Group 7-day waking average?

Whist I have been incarcerated (there is no other wordn for it) in hospital and residencia) I have been given a Freestyle Libre 2. I am getting on with it quite well but I have a question about fitting a new sensor. I have read the on-line information available and it tells me that the small hole in the middle of the sensor should not be covered over, something to do with it ,breathing. The carers here always place an adhesive strip over the sensor and cover the hole. It is the flimsiesi of coverings and the sensor works well and lasts the full10 days or so. I am hoping to go home at the end of this months having been away for 10 months and wonder what I should do, apply the adhesive covering or not. Can those of you that use this device tell me what you do> Thank you
I always put a strip of micropore tape over my sensor, and I used to snip a little bit out, so it didn’t cover the hole, but it’s a real fiddle, so I stopped bothering and it’s been fine. Micropore is meant to be breathable anyway, so it probably gets some ventilation. I don’t swim, so it doesn’t get immersed for ages, just a bit wet on the outside in the shower, and I’m not a terribly sweaty person, well not on my arms anyway, so it doesn’t have to evaporate much moisture.

Likewise 'damp squid' instead of 'damp squib', although I doubt anyone other than us oldies has any idea what a squib is anyway.
damp squid ... I hope so, being dry would be a very bad thing for the beastie

Whist I have been incarcerated (there is no other wordn for it) in hospital and residencia) I have been given a Freestyle Libre 2. I am getting on with it quite well but I have a question about fitting a new sensor. I have read the on-line information available and it tells me that the small hole in the middle of the sensor should not be covered over, something to do with it ,breathing. The carers here always place an adhesive strip over the sensor and cover the hole. It is the flimsiesi of coverings and the sensor works well and lasts the full10 days or so. I am hoping to go home at the end of this months having been away for 10 months and wonder what I should do, apply the adhesive covering or not. Can those of you that use this device tell me what you do> Thank you
I do not cover mine at all and they usually stick like limpets! I clean my sites with a pre-injection wipe and then a spray of Cavillon, which I get on prescription here in the UK, but there must be something similar in Spain. Just be careful to avoid the sensor when applying body lotion or sun screen.

Thanks for your kind and useful comments @freesia @Eternal422 & @Grannylorraine
the phone call with HR this morning actually went surprisingly well,
she almost seemed caring, very different to the manager who had spoken to me in the manner he had over the last few months, that on top of the new systems we’re working with basically got on top of me last month, earlier today I’ve requested a repeat of something to help me sleep from my GP
so apparently a GP will be phoning me tomorrow.

If I do RTW on Monday, which is my intention, I need to make sure that I'm getting a good nights rest
as I’m on the road (I work in sales)
I thought about not returning to work just yet, and getting another sick note, but I think that will then trigger SSP rather than my salary.

anyway HR made me aware of a BUPA emotional well-being program
that I can access through a Employee Assistance Program so will speak to them this afternoon

Afternoon everyone - meant to post this morning, but got somewhat distracted. So far it's a lovely day, sunny with fluffy cloud, but it can change so fast here in Cornwall.

7.2 this morning which is a tad higher than it has been since being on HCL. I changed my sensor and pod early evening yesterday and now have both on my left arm. I did wonder if the pod was not reading right, but checked it with a finger prick and it was 7.3. Checked again before lunch and I was 9.1 on the Libre and 9.2 on the meter. Don't understand why I am running a bit higher, but at least it proved the Libre is as correct as the meter.

Not doing a lot today, but early evening meeting friends in the local as usual on a Wednesday.

I dunno what the Chiropractor did, but the pain has now moved to the other side of my back, although nowhere near as bad. I think my body is just bones held together by slack elastic bands rather than muscles!

I was just thinking of you @goodybags and about to say HR shouldn't be harrassing you, but then saw your update and I am glad that the phone call went well and that HR were supportive. Take advantage of that assistance programme!

Congratulations to @MeeTooTeeTo on your HS.

Have a good one everyone.

Good morning! A 6.8 afte a flattish night disturbed by phantom pain and weird dreams!

