Group 7-day waking average?

Good afternoon all. Bright here inbetween showers. Have planted some Christmas spuds. 🙂 Have a good day all.

@Nayshiftin all you can do is your best every day. Thats what i do and suspect most people do. Try low carb your way, you can reduce it as and when you feel ok about it. As i say, do your best and don't feel down when the numbers aren't what you want. We all get those, just pick yourself up and carry on. Take care.

Didn’t think I’d get a call back from DSN today but, just did & NR to be reduced to 40 across the board! I already ate dinner just about after 4 hours of NR after lunch & put in 36 for safety!

DSN says DAFNE may not as applicable to me as a type 2 but, will get the dietician to contact me & help me adjust to/work with all the new changes that food affects me now?

Oh! Almost forgot! I asked, in libre notes, if it was the insulin that was making me eat so soon after lunch & yes it is & that’s why NR is reduced to 40 now!

Here I am battling to keep BS up! Too many factors to consider at once when BS is falling: can’t remember all of them when trying not to panic; obviously SHOULD have gone with 44 as forgot protein is slower to release! 🙄

Not to worry! Just threw in the towel at just over 2 hours after NR on fingertip BS 5.2, been madly pricking & scanning for about 40 minutes since I hit the 5’s, with a JB & waiting 10/15 minutes, as long as I can stand it, & have a biscuit! Ten minutes at 14:35, 15 minutes at 14:40!
@Lanny, just a thought, but I find Dextro tablets a LOT faster than JBs for fixing lows. So they reduce the wait and also as they are not as nice as JBs you are not tempted to overdo the dose. I loathe the blackcurrant ones but the orange ones taste OK.

Funeral today. My brother’s father in law died early yesterday morning.

Been looking at cottages/bothys for a quick get away but August prices are absurd and I’ve very little time to slot a back in between say next week and the end of September. Not so sure I relish the idea of a week in a remote off grid bothy at the start of October for double or triple the cost of a week in the sun somewhere so I might look at doing that instead but what I want is a quiet break away from everything and a sunshine break might not scratch that itch. And then I’m stung by single occupancy rates.

Tomorrow is the London Meet Up and a train overtime ban so I’ll be at the Shakespeare’s Head in Kingsway, very near Holborn tube and not far from Charing Cross, City Thameslink, Blackfriars, Farringdon or Waterloo train stations. Hope that some others do turn up and I’m not Jonny No Mates!

Good morning everyone

BG 5.2 yessss. How about a house in the trees in a forest?
BP 117/74
Pulse 53

I completed the church song sheets yesterday. Phew what a tough job that was. Now back to keyboard practice again.

Today a bit more restful. 1/4 of a small pizza for tea. Excellent

My friend had a difficult day yesterday. Upstairs front room soaking wet (roof problem) and seriously bad toothache. Thankfully both sorted by experts....for a price.

Yesterday I had to pick up my meds. One was missing. They couldn't get hold of it...for the third month in a row. I had spares but they are now running out. So the pharmacist suggests why not switch to an alternative that they can get. Ok. Ahh but you have to go through the GP first....what???!! Why not just switch if it is the same???? Time to jump through hoops. So today I have to tackle the almost working NHS system. Wish me luck...

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

Last edited:
Morning folks. 6.4 and it’s damp! We had a half decent day yesterday until mid afternoon and the rain starting bouncing off the ground. I just happened to be in the shed getting some potatoes and was stuck there until it slowed down! TBF my shed is right at the back of our 40 meter long garden, I wasn’t being a total wimp and I only had slippers on my feet!

The hordes expected between 8.30 and 9.30. Hence the early hour as I won’t get any peace now until tomorrow evening! Praying for the rain to stay away so they can at least run around the garden or we can go to the river or park.

