Group 7-day waking average?

4.5 this frosty morning for me.

Got my DSN appointment at 2pm via phone today, which still seems to be on as my hospital trust is not affected by today’s strikes.

Had a local handyman around first thing to replace an outdoor mains socket that had broken - so nice to have someone wrestle with armoured cable and get it done for me, well worth £20! Great guy to know, he is a fireman and fits in local work between his shifts.

Shoulder was really aching over the weekend, so I’ve reduced the exercises to the original 3 and it is starting to ease a bit this morning. I guess recovery is not a straight line and there will be the odd set back.

Glad everything went well with your friend coming around @Gwynn, lovely to hear.

Take care everyone and stay warm!

Good morning! 5'7 today.

Yesterday I finally uploaded my Libre data to the computer and I'm impressed with all the information you can get in LibreView. I'll try to record my basal injections as well. I don't think is essential as I know I'm taking it every day and it's the same dose, but will be nice to have this information in the report so it's more complete.

Last night as I was coming back from work a woman asked me something, I think about buying some drug. I wasn't sure if I heard well and as a non native speaker I have the automatic response of "sorry, what?", sometimes coming out of my mouth too early. She said "nevermind, carry on" so I kept walking. I heard she said something about money and then "go back to your f***ing country!". Sigh...seems to happen to all of us at least once 🙄

Morning all - thank goodness, another bright and more or less windless day!

7.3 this morning. I think I might have an answer to the Libre2 problem which doesn't involve buying a new phone. I will start a new thread. At least I am beginning to see a pattern and a way I may be able to iron out the bumps in the night.

Had a nasty experience last night. I stood up from the sofa, turned left to walk between the sofa and the coffee table and fell flat on my face, grazing my bottom lip on the carpet. Not entirely sure how it happened except that my feet seemed to tangle together. Not long before I had taken BP and it was low for me, though I don't think it was the cause of the fall. Fortunately I missed the sharp corner of the coffee table and there was no permanent damage, but I was winded and shaken.

Well, today looks like a day to finally get the ironing done... it's been lurking for over a week! There are enough leftovers from the stuffed pork, creamed spinach and butter beans for dinner tonight. So I don't have to cook.

@Grannylorraine Wooo hooo... well done on the 10K run.

@Gwynn pleased to hear your entertaining went well last night.

@eggyg also glad to hear the ankle is healing.

Have a good day all.

Last night as I was coming back from work a woman asked me something, I think about buying some drug. I wasn't sure if I heard well and as a non native speaker I have the automatic response of "sorry, what?", sometimes coming out of my mouth too early. She said "nevermind, carry on" so I kept walking. I heard she said something about money and then "go back to your f***ing country!". Sigh...seems to happen to all of us at least once 🙄
Leaving aside the drug issue. Her comment on "go back to your own country" makes me furious at how small minded people can be! It's a global world these days and better for it... a far cry from when I worked in Spain during the Franco era when I got jeering comments from soldiers as I passed their barracks... which I had to do to get to my friend's parent's apartment where I was staying.

I get it here too, I was once halfway up a ladder in the street fixing a minor problem on the wall and a man came and dragged to ladder from under me causing me to fall, along with 'why don't you go back to England, we don't want you here?'
They want the money I spend though.

5.6 for me this morning but graph says I had a very minor excursion into the red about 6am. Not concerned about it but no unicorn for me today.

Many congratulations to @Grannylorraine on completing the 10K.

Congrats to @khskel on your House Special because of course you trust the device which gives you that reading, over anything else 🙄.

@Elenka_HM Sorry you had that nasty experience. Sadly there is a small minority of ignorant people almost everywhere in the world. Hope it didn't upset you too much. I think it is unnerving enough being approached by a druggie in the first place without the abuse.

@Pattidevans Very sorry to hear about your fall. That is really concerning. Hope you don't feel too stiff and sore today. I can understand it rattling you. You made mention of your BP medication not being quite right yesterday, and falling after standing up is a common thing with BP, so I would think that is the most likely cause, but obviously you know how you felt at the time. Fingers crossed it was just a one off. This getting older lark is still better than the alternative though.

