HOW MUCH EXERCISE DO YOU DO?

I did 2 miles or more today plus helped my brother with mowing his grass. Now I've got a raging headache, probably high blood pressure and my BG went up but then came down again so that's okay...I hope. 🙂 That's me for the day!
Well Ditto, you did 2miles more than me - well done u :D x
WL

Hee! The 2 miles was just a nice amble in the sunshine, it was the mowing that was a killer! :D

Hee! The 2 miles was just a nice amble in the sunshine, it was the mowing that was a killer! :D
It don't matter as some say round ere! You walked how many steps? Now the mowing - that's good for reducing the waistline tummy & strengthens the arms - as well as give you back ache if you're not used to mowing! 🙄 Sorry! x
WL

Well today I have been pedalling away on my exercise bike - once this morning and again this afternoon. Off out later for a walk, yikes!
WL

Last edited:
I've been weeding, can hardly move now. Agh. Dunno if it counts as exercise though, I'm only wielding my handfork arm! 🙄

I've been weeding, can hardly move now. Agh. Dunno if it counts as exercise though, I'm only wielding my handfork arm! 🙄
.......and strengthening one's arm muscle! Hehe! :D:D Better than doing nothing Ditto! 😳
WL

Mind you I was having to struggle up and down from the kneeler to the green wheelie bin, that's why I hurts all over. I must have used some muscles then. :D

Where is everyone? The forum isn't as busy as it usually is 🙄

@Ditto - I think this might do the trick for you - garden kneeling pads with support handles.
Google.....garden kneeling pads with support - Amazon sell - some % discounts - between £9.99 - £15. x
WL

Last edited:
That's what I've got. I've got all kinds of different ones. :D I'd never get to the ground without one! 😱 And I'd certainly never get back up again.

I will be exercising today around the shops. You can walk a mile just doing that, I need to get moving!

Got myself an e-bike as a birthday pressie and it's great! I am fairly active as I've a largish garden that takes quite a bit of my time. I used to do a lot of pretty strenous walking in the hills but perpiheral arterial disease has put paid to that as I can only manage 2 or 3 hundred metres without pain. The bike is allowing me to get out and about, as cycling doesn't cause me pain quite the same as walking. I've only had the bike for a few days but it's facilitating access to a vast tract of local countryside that I've not been able to access for the past 2 or 3 years and is a lot more fun than my exercise bike. I did 10 miles yesterday and that was just my second run.
Now if it will just stop raining .... 😉

Got myself an e-bike as a birthday pressie and it's great! I am fairly active as I've a largish garden that takes quite a bit of my time. I used to do a lot of pretty strenous walking in the hills but perpiheral arterial disease has put paid to that as I can only manage 2 or 3 hundred metres without pain. The bike is allowing me to get out and about, as cycling doesn't cause me pain quite the same as walking. I've only had the bike for a few days but it's facilitating access to a vast tract of local countryside that I've not been able to access for the past 2 or 3 years and is a lot more fun than my exercise bike. I did 10 miles yesterday and that was just my second run.
Now if it will just stop raining .... 😉
This is good news Dave, well done you. @Anthony Stirrat and @Copepod recommended an e-bike to me in Anthony's post: *And so it begins*. I haven't as yet bought one, they are expensive🙄 but seriously pondering on buying a second hand tricycle or alternatively have stablisers fitted to my bike! Either of those would give bystanders something to smile or laugh about!! Like yourself I find walking causes me pain & cycling seems the next best option. Good luck on your cycling travels Dave x
WL

This is good news Dave, well done you. @Anthony Stirrat and @Copepod recommended an e-bike to me in Anthony's post: *And so it begins*. I haven't as yet bought one, they are expensive🙄 but seriously pondering on buying a second hand tricycle or alternatively have stablisers fitted to my bike! Either of those would give bystanders something to smile or laugh about!! Like yourself I find walking causes me pain & cycling seems the next best option. Good luck on your cycling travels Dave x
WL
Go for it WL, it will open up new horizons and be good for your health too. Yes they are expensive but the cost/benefit equation works out in favour of benefit. Tricycles are good on roads and present a higher visibilty profile to car drivers, but a bike is a bit more versatile. I'm fortunate here as I can do a lot of off road cycling and the main roads (mainly B roads) are not very busy.

If you have balance problems, then nothing beats a tricycle. Good for shopping, too, as most have a large basket between the two back wheels. A friend of mine who has multiple sclerosis has a tricycle at her home in Canada and extends her engine free range, as her walking is a bit slow and wobbly - slower than her dog certainly!

My 5 miles downhill cycling to work went well, but I got a puncture 1
5 miles into return journey, so had to push bike home. Cycle superhighway seems to collect more broken glass than road and clear glass is always hard to spot, plus green glass doesn't show up well on green tarmac. I brought home 2 whole glass bottles for recycling, so they will never cause punctures.

I love to walk, up to 8 miles now but also want something I can do in my home. I have a small sitting room so would be great if whatever I have can be folded away! Any suggestions for a exercise machine? I do yoga and pilates every day, dance as well but need more.

Thought it would be a good idea to open a new thread as to how much exercise we each do on a daily/weekly basis. I for one have resumed exercising on my exercise bike twice a day to help me stay as fit as I can atm & also to maintain a good blood circulation. My old back prevents me from walking too far for any length of time but I'm hoping to resume swimming soon, used to swim 1mile x 4times per wk (No back pain when swimming) Didn't learn to swim till I was 63! My right knee doesn't currently condone exercise so i start off slowly on my exercise bike then build up, a replacement knee could be on the cards! I also do stretching & floor exercises.

Type2 since April 2016
Diet & exercise only
That's so inspiring about the swimming! Did you get back to it? What stroke did you do which didn't hurt your back?

I love to walk, up to 8 miles now but also want something I can do in my home. I have a small sitting room so would be great if whatever I have can be folded away! Any suggestions for a exercise machine? I do yoga and pilates every day, dance as well but need more.
I find most exercise machines are like kitchen gadgets they are dust collectors.

I love to walk, up to 8 miles now but also want something I can do in my home. I have a small sitting room so would be great if whatever I have can be folded away! Any suggestions for a exercise machine? I do yoga and pilates every day, dance as well but need more.[/QUOTE
If you already own a bike, then training machine where you remove front wheel and fix into machine, with back wheels on rollers, would work. Or a simple indoor exercise bike or if more ambitious, a Nordic skiing machine, which needs more space to use, as feet slide forwards and back and hands pump forward and back too.
Poor posting technique by me, but please expand for my suggestions to @New-journey.

I used a pedomemter last week when I was away working, Involves a lot of walking and I was averaging 45000 steps a day! Hence why I'm now chilling out this week and not going for 15k daily cycle rides 🙂

I used a pedomemter last week when I was away working, Involves a lot of walking and I was averaging 45000 steps a day! Hence why I'm now chilling out this week and not going for 15k daily cycle rides 🙂
Good to see you back on here Rob - that was good thinking on your part - 45K steps per day! WOW that's amazing! Yes you deserve to chill & relax til your next meet. Good luck on the 8th, take care x
WL

Back