Group 7-day waking average?

I’m a bit like that too. Although never used them but you hear such horror stories.
As @Pattidevans says, read the reviews carefully, checking dates, as you would with anything else. The ones we have stayed in have been lovely. Clean, comfortable and just what we've wanted, usually self catering. Younger daughter always stays in them wherever she goes around the world and she's never had a bad one either. I suppose its the same with wherever anyone chooses to stay, whether its hotel, b&b, self catering, you will always get good and bad.

We sometimes go with booking.com as well, simply because you don't need to pay deposits and you can cancel last minute without losing any money.

I finish where I started after 4 hours, 9’s, & in the 6’s by hour 5 when I cooked & ate lunch! Yesterday in hour 6 I dropped lower to 5’s & cooking dropped me to the 4’s.
Sounds like you have too much basal on board. Have you done a basal test at all?

Sounds like you have too much basal on board. Have you done a basal test at all?
I’ve been thinking that too but, it’s inconclusive because I still get stranded & stuck on too high a reading, just gradually getting stuck a bit lower now on 8’s! I did think of trying going -2 to 76 tresiba & see what happens? But, do that after the weekend & get advice from DSN on Monday?

It’s still complicated & unclear as to what’s going on & it’s not a simple solution!

But, one thing is DEFINITELY VERY CLEAR: insulin without food doesn’t work: no food corrections absolutely doesn’t work; tried pre probolusing & I go even higher, into 20’s, then, get stranded sooner & stuck on higher readings, 11/12’s as I resist, doctors called it tolerate, the insulin. So, definitely inject NR when I eat & not before as it actually gets to start working albeit slower than carbs in the first hour.

Protein is completely different in that I’m trying to find a balance between not going too low as NR, slower as it is now, is still faster than the protein & not getting stuck on higher BS because protein also keeps releasing for longer after active NR & if left too long, I’ve tried sleeping through it when BS is stuck, it goes goes up even further! I haven’t found out yet how long protein keeps releasing? I HAVE noticed now that it’s after a protein meal, if I haven’t gone low in the first place, that BS gets stuck: if something keeps happening under the same conditions; I’ll start to notice it albeit with everything else going I’m a bit slow to catch on!

I’ll keep trying different ways & see what works?

There are lots of things you can put in your salads to make them less boring, rocket, watercress, radishes, mangetout, celery, raw courgette, raw green beans, cabbage as well as cucumber, lettuce and tomatoes. A pumpkin or sunflower seeds can add a bit of crunch.
Definitely, we do have lots of things in salad. They are never the same or boring. Also tonight I did my own stir fry. My salad today was about 20 Carbs on its own so I am glad I am not having to go so low per day.

As @Pattidevans says, read the reviews carefully, checking dates, as you would with anything else. The ones we have stayed in have been lovely. Clean, comfortable and just what we've wanted, usually self catering. Younger daughter always stays in them wherever she goes around the world and she's never had a bad one either. I suppose its the same with wherever anyone chooses to stay, whether its hotel, b&b, self catering, you will always get good and bad.

We sometimes go with booking.com as well, simply because you don't need to pay deposits and you can cancel last minute without losing any money.
I use Booking.com a lot. We once booked an amazing B&B in Bruges which it turned out was also advertised on AirB&B and also a gîte in Giverny. I feel safe with them and as I’ve booked a lot I get Genius discounts. Plus as you say quite often you pay when there. I also like HolidayCottages.com, their accommodation is always amazing as they have very strict rules for owners and have very regular check ups. A good friend works for them so I get all the gen.

Late today! 4.3 this morning for me after a little 2am correction again. Oh well, it is what it is!

Not really caught up on here, so hope everyone is well!

I’m still making mistakes today as it’s dawning on me how MUCH carbs & portion size affect me now: MUCH more like than type 1 ever before; just a LOT MORE RESISTANCE than ever before as well!

Heading off a hypo with a hurriedly cooked lunch that sent me into the low 4’s that needed coke before I ate to get it above 5 the, already cooked by that point, lunch of breakfast fry up & injected, I dithered there as I didn’t know 48 or 44, & went with a compromised 46NR after eating: coke to consider; AND another “Don’t panic! Wait & see!” With an additional “Remember! Highs often follow lows because of the treatment”!

Just left message with DSN asking if DAFNE courses are available & will it help me considering that as a type 2 resistance is STILL a big factor?

