Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all - another grey day here - 80% chance of rain forecast and currently 6C

7.3 first thing, but I went to bed on 8.5 after butter chicken, rice and a couple of small bits of Peshwari naan, so I'm not too disappointed.

Nothing much on our calendar today, except I shall do some cooking for the freezer.

@Wannie, I think you should also have some compensation for the discomfort and stress caused by the incompetent boiler engineer!

@Michael12421 wrap up well if you are going to venture out!

@eggyg sorry to hear the ankle is still giving you pain... rather than over-exercising it shouldn't you be giving it a rest?

Have a lovely Friday everyone.

Morning all - another grey day here - 80% chance of rain forecast and currently 6C

7.3 first thing, but I went to bed on 8.5 after butter chicken, rice and a couple of small bits of Peshwari naan, so I'm not too disappointed.

Nothing much on our calendar today, except I shall do some cooking for the freezer.

@Wannie, I think you should also have some compensation for the discomfort and stress caused by the incompetent boiler engineer!

Have a lovely Friday everyone.
In discussion with them at the moment, have had an interim payment for electric I had to use for fire in living room, and heaters upstairs, and have to let them know what gas has cost this last week as I warmed house back up. Its been a nightmare but we're getting back to normal 🙂

5.0 for me this morning at 4.45am before dashing over to sons to look after my granddaughters and get oldest ready for school, DiL's shift had overrun, I will need a nap this afternoon 😉 :rofl:

In discussion with them at the moment, have had an interim payment for electric I had to use for fire in living room, and heaters upstairs, and have to let them know what gas has cost this last week as I warmed house back up. Its been a nightmare but we're getting back to normal 🙂
Arghhh... we had a similar up and downer with South West Water when they upped the water pressure causing leaks all over our old house.... they wanted us to claim for the redecoration from our Insurance. We said no, it will increase next year's premiums... eventually they gave in and we got a large ex-gratia payment. Good luck with the discussions.

5.5 this morning for me.

Shoulder is now absolute agony :( even with the 2.32% Voltarol @Pattidevans. I’ve been able to book a chiropractor appointment this evening at 5:30pm so hopefully that will be a start in making it better.

Have a good day everyone!

Morning all. And a House Special with a side order of a unicorn day. 🙂

Had to laugh yesterday, I finally succumbed, after much pressure, to sorting out my books and getting rid of some. At the last count I had about 500 books, mostly paperbacks that I pick up in charity shops, Tesco, The Works etc. no first editions or classics. I won’t read them again. Last week I discovered the Ziffit app. You scan the barcode and it tells you how much you’ll get for them. They don’t take everything, I suppose they will have too many of some. I zapped 42, packed them into two boxes and DPD picked them up for free yesterday and I will soon have £25 in my back account. Better than nowt. My friend Ann popped round for a visit later on in the day and brought me five books! Oh dear! I’ve hidden them from Mr Eggy! He’s fighting a losing battle I would say. :rofl:

Nice quiet day today, for me anyways, Mr Eggy got loads on, I’m staying in all day. Strip the bed, make fishcakes for tomorrow’s tea, and then probably read one of my remaining 463 books! 😛

Have a good day. 🙂
5 is less than 42 so you still decluttered :rofl:

you could always try putting the ones that Ziffit didn't want on an app like Olio, or or Freecycle/Freegle. Or get Mr Eggy to make you a box for your front wall/border to set up a Little Free Library!

It was 5.1 for me this morning when I got up but only because I injected 2 units earlier for a 9.9 where I had been for most of the night by the looks of it. Somehow managed to keep it below double figures and the first night n ages that I haven't needed JBs or been woke up multiple times by alarms so I will take that as a positive. I did have rather more peanut butter at bedtime than I should have but was really sick of the low alarm and I am only 4 days into having alarms. TIR is better than it has been for a while though at 93% for those past 4 days and only 4% below so Libre 2 looks to be helping but at the expense of my sleep.

Morning all 5.1 for me . Alarm did sound at 4.30 was a 4.1 so not to bad a couple of jbs . Shopping day today . So not a major dog walking day . Only need another 40 miles to do and I've walked to the Earth's core . That's nearly 4000 mile . Not bad in 16 months since I've had this phone . Was hoping to have done it before end of December.. Only gone through 3 pairs of boots 5 pairs of socks and 2 pair of feet

still just about morning.... was going to post earlier but had a call that I was supposed to be at a meeting, had forgotten I had agreed with my Team Leader I would go to it though usually Friday is my day off... fortunately they agreed to send me a virtual link as I don't live near enough to have got there in a reasonable time. There was then a comedy of errors with interpreter problems, and the meeting is now rearranged (to a day I do normally work) so at least I haven't had the hour driving for a short meeting. (Though maybe if I had not forgotten and got to the meeting for the original start time in person it would all have been worked out sooner?)

