HOW MUCH EXERCISE DO YOU DO?

Sure do hobie,feel so much different since been going gym,miss it if I don't go,

I sure do Grannylorraine the gym and walking dogs is the only time I leave the house,x

I find my weight loss does not actually match the amount of exercise I do. But you do seem to be doing plenty of exercise.
Lost 3lb not 2 just looked at tickets,going down slowly,x

Lost 3lb not 2 just looked at tickets,going down slowly,x
Wow I wish mine was coming off that quick. So far this week I have list 1/4lb and weigh day is Thursday.

Thanks for the tip about the Aldi tracker, will take a look.
I've read somewhere that it's important to try and get rid of the fat around the midriff - around the liver and pancreas. Any tips for exercise to do this?

Wow I wish mine was coming off that quick. So far this week I have list 1/4lb and weigh day is Thursday.
All this exercise is finally paying off lorraine and the mrs always said I am unfit,she's luck if she walks 2 mile a day,I do more than that on rower,x

I've read somewhere that it's important to try and get rid of the fat around the midriff - around the liver and pancreas. Any tips for exercise to do this?
Hi Peter I do a lot of walking with dogs,go for ride on bike sometimes,and have just joined a gym,pure gym nr me is 10.99 off peak and 15.99 anytime,it has made a big difference

My DN told me to do walking, as a pace fast enough to get your heart rate up, not a Sunday afternoon stroll speed.

Thanks for this. Do you do 'power' walking, or just at normal pace?
Normal pace Peter plus the odd pulling from dogs,walking supposed to burn up to 100 cals an hour

Currently doing lots of indoor cycling due to my believing the pessimistic weather forecasts. I prefer cycling outdoors but I'm not too keen on being rained on. As a consequence I keep an eye on the weather forecasts and then decide what to do. Nowadays the forecasts for the short term are pretty much spot on. however, over the last few days, the forecast has been for rain which then hasn't arrived. This means that I have been cycling in the gym when I could be cycling to work and saving diesel.

Finished the Brigg Sprint Triathlon today. I had a slight rough patch during the first part of the run but otherwise felt OK. My finishing time was 1:40 which is well down on my best time of 1:16 but I'm really pleased that I can still do this kind of event. The weather was less grim than earlier forecasts had suggested, it looked as though it was going to rain. By Saturday the forecast was saying cloudy but no rain and this turned out to be correct. It was a bit cold but otherwise good.

Edit:
I finally got around to looking at the results page online to see where my ever so slightly slower time had placed me in the pecking order. The answer was fifth from last. Just four competitors finished behind me. Still, if I do get over my current problems, it should be a piece of cake getting a new PB for this course.

Last edited:
Finished the Brigg Sprint Triathlon today. I had a slight rough patch during the first part of the run but otherwise felt OK. My finishing time was 1:40 which is well down on my best time of 1:16 but I'm really pleased that I can still do this kind of event. The weather was less grim than earlier forecasts had suggested, it looked as though it was going to rain. By Saturday the forecast was saying cloudy but no rain and this turned out to be correct. It was a bit cold but otherwise good.
Well done especially with this weather.

Have been extremely lazy due to long winter, but spring has finally come in Toronto. 🙂 Today’s menu was 25 min easy run, but what I actually did was 20 min slow jog plus 3km brisk walk. 🙄 Not much, but this is the start + I feel GOOD:D:D

Attached photo is my walking / running course. The sky is filled with ominous clouds, so I think it’s going to rain and thunder this afternoon.🙂

upload_2018-5-4_14-18-8.png

Have been extremely lazy due to long winter, but spring has finally come in Toronto. 🙂 Today’s menu was 25 min easy run, but what I actually did was 20 min slow jog plus 3km brisk walk. 🙄 Not much, but this is the start + I feel GOOD:D:D

Attached photo is my walking / running course. The sky is filled with ominous clouds, so I think it’s going to rain and thunder this afternoon.🙂

View attachment 8416
It is a good start

I've been taking it a little easy after I had to withdraw from the Lakesman Triathlon. Open water swimming started on Saturday so I have been to Allerthorpe with Liz and her sister. It was a lovely sunny morning so it was pleasant getting kitted up in our wetsuits on the lakeside. Since I am currently suffering from a mild heart condition I'm not sure that jumping into an ice cold lake is such a brilliant idea but everything went OK. The lake is roughly circular and has a ring of buoys to swim around. My first thought was 'bloody hell it's cold' and I planned to swim to the first buoy and back and then get out. I soon got used to it though and so I ended up doing two laps. There was a lady there who was training for a Channel swim wearing just a swimsuit.

Hi Peter
I don’t think you can target visceral fat (the fat around the internal organs that they say puts people at higher risk of various problems including insulin resistance) specifically. The only sure way to reduce it is to reduce the overall fat carried. This is a bit annoying as I am a very healthy weight by all other measures except my waist, but I went out and bought a body composition scale and it reckons my visceral fat is in a healthy range, so I must just be built that way. Don’t ask me how it knows though.

Was good day for me today,walking shop this morning,seen sign a bottom of garden free treadmill knocked on a York £600 treadmill bought for his wife but not used it,my lucky day,x

Was good day for me today,walking shop this morning,seen sign a bottom of garden free treadmill knocked on a York £600 treadmill bought for his wife but not used it,my lucky day,x
That is lucky. Hope you enjoy using it

Struggling do quarter of a mile lorraine can tell don't use em at the gym,hope to build it up tho,x

Back