Group 7-day waking average?

6.7 for me today. Disappointed that I had to put my Levemir up by half a unit last night but it was clearly a good decision.

My lovely neighbours opposite my stable yard are moving today and I am so going to miss them. :( We have been neighbours for about 20 years and really couldn't ask for better. Had a lovely hour visiting them last night to say goodbye. Hoping the new people are even half as nice but a bit apprehensive....Neighbours can be a blessing or a curse! Hope I get the former.

Was it Cockermouth? That was the only Travelodge in the Lake District at the time. They’ve just built one or building one somewhere in the south Lakes I think. I lived near to Cockermouth when I was a child and went to school with a great x4 ( or there abouts) niece of William Wordsworth. That’s my claim to fame, apart from booking Gregor Fisher ( Rab C Nesbit) a villa in Crete! He lives just over the border.
I don’t think it was. We’d have been giggling at the name often and I’d have remembered that.
I know it was north of the magnificent Tebay services so I’d have thought maybe Kendal?
I’ve looked through photos but can’t find any of the hotel.

Morning all. 3.8 this morning and 4% in the red over the last 7 days. Totally ruined my TIR but we've had a nice time.

Currently, we are sitting in warm sunshine (sheltered from a cool wind). The sun is sparkling on the sea and the sound of the waves crashing is really calming. I shall miss that sound when we go home tomorrow.

@Gwynn congrats on the HS.
@ColinUK have you thought about looking at airb&b? We use them a lot now as i can only have school holiday times and everything is so expensive. We've found them to be cheaper than cottages.

@freesia I’m not sure I entirely trust Airbnb. I’m not sure why I don’t think I do either but it’s an option.

@freesia I’m not sure I entirely trust Airbnb. I’m not sure why I don’t think I do either but it’s an option.
I've read a few horror stories too but can honestly say we've stayed in 3 or 4 now and they've been lovely.

I don’t think it was. We’d have been giggling at the name often and I’d have remembered that.
I know it was north of the magnificent Tebay services so I’d have thought maybe Kendal?
I’ve looked through photos but can’t find any of the hotel.
I won’t say what the local nickname is for Cockermouth is, I might get banned! 😛 Clue: three letters starting with N, add A, then another three letter word that rhymes with the first and starts with G and is a slang word for mouth!

Well! Breakfast went pretty well although, I had my doubts when I went up to 18.7 pretty fast but, came down fast too:-

IMG_1258.png

Just finished lunch of, did you guess breakfast fry up?, with 36 NR as, once again, I finish significantly lower than I started & it continues dropping after 4 hours so, I’m now questioning, always in libre logbook notes of my thoughts at the time, since NR is definitely delayed in starting to work, why I go so high so fast, does this mean the active duration is prolonged too? :confused:

Also, asked what do I do about that if that’s the case: not conclusively certain yet; it’s happened over the last few days though so, it’s starting to dawn on me? Do I step down each meals’ NR or do I have a snack in between meals? I tried stepping down with lunch. Also, I’m not completely certain about my earlier conclusion of able to have completely carb free protein meals without me going low & since I have half a can of coke left, going flat in the fridge from yesterday, I had that along with my lunch as well! See how that goes? :confused:

OR there’s this option that I DID think about briefly but, REALLY don’t like is reduce NR even further, go up EVEN HIGHER, to finish at where I started? I thought of that because sooner or later when I start waking on lower readings, I’m feeling optimistic, that will be more of a problem as I won’t have as much room to drop! :D That is not a Big Grin but, me Gritting My Teeth In Anxiety emoji!

Afternoon

7.3 this morning, still got this awful cough and cold, just can’t shrug it off, tempe is back to normal and not so much aching, but still so congested, tight chested and coughing.

@Gwynn - congratulations on your HS.

yes they are a recipe on the diabetes. uk diet plan i am on . recipe makes 6 and each are 7g of carbs which i really don’t think is high as thats all i eat at one breakfast time . i freeze them. id get fed up of Yoghurt and can only gave half a small tub or it spikes. Dont like brunch too often as its meat. i tend to have omlette or eggs other days but like those at lunch more. So its a treat breakfast.
i am only eating choices of the menu other than when i do salad. which is usually leaves tomato cucumber and either tinned tuba , cold meat , cheese or egg.
i like the recipes they count but i aim for aroubd 60 g per day highest dont always achieve that . The lowest i do achieve is 30g but not chosen just happened. i am more into enjoying what little we get .
Yes the Newcastle would help but to buy shakes hubby not a believer. . So no.
i have chosen to stick with strips too. Ill just have to be in the dark. Yes i know in the morning nowt i will do about that dump but did i want to know during the rest of the day.
Another 6 weeks then ill have an HbA1c and see what that returns for me. That should help me more then by 6 month check hopefully …,

I don't think it was really meant. i too should apologise everyone is kind I am just still .,. yes your right too many things change it.
There are lots of things you can put in your salads to make them less boring, rocket, watercress, radishes, mangetout, celery, raw courgette, raw green beans, cabbage as well as cucumber, lettuce and tomatoes. A pumpkin or sunflower seeds can add a bit of crunch.

Good afternoon all. 7.3 earlier.

@Grannylorraine I've got that too. Nightmare. :( Feeling very sorry for myself. It's August, it shouldn't be allowed! 😡

Also, asked what do I do about that if that’s the case: not conclusively certain yet; it’s happened over the last few days though so, it’s starting to dawn on me? Do I step down each meals’ NR or do I have a snack in between meals? I tried stepping down with lunch. Also, I’m not completely certain about my earlier conclusion of able to have completely carb free protein meals without me going low & since I have half a can of coke left, going flat in the fridge from yesterday, I had that along with my lunch as well! See how that goes? :confused:
How long before eating did you take the NR? Also, in the absence of carbs your body will convert protein and fat into glucose.

Afternoon all.. another changeable day, but mostly cloudy.

7.6 this morning. Sigh!

Went to see my friend who has just been dx with Angina yesterday afternoon. She looks washed out. She said the hospital was awful - she was in a ward for 6 ladies and there was a corresponding ward for 6 men. The shower in the ladies ward was broken, the men's ward had a working shower, but no screen, so had to be guarded to stop men wandering in when ladies were showering. The Gent's loo did not work, so they had to use the one in the ladies' ward. She has been prescribed statins, BP meds and baby aspirin plus the spray. She does not like taking any drugs but as I said to her, nothing there to worry about really. I wouldn't take a statin, but it's not my place to discourage her.

@eggyg & @ColinUK We have stayed in a lot of Airbnbs but always go for self-contained self catering ones. We have had one poor one in Seville, threadbare towels and sheets & a touch grubby (not so much that we couldn't bear to stay) but that's all and the majority we have stayed in have been superb. Just read the reviews carefully. The only reason I prefer booking.com is that you don't pay a booking fee (like you do in Airbnb) and don't have to pay extra for cleaning which you sometimes do in Airbnb. And for that matter we got one horror through a cottage agency once.

@Grannylorraine - I am 2 weeks down the line with the same thing. It's not so bad now, just coughing up gunk first thing.... but that's it thankfully.

Congrats on your HS @Gwynn

Have a fab Friday all...

Phew! Lunch held up pretty good! Just after 4 hours BS started in the 6’s & finished in the 7’s. Two hours mark was borderline on BS 8.4 but, held up! Now see what happens in the next couple of hours before dinner? BUT, I DO note that was with liquid carbs in the half can of coke so, definitely need to cut the dose if completely carb free: maybe two thirds or half dose; or have a slice of toast? 🙂

Fingers crossed & don’t jinx it! See what happens befor dinner & after? :confused:

Back