HOW MUCH EXERCISE DO YOU DO?

Did just over 10000 today! Going on holiday tomorrow so I expect I'll put on a few pounds😉😉😉

Hi folks!

I've just received my 2018 review from Fitbit.
Mindful that l'd been less than active for the last six months coz of back and hips issues ~ and when I have, my exercise wasn't really anything to write home about ~ I don't think I did too badly!

I walked 98 km
Walked 145,850 steps
Burned off 127,639 Calories

WL
@wirralass Ditto. I’d been doing well with exercise last year until rowing machine at gym did my hip in and then new bed did my back in. We’ll both do better this year I’m sure 🙂

@wirralass Ditto. I’d been doing well with exercise last year until rowing machine at gym did my hip in and then new bed did my back in. We’ll both do better this year I’m sure 🙂

Aww, I managed to do my hip in playing football, its why I changed to cycling 🙂

Hi folks!

I've just received my 2018 review from Fitbit.
Mindful that l'd been less than active for the last six months coz of back and hips issues ~ and when I have, my exercise wasn't really anything to write home about ~ I don't think I did too badly!

I walked 98 km
Walked 145,850 steps
Burned off 127,639 Calories

WL

So modest, I think that's excellent!

I started a bounce class before Christmas. Have increased from 1 day to 3 days a week. It’s a hard workout and I lose approx 1000 plus calories per hour and take 4000 plus steps. It’s a full on cardio. Plus tomorrow myself and husband will be walking about 3 miles a day. See if I can get fitter. X

Wow you all sound amazing, I ah d been a bit of a slob for years, just running around after grandchildren etc. Dg last month and have obviously realised I must get my act in gear. I have bought a 2nd hand treadmill, used it last week for first time and got an infected toe as my trainers were too snug, not a good start - I won’t give up. I have a dog who is agoraphobic so dog walks are out but she did want to get on the treadmill with me - life is all back to front at the moment. Well done everybody, I hope to be able to be proud of my exercise regime one day too haha

35 miles on the bike today. Lovely morning. Set off at quarter to seven and there was already a hint of daylight. I am aiming to do 50km every Sunday this year, but the weather at the end of January put a spanner in the works. Hopefully it will improve from now.

Screenshot_20190217-161647.png

Well done Carlos, I’m impressed

Thanks, @SueEK. I'm just a pootler, really, @Matt Cycle is the one to watch for impressive cycling.
I would love to take up cycling again but have chronic coccydenia so a definite no-no. I have however bought a treadmill and starting swimming again. I want to start badminton again but have no-one to go with, I will get my bg down and stay down and hopefully reduce my tablets, 2000mg at the mo but very early days. Have lost 8lb in 6 wks but am only 10st 11lb and 5ft 9in and I look scrawny at anything less than 10stone, it’s all a big mix up at present but like everyone else on the forum, we are all trying to work out what works for us. Really nice to be able to get lots of different opinions and advice.
Good luck with your cycling and have fun. ‍♂️

I would love to take up cycling again but have chronic coccydenia so a definite no-no.
Have you looked at adaptive cycling solutions? Perhaps something like a recumbent trike might help. It looks like you have alternatives you enjoy, though, which is the important thing.

Thanks Carlos, I can’t do any exercise that involves sitting or laying on my back but as you say there are other things I can do. In a strange way am looking forward to challenging myself

Hmm, very novel but can’t really see myself on one of them haha. Still haven’t been able to use the treadmill. Got my toe sorted out at the chiropodist, had a small procedure so wasn’t allowed to exercise, now my toe is bad again. I think the treadmill is sitting in the corner of my lounge laughing at me. I have been swimming though hah!! Lost 2lb more even though I don’t want to, no idea what to eat and haven’t really got a clue what I’m doing but hey ho, life could be an awful lot worse

Weather and travel for work kept me off the bike for a month. Finally last Sunday managed to get a ride in, 54k around Bredon Hill and back.

Today working from home, so squeezed in 10 local miles at lunchtime. It feels good getting the legs turning.

Blimey, I’m worn out just thinking about that Carlos

Back