Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning)moaning! BG 7.8 but can't sleep as macerated wounds on right foot with stingy and painful. Shall I take a painkiller and if so Paracetamol or Oxycodone?

Raining!

Update (+2 minutes) - now have thunder and lightning! (storm emoji)

Tricky to catch lightning on a mobile phone camera but here's the best I could do!

PXL_20240908_021157553.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240908_021510770.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone

BG 5.0

I was surprised last night at the church practice with the new Pastor playing his guitar. Things just didn't seem to go well. It was very frustrating. In the end he pulled a blinder and said I would lead worship and he removed most of the songs on his list. Now that put the cat amongst the pigeons!! I don't lead. I am a quiet person, happy to help behind the scenes. I enjoy doing lectures, teaching, presentations, but this is very different. Challenging, exciting. I will do my best.

There has to be a first time for everything....

His playing style clashed with mine. Never had that before. However, he was kind, patient and very helpful.

2f15c3dc119b30c46c4bbb44afecd89d.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

This morning will be very interesting

GM

5.1 for me.

So much rain, thunder and lightning last night... very, very frightening etc, etc.
Hope you all have a good day.
We are off to the cinema to see Firebrand. Read mixed reviews.

Last edited:
Morning all folks. 5.8.

I’ve had a restless night, so warm. We had a glorious day yesterday, 24 degrees with a very light wind, it was very muggy at times. The GFC went down well. I’m sick of the sight of chicken drumsticks! But the big hit was my coleslaw. I Googled KFC coleslaw, and whilst it wasn’t the original recipe, it was a copycat version. The secret ingredients? Lemon juice and white wine vinegar. I omitted the buttermilk that was suggested, thought that was a step too far. Everyone loved it, except me, I don’t do coleslaw. Or potato salad, which also went down well. Made a lemon drizzle traybake for pudding, that was a bit of a disaster as it fell to pieces when I lifted it out the baking tin! It may not have been pretty but tasted good ( and very sugary)! All in all a good day was had. Today I’m doing a big fat nowt!

Have a super sunny Sunday. Wet here but still mild.

Morning an a 7.4 for me and a higher overnight line and down to 93% TIR as I think my lack of bolus insulin caught up with me.So will fine tune with bit of bolus but my bolus free experiment for last 3 days has been worthwhile as it shows you can change things good and bad and must admit was nice not to have to calculate insulin doses etc.
But I do like my food too much and sometimes if weather is not nice I don’t want to go out for walk straight away so the insulin is always part oft the mix.
So dropping wife and daughter off at airport and then a lazy day home alone.
Weather definitely turned and much wetter today but no storms.

5.8 for me on another damp Berkshire morning and unlikely to get any better according to the forecast. Tumble dryer got a workout yesterday as it was too showery to risk stuff on the line, but still have lots to dry that can't be tumble-dried so our airing cupboard is doubling up as a drying room.

Our eldest's futsal team has a pre-season home fixture today so my wife and I are going to watch. Last season they were having to play their home games in London but this season they've got somewhere closer to home. New season kicks off next Sunday. Hopefully TNT Sport are showing matches live again, as they've done for the last 2 seasons.

@Gwynn - I would have thought that being kind, patient and very helpful were essential attributes for a Pastor......

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Morning

7.7 housework and getting ready for holiday are today’s plans. Also had the storm during the night but I was so tired I got back to sleep quickly.

Morning all, 5.4 here, on my trusty Libre. Dexcom are sending a replacement. When I took the old one off, the filament had an angled kink in it, but I don’t know if that’s normal, if it was the problem, it doesn’t explain why it worked perfectly for the first 6 days.
Rained really heavily around 4am here, but no thunder. I know what my first job will be, today, bale out the garage. Heavy rain always washes stuff off the trees into the gutter over the garage, which blocks, overflows, and the water runs into the back. We keep everything up on bricks in there, just in case. (I mean things like the lawn mower, the car does have wheels!)

A 5.4 for me this morning. 🙂 It's a lot cooler than yesterday.

Dez

5.3 today for me.

Lazy day yesterday and had a chance to play radios. Managed to get a contact with a radio club in Switzerland who heard me loud and clear, so that was good! I’m still amazed at how radio transmissions actually work and someone hundreds of miles away can hear me.

Nothing much planned today other than a visit to my parents and the on-going saga of a break in the broadband line with BT claiming it will be sorted and Openreach doing their best to stay hidden. At least they have been given a mini hub with free unlimited data so they can stay online. Unfortunately Dad is starting to get very confused and this is causing him a lot of unwanted stress. Even when things are normal he forgets how he does things on the computer and claims that something has changed when it hasn’t. Dreading going in a way as he said the other day that Mum’s dementia was getting worse and she had totally forgotten where the breakfast cereal goes in the pantry. Not sure what we will find when we’re there.

@Gwynn - good luck today at church, I’m sure it will go well for you.

Have a good day everyone!

Morning all, a thunderstorm is raging overhead and it's chucking it down! I'm pleased now I didn't water the
garden last night.

Anyway, it's a nice round 6.0 for me today. Have a good day people and stay safe.

Morning all on this dreary day.

The Omnipod 5 PDM (which is now the receiver for the Libre 2 plus) doesn't seem to have a "Logbook" feature and doesn't scan. So to know what a waking figure is you just have to press on the 3 lines, top left and scroll down to "History
Detail" and then choose "Auto Events" and look at the time you remember waking. So when I initially woke it was 7.3 this morning. I find it rather a strange way of going about things. I also can't see my 7, 30 and 90 day TIR - only the TIR for the present day since midnight. Unless someone more au fait can correct me, then I have to say I think the latter is a huge omission in the software.

So, all packed and ready for the off after we've had brunch. It's odd not to be putting straps round the cases and having to think about the liquids in our luggage... just make sure our toilet bags are in the bags we'll be taking on board, so we can shower etc in our cabin in the morning before saying "Bonjour la Belle France".

Have a good day all!

4.1 this morning as I expected the car parts shop have said they won't refund the faulty starter motor so were phoning trading standards int he morning and going back to the shop the manager wasn't in today but the person in charge said it wasn't there policy to refund so not very happy at all

Back