. Swimming is the best form of exercise for me that doesn't cause me back pain. 64 lengths of the pool = 1 mile. Swim for 30mins & burn off 300cals etc. After having surgery on my right shoulder, my physio advised me to *walk swim* for 6-8wks until my shoulder was stronger. I've been saying this for a while but I really must make the effort to resume my swimming as I know I will have a better feeling of well being too if I do as well as contributing to lower bgls.

If you Google 'folding exercise bikes' or 'mini exercise bikes' you will find plenty of sites to choose from - and a good range of prices to choose from. I bought my exercise bike from a charity shop for £15 :D it doesn't fold away tho! :( and I keep it in the hall. I'm trying to build up leg strength so I can go a-walking!
Good luck with whatever you choose to to NJ x
WL
Thank for this, will google mini exercise bikes, great idea and also keep a eye in Charity shops.
Your swimming sounds amazing, I hope you can get back into it. I am determined to swim again as well

I space is a problem and you like walking try Leslie sansone DVDs as it's all walking in them to and you dont need a lot of space she does 1-5 miles with extras in between. I find them good when it's tipping it down and i can't get out
I have never heard of Leslie Sansone but just looked her up and will get a DVD. Looks great, thanks for sharing.

Yeah. Great suggestion about mini exercise bikes. Space is a problem where I live. Costs, too. And I have difficulties with balance these days, so ordinary exercise bikes are too high for me. Plus I would need to hire a handyman to assemble it. So this is a good compromise. At a fraction of the cost. And the one I have just ordered from off Amazon has a resistance level to it which will prove useful in getting the right tension for my legs' strength.

I've just ordered Leslie Sansone Walk DVD & also her Belly Blast DVD from Amazon. TOTAL £20.36. Free delivery Sunday. Can't wait to start walking at home :DThanks for sharing @Dollypolly x
WL

Last edited:
I do exercise once or twice a week like running/walking for 30 minutes. I wish to do that daily but Im loaded with office work but i still do my household chores i think thats the only way i sweat during the weekdays. lol!
I also treat myself with doxyva, its a non invasive co2 vapor. increased microcirculation with CO2 is widely known to increase the perfusion of oxygen based on the Bohr effect. anyone here who have tried the device? Anyway Any diet tips? I am prediabetic and I think im still in a denial stage because I still eat whatI crave less the sweets but sometimes my brain would tell me its okay lol!

Currently I weight train three times a week for a total of five hours over the week, with a minimum seven miles (I don't know the number of steps that is) walk at the weekend. I know I could do more, but it's so hot right now! Will definitely up the anti when it cools down.

I have never heard of Leslie Sansone but just looked her up and will get a DVD. Looks great, thanks for sharing.
Did you order the DVD NJ? I did - I watched it first to see what I've let myself in for & it could be gruelling (for me)😱 but looking forward to walking the 3 miles in my lounge! At the same time I also ordered Samone's Belly Blaster DVD but haven't even looked at this yet!
I do exercise once or twice a week like running/walking for 30 minutes. I wish to do that daily but Im loaded with office work but i still do my household chores i think thats the only way i sweat during the weekdays. lol!
I also treat myself with doxyva, its a non invasive co2 vapor. increased microcirculation with CO2 is widely known to increase the perfusion of oxygen based on the Bohr effect. anyone here who have tried the device? Anyway Any diet tips? I am prediabetic and I think im still in a denial stage because I still eat whatI crave less the sweets but sometimes my brain would tell me its okay lol!

Did you order the DVD NJ? I did - I watched it first to see what I've let myself in for & it could be gruelling (for me)😱 but looking forward to walking the 3 miles in my lounge! At the same time I also ordered Samone's Belly Blaster DVD but haven't even looked at this yet!
What is Belly Blaster and is it difficult to do? I have yet to order it but good reminder, did five mile walk yesterday followed by evening of lows! Now the evenings will get shorter time to sort out indoor exercise.

Hi Hannah. There's a Thread on here called *What did you eat yesterday?* Pop along there to see what we folk eat to give you an idea. We do try to avoid carbs ie pasta rice & vegetables grown beneath the ground. A lot of us abide by the LCHF diet (Low carb high fat)

I was in denial for several months until I joined this forum so I know where you're coming from - it came as a shock to you as well no doubt but you'll learn a lot on here, we're all eager to pass on any advice & tips as well as lend our support. Doing your housework alone is a good form of exercise and walking will definitely help keep lower your blood glucose levels (bgls) take care x
WL

What is Belly Blaster and is it difficult to do? I have yet to order it but good reminder, did five mile walk yesterday followed by evening of lows! Now the evenings will get shorter time to sort out indoor exercise.
Sorry Jo, it's called the Belly Blasting Walk - there's 2 workouts on this DVD - 2 fast miles with belly flattening moves - plus targeted waist Slimming session. The Walk Away The Pounds is a super fat burning DVD. I would suggest you do some warm up exercises before attempting either of these DVD's - well so my grandson warned me! Good luck! x
20170624_102411.jpg

Yesterday I went open water swimming and did about 1500 metres. Today eighty mile bike ride. Tomorrow will be a pool based swim before work, 1.5-2K depending on how energetic I'm feeling. Before setting off on the bike ride I had a big bowl of porridge with honey, a cup of coffee and a whisky tumbler of fruit juice. During the ride I downed one and a half litres of energy drink* and six cereal bars. BG level after ride was 6.4 or 7 depending which meter you believe** so I appear to be metabolising my carbs fairly well.

*I make up High Five energy drinks at half strength with half a zero tab.
**When my Freestyle tester was changed for a Nexus one I suspected that the Nexus one was reading higher. I bought some more test strips for the Freestyle one and started using them side by side and comparing them. I found that they are usually in agreement to within a few tenths and it varies which of the two reads highest. I did find that the Nexus sometimes gives a false reading that is much higher than the freestyle and then is roughly in agreement when I test again.

Last edited:
Trial & error with the meters eh but your readings are good.
You really are doing so well leading up to the next biggy - you're very organised with your drinks etc. Much admiration for you Chris - keep going as you are - behind you all the way x
WL

I have to say that everyone who puts in the effort to get a good bit of exercise done should congratulate themselves (but not with cake!). I know some have trouble with exercise due to other conditions but exercise really is key to good health, so if you can, do!

I have found, might be different for others, that my bg levels go down and stay down better for a seven mile walk than for an hours heavy weight training. I don't agree that weights are not a cardio workout - anyone who does them will tell you that you will puff and and raise your pulse significantly - but light, completely continuous exercise, like walking, really seems to be more beneficial overall.

Back