Group 7-day waking average?

Morning everyone 14.1 here :( I hope this doesn't mean the gliclazide has stopped working too. Hopefully I just need a higher dose!

Hope you don't get another cold Kooky... It would be so unfair!!

AJ I managed to avoid freshers flu last year. Lets hope you can too!

Morning all, another 17.5 for me again today. Hoping to learn some more tips that will help bring my levels down next monday and the living with diabetes day.
If you find out anything useful will you let me know too? :D

8.4 for me today! I did a correction dose before bed last night after eating extra carb earlier on. ( it was the home made bread that did for me) Either I over corrected and bounced, or I didn't correct enough. 50/50 chance of either, I reckon.

Morning everyone 14.1 here :( I hope this doesn't mean the gliclazide has stopped working too. Hopefully I just need a higher dose!

Hope you don't get another cold Kooky... It would be so unfair!!

AJ I managed to avoid freshers flu last year. Lets hope you can too!

Thank you Rosiecarmel. I'm sorry to hear that you've woken up to high levels again. Have you got an appointment with the GP or nurse soon?

Good morning everyone though it doesn't sound too good for some of you with colds coming (again) and higher than hoped for readings. Hope things improve soon everyone.
And 6.8 here today. Suffering my ongoing aches and pains but at least the BG is reasonable! 😉

Some mixed fortunes today folks...sending hugs to those who need it.

A 6.4 for me this morning but like you Linda, I wake up and wonder what's ailing me today! 🙄

You manage to keep your morning readings very stable Amigo. 🙂 Do you just control with diet and exercise where possible or any meds? If you don't mind me asking?

Yes it's just diet to be honest Linda, I try to walk as much as I can but I have spinal/joint problem so can't do much organised exercise. I've found losing weight seems to have helped my morning readings which started off in the 8's in Feb. I couldn't tolerate metformin at all even in the short period I took it so the doc agree on the diet route. I am very keen on testing though because I think I'd cheat otherwise. It's like a little conscience box for me!

Not sure how long I'll be able to keep within reasonable limits but I'm trying my best without depriving myself too much!

Warm regards 🙂

Morning all, 5.8 today and so far no more signs of a lurgy 🙂

That's a lovely number, Northerner :D

Yes it's just diet to be honest Linda, I try to walk as much as I can but I have spinal/joint problem so can't do much organised exercise. I've found losing weight seems to have helped my morning readings which started off in the 8's in Feb. I couldn't tolerate metformin at all even in the short period I took it so the doc agree on the diet route. I am very keen on testing though because I think I'd cheat otherwise. It's like a little conscience box for me!

Not sure how long I'll be able to keep within reasonable limits but I'm trying my best without depriving myself too much!

Warm regards 🙂
Thanks Amigo I did think you were controlling by diet only and you're doing really well. It's harder with limited mobility as I'm finding lately. But still seems to be doable as several people on here are proving.

8.2 for me this morning :(

For some reason I nearly always have higher morning readings on Wednesdays - I call it the Wednesday phenomenon. And no, it's not to do with what I eat on Tuesday nights, because I get the high reading on Wednesday morning even when I swop my menu round and eat something completely different on Tuesday. I think it's the diabetes fairy playing silly games, because Wednesday is the day I came out of hospital so my bgl diary week always starts on a Wednesday, and she wants me to start the week with a high (she still hasn't quite got the hang of it, has she? 🙄 ).

Good morning 3.7 after treating a hypo at 1.30am
Not sure what is going on at the moment because I was out yesterday and discovered that my BG had soared to 16.8 for absolutely no reason. My BGs are a complete roller coaster at the moment and I can only assume that it is the gastroparesis. It's now getting very annoying.

Morning lovely people. 5.3 today (could I claim a house special with that much publicised margin of error o_O). After taunting my immune system yesterday my throat stopped hurting, so now I'm suspicious that she's gonna get me when I sleep. She's my immune system after all and we're a bit Jekyll and Hyde, sweet and placid until challenged then sociopathically vindictive in our revenge. What was I thinking 😱

Today I begin the great porridge experiment. I abandoned my porridge last year having found it completely impossible to bolus for, but then I remembered my new mantra, "try less insulin". I'm like reversey percy, do the exact opposite of what a normal human would do and sometimes it works!

Hope everyone has good numbers today, and failing that has a good day despite it all. stitch and Rosie hope those figures drop for you, Rosie I know you're on to it, but Stitch have you nagged your GP about those numbers?

My I'm rambling on this morning, I clearly have a case of the verbals today, I pity those poor folk at work :D

Morning lovely people.🙂 12.6 here AND I got up at 7 - this clock change has messed my BGs up good and proper!:confused:🙄

Morning everyone I'm 11.2 today!

Good luck with the porridge experiment! I love porridge and have always eaten it in Autumn/winter but now I'm scared to! I have a feeling it'll send my BS to the moon! I might just try it one day and see what happens - at least I'll know...

Morning all, a lovely 16.4 for me today!!! It was 15 3 hours after eating last night! I really hope I can learn more on monday that will help bring my levels down> I am the same as you Rosie, I love porridge, especially on these chillier mornings, but am worried that it will send my levels soaring. They are high enough as it is!

Good morning all and I have to go sit on the naughty chair this morning as I succumbed to a piece of apple pie at friends meal last night and 7.7 this morning. Really didn't expect that but didn't check level when I got home so probably went to bed higher too.
Good luck with the porridge Rosie. I'm a big fan as it really sustains my hunger. But it sends me high too so I only have it if I'm feeling rebellious!
Hope you all have a good day

Back