Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all... more grey, no snow.

7.7 this morning - for an unknown reason I rose slowly to 10 in the night and came down again. I'm still coming down. Must see if this is a pattern and if so fiddle with the hourly basals again.

Not a lot on today, just go to the nearest M&S to pick up a sweater I got in the online sale and maybe find some new trousers. Also make soup and cook calves liver for dinner.

Wishing @Grannylorraine a wonderful day and congratulations to your daughter. Dying to see photos.

@eggyg, glad to hear your granddaughter has bounced back.

Did it damage a shed or did they have it stacked outside? Hope the latter as a new shed will not be cheap.
It was stacked at the top of their lonning, so just damaged their fence. Their lonning is .25 mile long and they can’t see it from their house. Luckily a neighbour driving by alerted them. Easy pickings in a way, but they’ve always kept it there as it’s next to the ewes field, and it’s such an isolated area no one passes by without a reason.

Attachments

• CCDFFA1A-6D4E-42D4-8988-23414CDE355E.png
    CCDFFA1A-6D4E-42D4-8988-23414CDE355E.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 15
It was stacked at the top of their lonning, so just damaged their fence. Their lonning is .25 mile long and they can’t see it from their house. Luckily a neighbour driving by alerted them. Easy pickings in a way, but they’ve always kept it there as it’s next to the ewes field, and it’s such an isolated area no one passes by without a reason.
I’m sorry your daughter and family have had such a bad experience. It wasn’t a case of spontaneous combustion, was it? There was a big fire round here at one time, which after fire service investigations, was found to be spontaneous combustion caused by wet hay and dry hay being put together.
I had to look up 'lonning' and discovered it’s a Cumbrian term. I found this delightful blog on the subject. Never say the forum doesn’t serve to educate its members.

5.8 this morning and now resting my shoulder which at the moment is ok but was aching last night and first thing this morning. Although officially off sick I did offer to be available for the odd phone call or Teams message to help out if I can. Probably breaking all sorts of HR rules, but I feel guilty at not being fully working.

@Grannylorraine - hope you enjoy the day at your daughter’s wedding!

No snow here, in fact some sunshine now. Come on Spring! You can do it!

Have a good day everyone!

I’m sorry your daughter and family have had such a bad experience. It wasn’t a case of spontaneous combustion, was it? There was a big fire round here at one time, which after fire service investigations, was found to be spontaneous combustion caused by wet hay and dry hay being put together.
I had to look up 'lonning' and discovered it’s a Cumbrian term. I found this delightful blog on the subject. Never say the forum doesn’t serve to educate its members.
We thought maybe spontaneous combustion but we’ve hardly any rain for weeks. It was delivered last week, and it’s been frosty for most of that time. Who knows?
Loving the article about lonnings, it never crossed my mind that not everyone would know what I meant. Every day’s a school day.

Loving the article about lonnings, it never crossed my mind that not everyone would know what I meant. Every day’s a school day.
I'll read that later, I didn't know that word either but I assumed the English forum members would! It's interesting how language can vary from one region to another in any country.

Good morning, well, afternoon! 5'4 today.

Taking it easy, it's my day off and the weather is not tempting for a walk, which I usually go for. I just put a load of laundry and I'll probably do a little cleaning. Could do with some food shopping as well. I plan to call my parents later on the day. Some former co-workers suggested to go for a drink tonight but I don't know if they actually will, they usually cancel. I'd join but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Oh, and a girl I mentioned in the forum around one year ago, when she blocked me, just sent me a hello this morning. Wonder what she wants. I don't want to give much attention or mental energy to this person, considering I might say something that she doesn't like and she might block me for another 10 months...

Interestingly I was just going to say that we call them Lonnens in this part of the country (which is explained in that article) and in fact I walked up one of our remaining local lonnens on my walk today.... Whinney Lonnen. The term tends to be reserved for unmaintained roads and green lanes these days.

Spontaneous combustion tends to happen when the hay or straw is newly made, baled and stacked together when it is still a bit "green". It shouldn't happen at this time of year, when it has matured and dried out over winter, even if the outside of the bales then get a bit wet.

Anyway I thought I would join in with the winter scene photos of my walk earlier. Glorious blue sky and sunshine to go with our white covering and there was some power/heat in the sun but made it a bit tough on my old eyes without sunglasses...
IMG_20230310_123203647_HDR.jpg

I was checking the Lidl app and...

1) it's the Iberian week in my store, which means Spanish and Portuguese products.

2) they have those chocolate praline hearts back for mother's day.

Guess that's my Friday evening sorted :D

(No worries, I'm getting veg and healthy stuff too...)

I was checking the Lidl app and...

1) it's the Iberian week in my store, which means Spanish and Portuguese products.

2) they have those chocolate praline hearts back for mother's day.

Guess that's my Friday evening sorted :D

(No worries, I'm getting veg and healthy stuff too...)
Just had a look at the Iberian week, a bit disappointing . Nothing that they don't have at any other time, other than perhaps the chouriço.

I'll read that later, I didn't know that word either but I assumed the English forum members would! It's interesting how language can vary from one region to another in any country.
Should we have a debate about what bread rolls should be called? :rofl: :rofl:

Went to bed on a 5.1 and got up on a 7.4

Good morning everyone

BG 5.4

My daughter (and family) is coming over for the day tomorrow. A rare treat. I am looking forward to it.

Had a really good, long practice on my keyboard last night. Enjoyed it.

However, today just a walk planned with my friend. Maybe a bit more practice but that room is cold!!!

Yesterday we had snow, unheard of here, and I went out at 6:30am to get a few pictures. My fingers were very cold by the end of the hour out. Strangely the white snow was not slippery at all, but the roads where the snow had slightly melted were lethal!

A4.jpg
A3.jpg
A2.jpg
A1.jpg

A5.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Back