5.3 this morning, and 5.1 a bit over 2 hours after breakfast - I had a protein yoghurt (accidentally bought one with sweeteners) and a small piece of cheesy bread & butter pudding, total 21g carbs.

Last edited:
It was 5.1 for me this morning when I got up but only because I injected 2 units earlier for a 9.9 where I had been for most of the night by the looks of it. Somehow managed to keep it below double figures and the first night n ages that I haven't needed JBs or been woke up multiple times by alarms so I will take that as a positive. I did have rather more peanut butter at bedtime than I should have but was really sick of the low alarm and I am only 4 days into having alarms. TIR is better than it has been for a while though at 93% for those past 4 days and only 4% below so Libre 2 looks to be helping but at the expense of my sleep.
I'm the same 3 days with alarm working but it's a good thing I suppose. I live on my own so it's not much good slipping to far. This dogs not as good as my last one . She would lick my face when I was hypoing . The pups only 19 months . These new sensors are good . Hopefully no more collapsing and losing two or three hours . With something cooking in the oven

5.8 after sleep

Late today, but only worked3 hrs this morning, so needed to make sure I got everything done I needed to.

Anyway 7.3 today, off for my daughters hen weekend today, starting with a very civilised meal tonight, then daytime activities followed by cocktails tomorrow evening, but I won’t stay too long there. Be. Ice having a weekend away even if it is only 45mins drive from home.

I won’t be posting until Monday, so have a good weekend everyone.

5 is less than 42 so you still decluttered :rofl:

you could always try putting the ones that Ziffit didn't want on an app like Olio, or or Freecycle/Freegle. Or get Mr Eggy to make you a box for your front wall/border to set up a Little Free Library!
Good idea. I’ve just downloaded the Olio app. I do try and donate back to the charity shops but there’s nowhere to park as they’re all in the centre of town. Plus, I box them up stick them in the hall and they sit there for months as we walk past them everyday. Olio is a much better idea, they come to you or I could suggest a central meeting place, like a supermarket carpark. I’ll get on to that tomorrow when I’m grandchild free! Cheers.

Unexpected Cultural Corner.

Took myself off to the Cezanne exhibition at Tate Modern this morning.
I saw all the paintings. I read all the cards identifying them. I listened to the audio guide. I’m more convinced that I just don’t get the cultural significance of his work.
It doesn’t transport me to anywhere new. It doesn’t make me curious about any of the subjects.

Only these provoked an emotional response.

Attachments

• 4578C798-CA3D-4BFD-8F8B-4945792B6E34.jpeg
    4578C798-CA3D-4BFD-8F8B-4945792B6E34.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 07397583-8420-42F7-9C5B-E0BAD75FC016.jpeg
    07397583-8420-42F7-9C5B-E0BAD75FC016.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 13
  • B1A990F2-9B45-4956-901A-DF3130E630B6.jpeg
    B1A990F2-9B45-4956-901A-DF3130E630B6.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 13
Unexpected Cultural Corner.

Took myself off to the Cezanne exhibition at Tate Modern this morning.
I saw all the paintings. I read all the cards identifying them. I listened to the audio guide. I’m more convinced that I just don’t get the cultural significance of his work.
It doesn’t transport me to anywhere new. It doesn’t make me curious about any of the subjects.

Only these provoked an emotional response.

Evening all. 5.1 this morning and i've stayed in range all day so far. Not sure whether i will tonight though as we're out for a meal so it will involve guesswork.

Good evening! Kept postponing my post. My BG was 5.something this morning.

I am back to wear tights at work after a period of not caring, to be a bit warmer. And I find an extra advantage now: I can keep my Libre reader hold in the waist of the tights and covered with the waistcoat and skirt. So far it seems pretty secure. Only incident was yesterday when it fell down the tight and it would look a bit...huh, inappropriate to get it out in public haha.

Tomorrow I finally have a morning off, after 4 days of breakfast and dinner shifts back to back. Some guests started to ask if I ever go home! :rofl:

Good morning 6.9 today

have a great day everybody whatever your doing 😎

Back