@ColinUK the price of accommodation in the UK is ridiculous. We’re hoping to go to Cornwall September/October. As I have very high standards, we’re looking at silly money. I could go on a weeks cruise to the Med for the same price, with all my food included! I don’t want to go a cruise but that’s not the point! I’m hoping once the children are back at school they might reduce the prices a wee bit. I’m holding my nerve, it’s not easy!
@Gwynn congrats on your HS.

Have a fab Friday everyone.

@Gwynn I know it’s not a forest but will a game park do?
IMG_1035.jpeg

Here’s a close up of the treehouse. Rangers are contactable 24/7 should anything get too close for comfort I’m assured.
IMG_1036.jpeg

Morning folks. 6.4 and it’s damp! We had a half decent day yesterday until mid afternoon and the rain starting bouncing off the ground. I just happened to be in the shed getting some potatoes and was stuck there until it slowed down! TBF my shed is right at the back of our 40 meter long garden, I wasn’t being a total wimp and I only had slippers on my feet!

The hordes expected between 8.30 and 9.30. Hence the early hour as I won’t get any peace now until tomorrow evening! Praying for the rain to stay away so they can at least run around the garden or we can go to the river or park.

@ColinUK the price of accommodation in the UK is ridiculous. We’re hoping to go to Cornwall September/October. As I have very high standards, we’re looking at silly money. I could go on a weeks cruise to the Med for the same price, with all my food included! I don’t want to go a cruise but that’s not the point! I’m hoping once the children are back at school they might reduce the prices a wee bit. I’m holding my nerve, it’s not easy!
@Gwynn congrats on your HS.

Have a fab Friday everyone.
I know! It’s ridiculous! Honestly I’m struggling to find anywhere in the UK for less than roughly double what it’d cost me to stay somewhere really rather beautiful overseas with guaranteed sunshine.
I quite fancy finding somewhere quiet in your neck of the woods but I don’t want to be in a lodge near a handful of other lodges dotted around a field or a lake. I want isolation. But of course I want that isolation to be within walking distance of a decent pub and village shop :rofl:

Funeral today. My brother’s father in law died early yesterday morning.

Been looking at cottages/bothys for a quick get away but August prices are absurd and I’ve very little time to slot a back in between say next week and the end of September. Not so sure I relish the idea of a week in a remote off grid bothy at the start of October for double or triple the cost of a week in the sun somewhere so I might look at doing that instead but what I want is a quiet break away from everything and a sunshine break might not scratch that itch. And then I’m stung by single occupancy rates.

Tomorrow is the London Meet Up and a train overtime ban so I’ll be at the Shakespeare’s Head in Kingsway, very near Holborn tube and not far from Charing Cross, City Thameslink, Blackfriars, Farringdon or Waterloo train stations. Hope that some others do turn up and I’m not Jonny No Mates!
I'm hoping others will turn up and it goes well. Would love to have been there but lack of trains into London from the south coast is a factor. Guess I'll just stay and watch the rain and listen to the wind... Have a great day.

Good morning everyone! 4'3 today.

Again the 6:30 am start, but last night I was all relaxed and convinced that I started 8 am. Thank goodness I was texting my work friend about something else and he asked "who starts tomorrow 6:30, you or me?". I thought it was him, went to double check the rota and boom...I would have been in trouble this morning! Tho I'd also be more rested :D

I went on Trainline and my train tomorrow doesn't seem to be affected, fingers crossed.

I know! It’s ridiculous! Honestly I’m struggling to find anywhere in the UK for less than roughly double what it’d cost me to stay somewhere really rather beautiful overseas with guaranteed sunshine.
I quite fancy finding somewhere quiet in your neck of the woods but I don’t want to be in a lodge near a handful of other lodges dotted around a field or a lake. I want isolation. But of course I want that isolation to be within walking distance of a decent pub and village shop :rofl:
You’ll never get isolation in the lakes in August! It’s carnage! You could always wild camp! 😛

You’ll never get isolation in the lakes in August! It’s carnage! You could always wild camp! 😛
I’m just gonna pitch up in your garden!

Back