Group 7-day waking average?

Morning 5.7 today, seems to be my new favourite 🙂

Odd appointment with the practice nurse yesterday, whereby she insisted I go through all my doses for insulin. She didn't understand that the novorapid is used as needed. I eventually got her to confess it's because they're trying to "limit" prescriptions of insulin. I suspected this beforehand, and told her very plainly that if they "limited" my prescription again (this isn't the first time) I would formerly complain in the most vocal way possible. Then she asked if I would consider going on to fixed doses 😱 Yeh course I will, anything to make your life easier...what I actually said was "absolutely not" with a look on my face similar to the one I'd have if I sucked a lemon. She got the message. Bet they still try and limit it again though, in which case I think I'll just actually go nuclear. They are very hard work🙄
Hi @KookyCat I was incensed by this, so flagged it up to DUK, this is their response:

Morning Alan,

Thank you for flagging this to us. We would certainly be able to help her make a complaint to her CCG and offer support in this way.

If she contacts helpline@diabetes.org.uk or call us on 0345 123 2399 we can get her through to the appropriate team. We also have some information here https://www.diabetes.org.uk/How_we_help/Advocacy/ which details how we can help.

Hope this helps, and also anyone else who feels that decisions are being made through ignorance of potential consequences 🙂

Hi Folks, A very late entry of 7.1 not been well for a few days, Chest infection went to docs, then told I have cellulitis on the back of my leg. (nothing but thorough at my docs, go in for chest and they look at your legs) good to catch it early tho. Anyway hope your all ok. I will play a bit of catch up on the posts before footy starts.

Hi Folks, A very late entry of 7.1 not been well for a few days, Chest infection went to docs, then told I have cellulitis on the back of my leg. (nothing but thorough at my docs, go in for chest and they look at your legs) good to catch it early tho. Anyway hope your all ok. I will play a bit of catch up on the posts before footy starts.

Sorry to hear that Alan...hope it clears up soon.

I was just wondering where you were Al, I hope that you recover quickly 🙂

A few more early nights, and some anti-biotics I should be good by the weekend. All this and work as well. Thanks for the good will messages.

Morning! 5.4 & another unnecessary early rise. Sun is getting up too early. Can't sleep when the sun is up.

Good grief! 😱 😱 😱 Actually, I think that sort of approach does need reporting KookyCat. Not sure who you'd report it to, but I can imagine that there are people who will absolutely believe in the authority and knowledge of the nurse (and her back up cohorts in the CCG) and end up on unsuitable doses that do NOT reflect the whole point of MDI, and reveal a total ignorance of the individual variations in insulin requirements from person to person. Insulin is NOT something you can choose to restrict, you need what you need. How on earth would they address someone who needs 60-100 units of novorapid per meal? Cut it by 90%? This is one of the most stupid, ignorant things I have heard in a long time 😱 I'm not going to blame the nurse, it sounds like she's just repeating what she has been taught, without really understanding it, but things really need addressing. I wonder if Diabetes UK could help with something like this - if you like I can ask to see who the best person there might be to bring it to their attention.

I've complained and they have apologised, they say it was a misunderstanding on the part of the nurse about what was supposed to be done (apparently it's about adjusting prescriptions to avoid wastage). I have two friends with type 2 who have been called in for the same medication review so I'll see what they report before I take it any further. It was delightfully ridiculous even for them so I'm hoping it really was a mistake. The nurse didn't even know the difference between type 1 and 2 so I'm guessing she was new (well I hope so), she kept asking me why I didn't take metformin, and when I said I'm T1 and don't have an issue with insulin resistance she just frowned. I'll let you know if my two spies report inappropriate medication discussions. It takes a lot to shock me and I was quite taken aback, especially by the fixed doses suggestion.

Anyway 6.4 today after a hypo night, haven't had one of those for a while :(

Morning! 5.4 & another unnecessary early rise. Sun is getting up too early. Can't sleep when the sun is up.
Me too, Mark - I can't stay in bed if it's light! 🙄

Morning all.🙂 10.2 here - been beautifully in range this week, but edging a bit low as well, so overdid my bedtime snack. I haven't had such tight control since dx. Just hope I can work out why and make it last!😉

Happy holidaying (Mark and Lynn), get well soon (Amigo) and congratulations (AJ's other half).😛

Last edited:
I've complained and they have apologised, they say it was a misunderstanding on the part of the nurse about what was supposed to be done (apparently it's about adjusting prescriptions to avoid wastage). I have two friends with type 2 who have been called in for the same medication review so I'll see what they report before I take it any further. It was delightfully ridiculous even for them so I'm hoping it really was a mistake. The nurse didn't even know the difference between type 1 and 2 so I'm guessing she was new (well I hope so), she kept asking me why I didn't take metformin, and when I said I'm T1 and don't have an issue with insulin resistance she just frowned. I'll let you know if my two spies report inappropriate medication discussions. It takes a lot to shock me and I was quite taken aback, especially by the fixed doses suggestion.

Anyway 6.4 today after a hypo night, haven't had one of those for a while :(
Being 'new' is no excuse! She should know her job, or why did they employ her?!:confused: Anyway, I'm glad you got an apology, Kooks, and peace of mind. I look fwd to your spies reporting back.😉

Good morning 7.9 for me. Thank you for the congratulations Bloden 🙂 Get well soon Amigo. I'm glad you got an explanation KookyCat. Have a wonderful time to those of you going on holiday.

Morning all. an 11.7 for me today!
She cant be a very good nurse if she doesnt know the difference between type 1 and 2!!! Hope your spies are useful Kooky.

Good morning all 🙂 and another 7.0 today. Ouch!
It's so annoying waking up early when you don't need to. We've got a dark roller blind which I pull down if I don't have to get up early or after an overnight. It really helps.
Well done to your other half AJ. 🙂

Good morning folks - 7.7 for me today :D

So, you don't actually leave everything to the morning before the 'off', then? 🙂 Hope the weather stays fine for the washing! 🙂

Not able to do that this time as most of the clothing was taken away with us to Crete. Need to be very organised in the van as limited space for everything and as we are going away for 2 months space is a premium!

A nicer 5.9 for me after a sleep in. Must have needed it after all the disturbed nights. The Verve were wrong, they do work! :confused:

A nurse who doesn't know the difference between type 1 & 2 isn't a nurse and needs urgent re-training kooky. Glad you received the apology you so justly deserved though.

Happy holidays to the lucky ones....I'm still trying to get over mine. Physio starts today.

Morning! (Is it still morning... Long day already!!). A 5.4 today for me 🙂. Have a great day everyone!

A nicer 5.9 for me after a sleep in. Must have needed it after all the disturbed nights. The Verve were wrong, they do work! :confused:

A nurse who doesn't know the difference between type 1 & 2 isn't a nurse and needs urgent re-training kooky. Glad you received the apology you so justly deserved though.

Happy holidays to the lucky ones....I'm still trying to get over mine. Physio starts today.

Good luck with your physio Amigo. Hope you dont come out feeling worse than when you go in.

Back