I get it here too, I was once halfway up a ladder in the street fixing a minor problem on the wall and a man came and dragged to ladder from under me causing me to fall, along with 'why don't you go back to England, we don't want you here?'
They want the money I spend though.
I'm sorry you had this experience, in your case was not only insulting but physically dangerous. As we say in Spain "idiots are like rocks, you find them everywhere".

@Elenka_HM Sorry you had that nasty experience. Sadly there is a small minority of ignorant people almost everywhere in the world. Hope it didn't upset you too much.
I know, it happens everywhere. In Spain and in my own family I hear bad comments about immigrants, I always thought it was sad but even more now that I see it from the other side.

Did you have breakfast before your walk? If not, it’s the old dawn phenomenon or foot on the floor. As soon as you started to stride out your liver will have thought “WT..blooming heck she’s had nowt to eat since yesterday and she’s moving, better chuck some glucose at her to give her enough energy to catch her breakfast”.
If you did eat breakfast, it was probably because there’s a Y in the day, you had the wrong coloured jumper on or because that’s the old diabetes just being awkward! 😉
If it’s any consolation, any exercise will help in the long run. You may find your BGs are lower tomorrow. X
Oh no I hadn't had breakfast so that must be it. And yes my BGs were better the next day.

Evening all. 6.4 @ 8.12am tad chilly this morning wasn't it? Took ages for the white to melt.

Gonna watch about The Cloud now, at 8. It worries me. :(

Morning all. 4.5 (libre alarm) then an hour later 5.2 (cereal bar induced - was a drift not a plummit so left the JBs alone and went back to sleep)

I love and hate being up so early. I would rather be asleep of course but no one is up and I feel like I have the house to myself, even the dog is crashed out :D

Bonjour. Wide awake ridiculously early with a coughing fit so tested and got a 7.6 which will fall over the next few hours I’m sure.

Opera tonight. Tannhäuser. I have two tickets as I’m treating the friend who sometimes can’t venture out. He’s not sure if he’ll make it tonight or not. We’ve already spoken about his anxiety and it’s ok if he can’t make it. Of course I’d rather he can but I understand if he can’t or if he gets there and has to leave at the first or second interval.

Either way it means there’s an incoming Colin’s Cultural Corner post tomorrow!

Morning all. 7.8 today. I’m assuming it’s high as I’m up ridiculously early ( but managed a unicorn day). Woke at 3.45 feeling quite refreshed and thinking it must be sixish. I was in bed before 10 as I nodded off on the sofa whilst reading. Tossed and turned and decided to just get up! Fighting a losing battle.

Our last day of childcare for a couple of weeks, it’s been joyful, and exhausting having her three days a week, we’re ready for a rest. We had to laugh yesterday, put her up for her usual nap about 2. Normally she settles well and we have an hour or more respite. Not yesterday. Five minutes in we heard her singing Baa Baa Black Sheep, then it was “ Gaga, I not sleeping!” When we mentioned it to daughter she said oh forgot to tell you she hasn’t napped the last couple of days! Oh heck! 😳

I’ve finally got rid of my paperbacks, had three very happy people round to collect them yesterday. They had seen my ad on Olio. Anyone want a bookcase? 😉

Have a great day.

Good morning - 10.4

This last week has just turned into a right disaster with my numbers - no clue why

Good morning 5.4 today

busy day at work yesterday, and outs of work was busy to, as had a few updates on the bungslow yesterday that we are buying.
last Thursday we received notification from the auction company the sellers builder has completed the remedial repairs follloing the water leak,
so I think wisely I’ve instructed a surveyor, then dependent on what his report says we can move on,
we were originally due to exchange contracts back on 15/01 then complete 15/02, we will see what the survey suggest.

happy Tuesday everyone 😎

Back