Group 7-day waking average?

6.0 this morning, after yet another turbulent sugar night (I'll take the blame for two thirds of the debacle). Got a bit greedy with an Easter egg and ate more than I'd bolused for, so added some more on after. Not as greedy as I thought (despite, I thought, carb counting, but I think I had a correction on board from an afternoon rise post snack before dinner but anyway), and had a hypo. Fixed and was in the 5/6 range by 9pm. Feeling very tired after the night before, I headed to bed about 9.30/10 ... woke up at 11.30 to find my sugars again at 14, with my high alarm not switched to override silent mode. o_O Felt the hypo happened enough time back for this not to be an overtreat (very rarely do I overtreat ones these days anyway) so going to put it back to the dreaded hormones. Got it back down quite fast but definitely rage injected that one, had the low alarm and had to have some jbs at 1am. I also added in extra basal by 1u as chickened out of my 'higher' dose (which I gave earlier than usual) after my hypo.

Might give the higher basal dose and do it earlier, see if it saves the spike somewhat tonight?

Sun is out here ... have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
5.5 for me today. 🙂

Dez

I’m easing back on routine daily testing for a while.
I was chasing the numbers and when they were good I was using that as an opportunity to allow myself to scoff things I really ought not.
So I’m just easing back in the obligation to test every single morning without fail.

Today I did test and got 5.6 though!

Partly it’s because of stresses from dealing with the estate still and getting frustrating updates from the police about ongoing matters.
I just found I was getting super stressed and needed a break from the numbers. I didn’t need a break from this place and you wonderful people though!

Good morning - 6.7

Had a letter from the ICB, a copy of what they sent to the consultant about dexcom funding. I go to a hospital in a different county to me and a different ICB so the funding has had to go through the one where I live… that explains a lot

And I'm happy with a 4.7 this sunny but windy morning.

Had my 1st annual review yesterday and the DN is happy with my progress and now so am I.

I'm off in a few minutes to take Wifey's car in for a safety recall check - should be interesting.

5.0 for me today.
Feeling hopeful its a sign my body is finally getting over this flu once and for all. (still have a little mucus on my chest). Will stop adding in a guesstimate on top of my boluses and see how that goes. Doing it sensor less so going to be a fun few days 🙄.

Anyway nothing much planned for today. Son is off work (he worked the holiday weekend so they are off today instead) so will see if he ropes me into anything - we are midway clearing out the shed. Got a lot of housework to catch up on too.
...but first...time to enjoy my coffee :D x

11.2 for me. Had a lovely meal out with my friend yesterday lunchtime but had a battle afterwards both with my levels and cravings and with the weather being so naff, I wasn't inclined to head out for a walk which would probably have helped settle them both. I have upped morning basal by a couple of units as well as evening increased and will get out and swing my legs today.... rain or shine... no excuses! Not happy about having to use so much insulin so need to do something about it.

Congrats to @Gwynn and @MrPixels on your House Specials today.

Sympathies to @pawprint91 and @Eternal422 on BG turbulence. Keep plodding on and doing all the right things it will settle down again for us soon.

Morning

7.8 today, feeling a bit congested in my throat again. Enjoyed Only Fools and Horses last night, but it has taken it out of me, so lots of rest today.

Congratulations @Gwynn and @MrPixels on your HS today.

@ColinUK sending you virtual hugs.

Morning all. New sensor, activated last night, shows 8, finger prick 5.6. Hopefully it will settle and get a bit closer in numbers. That probably explains the two spikes i had to 15 overnight, despite 5u before bed and a 6 mile walk yesterday. Today we are out walking again so will have to finger prick as well as scan to make sure numbers are right.

Congrats to @Gwynn and @MrPixels on your HS.

Morning all. 5.6 for me this morning. Did manage a 100% in range yesterday. For about 20 minutes. Then a low alarm started to go off . Twice yesterday. So I've reduced my bolus by another unit . Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day folks

I just looked it up and it was your Oak Birthday. Considering you have gas your Diamond and Platinum ones Oak seem a little droll! Hope you has a good day
Maybe something to do with ships? Didn't England build ships with oak back in the day. We ruled the waves... good ol' oaks. 🙂 Trees worth their weight in diamonds and stuff.

7.7 today. Have a good day all.

Morning all. Wind has dropped and the sun is out (for how long?) I am convinced I am living next door to @TinaD as far as weather is concerned!

5.7 this morning. Surprised it's not a lot higher as I had to take 2 Co-Dydramol at 4:30 due to the pain in my ribs.

Really got to do some housework today as we have guests for lunch on Saturday (If @eggyg wasn't off on her hols I would rope her in to do the cooking!). Also got to finish off the lamb and lentil soup I started yesterday.

@ColinUK by all means don't test, but don't abandon us here... I so enjoy your posts.

Congratulations @MrPixels and @Gwynn on your HSs (again!)

Not happy about having to use so much insulin so need to do something about it.
Sorry if this is a silly question ... I'm guessing this is a personal choice/feeling and it doesn't matter how much insulin we use? I only ask as I'm always worried I'm using too much/little!

Sorry if this is a silly question ... I'm guessing this is a personal choice/feeling and it doesn't matter how much insulin we use? I only ask as I'm always worried I'm using too much/little!
I used to worry but not any more. I need what i need to get through the day.

Back