All these mistakes are helping me learn anyway albeit the hard way!
It must be so so difficult, thank fully I am okay that way. Hope it stabilises soon.

Definitely, we do have lots of things in salad. They are never the same or boring. Also tonight I did my own stir fry. My salad today was about 20 Carbs on its own so I am glad I am not having to go so low per day.
What have you put in your salad that has made it 20g carbs, I am thinking I must be underestimating mine.

What have you put in your salad that has made it 20g carbs, I am thinking I must be underestimating mine.
okay ,I was naughty and had half a satsuma and 2tbs mayo as I had like a coleslaw.
so here is my items and the count
Tuna 0 carbs
1 large tomato 7.1
red cabbage 3.3
Spring onion 0.2
Hellmans Mayo 1.0
Satsuma half 2.4
Red pepper 0.8
Carrot 6.1
Total + 21 carbs
Still not a massive lunch and I still think healthy.
The diet I am following is https://www.lowcarbprogram.com
I have done it myself not referred to by GP or district nurse but originally was confused and thought it was this site as its Diabetes. co.uk just not Diabetes.org.uk

I calculated a while back that my usual mix of salad leaves, cucumber, peppers, cherry toms and radish is a fraction over 5g carb but I always have something like fish or an omelette with it, plus a dollop of coleslaw. Even then it's not much more than 10-11g carb overall.

Good Morning . accu chek 6.7 Have a good day

I calculated a while back that my usual mix of salad leaves, cucumber, peppers, cherry toms and radish is a fraction over 5g carb but I always have something like fish or an omelette with it, plus a dollop of coleslaw. Even then it's not much more than 10-11g carb overall.
Eventually I will get portion control right to tweak things but even so 10g per meal is good to aim for but thats 30g . To be honest as long as my sugars are down this for me is a good winner. Hubby said to me your doing well this time . So that in itself is Praise indeed. Its been much better this time. 1. because i told him food was killing me. 2. It was a self inflicted route to continue to hospital. knowing sugar high and doing nowt. 3. Id cook two meals if he hated it. So far he has even cooked the recipe only he adds his things. last night he had noodles cooked extra so no hardship in that A lot of meals are for three so i get a third and he always ate more than i do and i eat some meat not a lot but thats usually free anyways. I do cook vegetarian too.
i will miss my cake in the coffee shop , take away tonight and my crisps but that is a small sacrifice.
Visiting friends will be the most difficult when they cook but Ill avoid that as much as possible.

Good morning everyone.

Would you believe it another 5.2 yesss. I am a bit tired of houses so I would like a doer upper castle please.

BP 120/77
Pulse 52

We see to have adopted a small family of squirrels. They may be nesting in our roof. I kind of like them but some consider them as pests.

I May have to buy a new computer for recording songs as my original has completely died sadly. I will spend some time 'researching' suitable ones. Thankfully my laptop that I use to analyse food/health/stuff is ok.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

Good morning everyone.

Would you believe it another 5.2 yesss. I am a bit tired of houses so I would like a doer upper castle please.

BP 120/77
Pulse 52

We see to have adopted a small family of squirrels. They may be nesting in our roof. I kind of like them but some consider them as pests.

I May have to buy a new computer for recording songs as my original has completely died sadly. I will spend some time 'researching' suitable ones. Thankfully my laptop that I use to analyse food/health/stuff is ok.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

Good luck with researching a laptop. I brought a new Dell about 14 months ago and had been very pleased with them a decade earlier. I will not be getting another as battery life is not brilliant and the charger is still the same clunky one of a decade earlier. The charging cable is also very heavy and in some situations can pull itself out. One extra I got that I really love is a back-lit keyboard. Worth its weight in gold on these dull days as you can keep going longer without turning on the lights. I would consider HP next time.

@Gwynn I know you like a challenge but this isn’t too bad. Quick lick of paint and it’s the perfect Cornwall castle.
IMG_1047.jpeg

@MikeyBikey I made the mistake of buying a Chromebook last year when my ancient laptop finally gave up the ghost. I’d done my research but clearly not well enough.
It seemed slick and looked ok but took forever to do anything. It also died after about 8 months. Got a full refund and stumped up the cash for a MacBook Air (an overstock item at John Lewis’) and it’s fantastic. I recommend them.

Back