Guess Northie's peak BG on his day of indulgence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I do not see why not. Everyone can also still change their guess. And of course as it is only 10.30pm Northerner can have some more indulgences, which if he was trying he surely would do!

Nope, just one more test to go as I don't go to bed with active fast acting insulin circulating - too risky given my hypos recently. Plus, I'm stuffed! 😱

So people can guess up to midnight and I'll announce the winner tomorrow 🙂

Yes I do not see why not. Everyone can also still change their guess. And of course as it is only 10.30pm Northerner can have some more indulgences, which if he was trying he surely would do!

oh excellent didnt know i could edit my guess and try again.. thank you

note to self-read the rules next time properly🙄

Nope, just one more test to go as I don't go to bed with active fast acting insulin circulating ...
You are going to sleep after eating all that food?

- too risky given my hypos recently. Plus, I'm stuffed! 😱 ...
Maybe there is a hint there about what has been happening today?!?

... So people can guess up to midnight and I'll announce the winner tomorrow 🙂
We should of course all thank Northerner for participating in this game and for the lovely photos. 😎

So midnight has passed. Here is the list of guesses that I have recorded in ascending order (apologies if I have lost anyone or misspelled anyone's nickname).

Smit 4.8
am64 7.9
Dizzydi 8.3
caroleann 8.8
bev 8.9
Lizzie53 9.5
cazscot 9.6
rossoneri 9.7
lyndasw 9.9
Steffie 10.2
Ellie Jones 10.4
grogans 10.5
toby 11.8
rossi-mac 11.9
katie 12.0
traceycat 12.9
Shevicks 13.0
robster65 13.8
everydayupsanddowns 14.1
novorapidboi26 14.2
squidge 14.4
gail1 16.6
falcon123 20.7
ypauly 22.2
lucy123 99.9999999

We had one duplicate, both bev and caroleann had 8.9 but as bev chose this first I have reduced caroleann's value to 8.8.

Interesting that Smit is the only one to suggest a value lower than the advised upper target of 7.5; six people had Northerner going above 14, a value at which the dreaded Ketones might appear; lucy123 very cleverly got the value if his readings went completely haywire; and in the unlikely event that the peak is less than 4.8 then Northerner will be the winner.

Excluding lucy's value, the average was 11.9 although a figure in the 9s was the most popular, chosen four times.

So we now await the results from Northerner in the morning. Good luck to everyone and thanks for taking part, hope you have all enjoyed it whoever the winner is. 😉

Whats up Northerner - can't you lift yourself out of bed this morning? Something weighing you down maybe? Hee Hee

Thanks for listing the guesses Rossoneri! And the winner is...Bev! 🙂

My highest level was two hours after breakfast, at 8.9 mmol/l. Average for the whole day was 6.4 mmol/l. My lowest level was 3.2 before my evening meal. It appears that I was craving fat, as that was the dominant 'bad' throughout the day, rather than sweet things, and as a result my insulin requirements were not much greater than a 'normal' day. Also, the fat obviously smoothed the peaks so I didn't spike very high.

And Lucy - my weight hasn't changed by a single ounce! 🙂

My highest level was two hours after breakfast, at 8.9 mmol/l. Average for the whole day was 6.4 mmol/l. My lowest level was 3.2 before my evening meal. It appears that I was craving fat, as that was the dominant 'bad' throughout the day, rather than sweet things, and as a result my insulin requirements were not much greater than a 'normal' day. Also, the fat obviously smoothed the peaks so I didn't spike very high.

Nice weight Northey good going

Well done Bev x

Northey I am so jealous. 8.9!! That's fab.

I'm having a very naughty day on Saturday at a wedding and can guarantee my peak will be at least twice that!

Hope you enjoyed it and aren't feeling too rough today.

And many congrats to Bev!

Northey I am so jealous. 8.9!! That's fab.

I'm having a very naughty day on Saturday at a wedding and can guarantee my peak will be at least twice that!

Hope you enjoyed it and aren't feeling too rough today.

And many congrats to Bev!

I had a poor night's sleep, but not sure how much of that was related to the food!

Hope you enjoy the wedding! At the last wedding I went to I think I peaked at around 13.8. The main problem I found was that there was a period of time befre the meal where canap?s were being offered round after the ceremony - as these were spread out over a longish period of time it was impossible to bolus for with injections so I just had to try and minimise the peak but not inject too much and send me hypo before the meal.

Noooooooooo. that is just not fair!
I only need to look at a chocolate eclair and can feel myself expanding!!!!
Pleased you kept the weight off and don't feel too bad today.

Are we back to healthy eating today - or do you have cravings now?

Noooooooooo. that is just not fair!
I only need to look at a chocolate eclair and can feel myself expanding!!!!
Pleased you kept the weight off and don't feel too bad today.

Are we back to healthy eating today - or do you have cravings now?

Cravings have all gone now, fo another year at least! Bacon and sausages now in freezer! 😉

Good lad - much better.
I suppose at least you got it out of your system and provided some entertainment along the way!

Massively impressed by that Northie. Well done.

To be honest, if you could write the whole day down as a diet sheet I might consider adopting it... Those levels are a heck of a lot better than mine usually are 🙂

Mike

PS quietly smug that I got your lowest level bang-on :D

thats good levels northener, for what you had to eat.
this morning i was 7.3 before breakfast, thats what i am most mornings.
im off to my daughters hen party tonight an were going to an all you can eat chinese buffet 😱 goodness knows what my levels will be after that.

Good lad - much better.
I suppose at least you got it out of your system and provided some entertainment along the way!

I went veggie a few years back and craved certain foods, so once a year I had a week of indulgence - chicken vindaloo, shepherds pie, chilli con carne, fish and chips, sausage and mash etc.! I think it's important to give in every now and then as long as it's not to something that is specifically harmful to you!

Massively impressed by that Northie. Well done.

To be honest, if you could write the whole day down as a diet sheet I might consider adopting it... Those levels are a heck of a lot better than mine usually are 🙂

Mike

PS quietly smug that I got your lowest level bang-on :D

Thanks Mike. I suppose in a way it was an illustration of high fat/low carb type of diet, although obviously not that low carb! High in calories too, so not much good if trying to lose weight, and I think I probably exceeded my maximum fat/sat fat intake for the day (although some would argue that this isn't proven to be bad for you). Given the unusual (for me!) food over the course of the day, I'm quite pleased that I remained under double figures and only had that one mild hypo just before tea.🙂

thats good levels northener, for what you had to eat.
this morning i was 7.3 before breakfast, thats what i am most mornings.
im off to my daughters hen party tonight an were going to an all you can eat chinese buffet 😱 goodness knows what my levels will be after that.

Try to go for the healthier options Tracey! Chinese food is notorious for its high salt sugar and fat! 😱 Hope you enjoy the evening though, don't stress too much about the food on this special occasion 🙂

thanks northener, anyone any ideas on what type of food i should stick to, probley all pretty harmful though id guess.

Have a good night Tracy 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back