HOW MUCH EXERCISE DO YOU DO?

Blimey, I’m worn out just thinking about that Carlos
It isn't that hard once you get into it. When I started cycling about three years ago I was half dead after four miles. Ten miles seemed like an impossible task, and I never thought I would do 50 km, but little by little I got there. My next target is 50 miles, but not quite there yet fitness wise.

It isn't that hard once you get into it. When I started cycling about three years ago I was half dead after four miles. Ten miles seemed like an impossible task, and I never thought I would do 50 km, but little by little I got there. My next target is 50 miles, but not quite there yet fitness wise.
Well sounds like you are well on your way, well done to you

I've not posted in time time... wow!
Anyway, I just thought I post something that will give others encouragement:

I've increased by exercise but noticed over the years I needed to increase carbs, as I started getting some silly low numbers like just after a little 2km walk not even running: 3.2mmol - 3.7mmol

It does go back up to low 5s(5.0-5.3) and back down to 4s(4.3-4.7) again. It was not always so easy, before I reversed my insulin resistance I could exercise until my eggs dropped off(and yes it felt like it) and would just refuse to go below 6s, and even go up after exercise to higher than before I started, thinking what's the point...Those were the worrying times, but I never gave up, and it did work out in the end.

...It may seem like a painful and tiring waste of time, but the end results are well worth it.. never give up people!

I've not posted in time time... wow!
Anyway, I just thought I post something that will give others encouragement:

I've increased by exercise but noticed over the years I needed to increase carbs, as I started getting some silly low numbers like just after a little 2km walk not even running: 3.2mmol - 3.7mmol

It does go back up to low 5s(5.0-5.3) and back down to 4s(4.3-4.7) again. It was not always so easy, before I reversed my insulin resistance I could exercise until my eggs dropped off(and yes it felt like it) and would just refuse to go below 6s, and even go up after exercise to higher than before I started, thinking what's the point...Those were the worrying times, but I never gave up, and it did work out in the end.

...It may seem like a painful and tiring waste of time, but the end results are well worth it.. never give up people!

That is encouraging, thanks. I've been upping my walking distance over the last couple of months & it can be a bit discouraging to see my BG levels higher after a post-breakfast walk than they probably would have been without it - say 7-ish vs 6-ish. Nothing dramatic, and at other times I seem to be around a point lower than I was before the new program - so all good, overall. But it'd be good to see that post-breakfast-walk number come down as well.

I walk my dog twice daily, garden and then play golf Saturday and Sunday x

I havent done as much exercise as I should or would like to. Recent x-rays revealed degenerative spondylosis in my spine. The pain is so excruciating in my lower back that I've started having Hydrotherapy.
Its wonderful to be able to exercise in the pool and not feel any pain. Sheer bliss for half an hour each session.

I continue with specific exercises tho at home on a daily basis for my back, hips and dodgy right knee. I'm walking between 800 ~ 2000 steps as and when with a rare 3150 steps, that was painful.

Currently awaiting an appointment to see a Neurosurgeon to discuss major surgery/injection on my spine.

Well done on your achievements to date folks ~ keep up the good work.
WL
Edited.

Last edited:
I havent done as much exercise as I should or would like to. Recent x-rays revealed degenerative spondylitis in my spine. The pain is so excruciating in my lower back that I've started having Hydrotherapy.
Its wonderful to be able to exercise in the pool and not feel any pain. Sheer bliss for half an hour each session.

I continue with specific exercises tho at home on a daily basis for my back, hips and dodgy right knee. I'm walking between 800 ~ 2000 steps as and when with a rare 3150 steps, that was painful.

Currently awaiting an appointment to see a Neurosurgeon to discuss major surgery/injection on my spine.

WL
Sorry to hear about all your challenges @wirralass. Good luck with surgeon & hope he can find you a way to some pain relief x

I havent done as much exercise as I should or would like to. Recent x-rays revealed degenerative spondylitis in my spine. The pain is so excruciating in my lower back that I've started having Hydrotherapy.

WL
Hope things improve for you. As long as you make the effort, as your health improves, you'll keep on going.

Hi folks
I had Hydrotherapy on Friday. My hydrotherapist put me through a series of exercises for my back, knees hips pelvis. Then I swam 4 lengths of the pool. The only part of me that I did feel some pain was in my right knee & thigh otherwise I didn't feel any other pain. I've had seven half hour sessions to date and beginning to feel the benefit now. My right knee has been playing up since 2017 and I've had a number of steroid injections in both my knees over that period of time Ugh!!
I wear my Fitbit day & night (not in the pool tho) so my steps are being recorded. I usually walk approx 1K steps just by walking round the superstore but I have to hold on to a trolley for support.
Will update as and when.
WL

Has anyone seen or heard from @Dave W. He used to post a lot on this thread. If you're reading this Dave please let us know how things are in your neck of the woods. Do you still cycle on your Ebike? Hope you are well.
WL

Well folks I'm unhappy to say exercise for myself has now drawn to a halt for the time being. I fell ill recently with a chest infection that required steroids & powerful antibiotics. I felt like death but slowly on the mend, very slowly as its taken it out of me. Hopefully come the new year I'll have more energy to exercise best I can.

@Carolg well done for walking 4350 steps. You did good hun and for walking along the sea front in inclement weather.
WL

Thanks Carlos, I can’t do any exercise that involves sitting or laying on my back but as you say there are other things I can do. In a strange way am looking forward to challenging myself
That's the spirit SueEK. Nothing better than a challenge but do take it easy at first. You'll find your limitations in time.
Take care.
WL

Well folks I'm unhappy to say exercise for myself has now drawn to a halt for the time being. I fell ill recently with a chest infection that required steroids & powerful antibiotics. I felt like death but slowly on the mend, very slowly as its taken it out of me. Hopefully come the new year I'll have more energy to exercise best I can.

@Carolg well done for walking 4350 steps. You did good hun and for walking along the sea front in inclement weather.
WL
Been out of touch @wirralass Christmas get together & all but I hope 2020 will bring good health to you or at least significant improvement...

Back