Yesterday's audiology appointment went smoothly and confirmed what I have been saying for two years plus! :( More later

Early doors physiotherapy.today - fourth appointment in four days!

.Beautiful sunrise but a potential red warning.

Screenshot_20240815-054558.png

Morning all. 7.1

And yesterday booked appointment to have bloods taken for hba1c in a couple of weeks.

Lawyer update re CICA. Chased the firm who’s supposedly willing to advise/guide me but nothing back from them. So I’m preparing my own response to CICA which I’ll hold until I have to send it. That’ll give the lawyer time to respond if they’re going to deign to do so.

Theatre yesterday. Riverside Studios. Madwomen of the West. It’s awful. It’s pointless. It’s badly scripted. It’s supposed to be a comedy. The jokes don’t land. It is just uncomfortable viewing. And it’s a waste of a cast that includes Marilu Henner.

I could do with a holiday. I’m contemplating somewhere warm to just go and switch off my brain for a few days but can’t decide where or whether to go luxury or bargain basement. Suggestions welcome.

Morning a 7.4 after another bad night following a high blood day. I'm beginning to think the insulin is not working, I'm using my thigh this week and thinking I should change site and see if it works better. Really don't need another day in double figures despite walking all day.
Hope you all gave a good one

Good morning all. 5.8.

I reduced my evening and morning basal by a half unit two days ago, as I have made a concerted effort to cut down on my carbs therefore reduce my calories and hopefully lose a few pounds. The consequences are I was going low for most of the day. I almost knocked another half off this morning but I’ll hang fire for another day or so. I am eating less than 100 grms of carbs a day, mainly because I have stopped eating chocolate, and reduced my bread intake. Although I did have a toasted tea cake with a wee bit jam yesterday morning when I met my friend. Because I couldn’t pre bolus I shot up to 12! Therefore I have lost my run of unicorns. But 99% over seven days isn’t to be sniffed at. Just hope it’s worth it and I drop the pounds I’ve put on this year.

Good session at osteopath. He doesn’t want to see me for another two weeks. I’ve to rest until Friday then I’ve to start doing some exercises he’s given me, and I can try a short walk. Fingers crossed.

Youngest daughter and her two coming for lunch today, we won’t be getting into the garden though, it’s pouring down and it seems to be set for the day. And yesterday was so lovely, not boiling hot but very pleasant. It’s mild though.

Have a grand day.

Attachments

• IMG_5816.png
    IMG_5816.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 7
Good morning everyone

BG 4.7 my upcomming (Sept) HbA1c should be ok

Weight down again now 70.7Kg just 0.7Kg to go (although knowing me I will overshoot slightly)

Today a meeting with one of the church elders to discuss my first Rota and where I have gone wrong (if I have). Should be a good/interesting meeting. Maybe its the format or presentation ...

846-05646177en_Masterfile.jpg

Not sure about a walk this morning as the skiy is dark grey, foreboding, getting darkerer.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all. 5.3, sun shining but rain forecast later. I'm taking mum out this morning but nothing else planned.

Good morning. 7.3. I knew I should have thrown out that ice cream...

Filthy sort of morning here, wet, windy, cloud sitting on heads. Never mind, it saves watering the pots and the forecast is better for tomorrow. Quite a hot and humid night but managed to sleep through most of it. Oddly found myself feeling lonely yesterday despite a good book - most unlike me! Need to organise a jaunt somewhere interesting I think. Aberglasney perhaps or there is a dig up by Aberystwyth that might be worth a gander.

Plans for today? Might have a run up to the tip later - all my weed bags are full - and take a drive by of a possible house.

@eggyg - hope the back continues to improve and the fight against the dreaded carbs/weight goes well.

Have a good day all.

4.6 this morning were off to get the car serviced and it needs new back brakes got to be at bmw for 8.30 the. Were out for the day with whatever loan car they lend us hubby hoping for an m3 carbs are going to be a problem today sandwiches at lunch and fish and chips on the way home tonight I forgot to have my insulin yesterday morning ended up 3 hours late so have to adjust the time today and get back to the time I want to take it have a good day everyone e

Back