Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone 7.3 for me🙂

Morning! 11.3 for me this morning. I knew I have high BS but I'm getting annoyed that the metformin isn't helping to lower it as much as Ive been expecting... Think my expectations are too high!

Although I should be happy this is one of the lowest it's been recently!

Morning! 11.3 for me this morning. I knew I have high BS but I'm getting annoyed that the metformin isn't helping to lower it as much as Ive been expecting... Think my expectations are too high!

Although I should be happy this is one of the lowest it's been recently!

I'm still concerned for you that it is so high Rosiecarmel :( If things don't improve soon, please go back to your GP and ask him/her when you should expect it to get lower. How long have you been on the metformin now? Do you do any other tests through the day?

I absolutely agree with northerner on your persistent high levels Rosie. I think you need to be banging on the GP's door again soon. It's not good for you hun and I just responded to your post on associated hearing problems.

Push for further advice Rosie.

A 6.2 for me this morning 🙂

Good morning 🙂 it's a weekend 5.2 House Special for me today. Always glad to see an HS appear on my meter 🙂

Congratulations on the HS Flower!
banana.gif

it's a weekend 5.2 House Special for me today. Always glad to see an HS appear on my meter

Hey hey!😛

Morning all.🙂 13.1 for me, a low-GI breakfast and a round of bed-making - still high!:confused: At least the sun's shining so I can get outside and walk it off!🙄

Enjoy the weekend.

A late good morning with a 6.8

Nice HS Flower and hope yours drops with all your activity Bloden (hardly seems fair!).😱

Good morning everyone. 6.3 this morning after some Glucojuice during the night.

I'm still concerned for you that it is so high Rosiecarmel :( If things don't improve soon, please go back to your GP and ask him/her when you should expect it to get lower. How long have you been on the metformin now? Do you do any other tests through the day?

It's been about five/six weeks now that I've been on the Metformin! The nurse told me to test on a morning and an hour or two after big meals to see how it's affected my sugar levels to help gain more control and understanding. I'm going to go anyway on Tuesday about my ear if it's not any better by then so I'm going to ask! I'm really hoping it stars lowering it soon because apparently Metformin is the only medication that doesn't affect your weight and I'm trying my best to lose some!

It's been about five/six weeks now that I've been on the Metformin! The nurse told me to test on a morning and an hour or two after big meals to see how it's affected my sugar levels to help gain more control and understanding. I'm going to go anyway on Tuesday about my ear if it's not any better by then so I'm going to ask! I'm really hoping it stars lowering it soon because apparently Metformin is the only medication that doesn't affect your weight and I'm trying my best to lose some!

What are your post-meal tests like? Do ask whether there is a possibility of a slow-onset Type 1. Being overweight does not automatically mean Type 2, some Type 2s are not overweight and some Type 1s are. It's important to know in order to get your treatment right and get those numbers under control! 🙂

6.6 for me today 🙂

Good morning all 🙂 and I've got one of those whole numbers 7.0!

Morning all.🙂 8.6 here. I must get up earlier!🙄

A 6.1 for me. I have my annual review this week (my first) so fingers crossed.

My GP is being brilliant about providing testing strips but I'm half expecting the nurse to try and reduce them. The battle will commence! :D

A 6.1 for me. I have my annual review this week (my first) so fingers crossed.

My GP is being brilliant about providing testing strips but I'm half expecting the nurse to try and reduce them. The battle will commence! :D

Good luck! If they try and reduce your strips, then tell them that each strip used provides information that helps you manage your diabetes - no-one tests because they enjoy it, and testing to inform your decisions does not make you 'obsessive', nor do the numbers make you anxious or depressed - it's a tool that helps alleviate your fears, not create them 🙂

Back