Group 7-day waking average?

6.1 this morning after a bad night thanks to a painful shoulder / neck.

I’ve had this before and a few years back ended up going to a chiropractor, so I at least know what exercises I need to do to free it up. Dosed up with ibuprofen, done one set of exercises and trying hard to work but sitting at the computer doesn’t help my neck much :( Lots of exercise breaks needed today as I want a better night’s sleep tonight!

Hope everyone has a good day.

And on this frost free morning it’s a 5.7 for me.

Morning all - very grey and dull, but no evidence of frost - phew!

8.9 this morning after a poor night's sleep caused by Libre alarms going batty... 4.3 despite a piece of stollen before bed and 2.5 hours of -20% basal done at bedtime. At 01:30 I put a -30% temp basal for 4 hours, clearly too much. My diabetes control is shot to hell... down to 70% TIR with 29% above.

Off into town this afternoon to meet friends. Have half the Costco butter chicken curry left for dinner when we get home. Just some rice to prepare. Much as I love cooking from scratch sometimes it's a relief not to have to do it!

Sorry you're so stressed @ColinUK - wishing you better.

@Eternal422 ouch! Is it a trapped nerve in your neck? I've had that a couple of times and it's blooming painful!

@Elenka_HM good luck for your breakfast service this morning.

Have a good day all.

Hello everyone - where do the days go and how have I been AWOL again for so long? I had my HbA1c done a couple of weeks ago and as I suspected it's gone up quite significantly, due to me trying to pretend I'm not now diabetic in the evenings. I've got a telephone appointment with the surgery diabetic nurse tomorrow. She's lovely and very switched on but I'm expecting that she'll look at the numbers and say that I should start the insulin that they first prescribed in March last year, but then told me not to start using because I very quickly got my BG coming down. It was Humulin and I was going to take one lot (sorry I can't remember how much) in the evening so that it was a slow release through the night. I really don't know whether to give in and say yes, I'll use insulin or to buckle back to low carb and no sweet things and control it just with metformin. The consultant when I saw him seemed really positive that I could carry on without having to start insulin with the third of pancreas that I have left because I had got my HbA1c down to 52, but this last one was up to 68. A little bit of advice, experience would be great. Do any of you "only" use insulin in the evening like has been suggested for me? Sorry to be so needy xxx (good news though, my cholesterol has gone right back down to 4.1 from the low dose statins that I've been on for the last 3 months)

Morning, just about.

10.1 when I got up this morning, did eat chocolate yesterday evening, so that is probably why.

Note to self, must to better.

Sending virtual hugs to those who are stressed, I am there with you.

4.1 for me this morning and a seconds unicorn day in a row yesterday...IMG_20230125_110928790.jpg
Unfortunately it will not be 3 in a row as I blotted my copy book with red last night... well this morning. Alarm caught the first 2 hypos at 2.19am and 3.26am and I had 1 JB each time fully expecting that would deal with it as I had reduced my evening Levemir by another unit, so now just 2 units. Unfortunately I just went back to sleep each time without doing a 15min finger prick and the second time my levels didn't bring me back up above my alarm level of 4.2, so consequently I continued in the red without warning until I woke up on what Libre said was 2.9. Don't think it was really that low but didn't have my test gear up at Ian's with me and can't be bothered to use it anyway, as it doesn't like the cold. 2 more JBs got me through to morning, when I was still dropping but couldn't be bothered to eat any more JBs (only had 1 left!) so got up, usually that is guaranteed to lift levels but Libre said I dipped to 3.9, despite me not injecting any bolus insulin as I normally do for FOTF. A coffee and some slices of Brie with cranberry and orange sauce and half an hour later I was 9.2 with a vertical upward arrow and high warning alarm going off. Sharp fixed that with 3 units! Still coming to terms with the different algorithm on the Libre 2 compared to Libre 1. It is not huge but definitely noticeable when levels are changing direction quickly and the Libre 2 lags more in that situation, because it predicts the previous trend hence the 3.9 reading when I was likely already on my way up.
@TinaD Can totally relate to the hay seeds and strands and wood bark situation. My Gtech deals with it once a week. No way am I trying to keep on top of it on a daily basis. Even the strands of hay on my pillow that fell out of my hair overnight just get swept off onto the floor to be dealt with at the end of the week. Life it too short! Just as well Ian shares a similar lifestyle! I remember a friend having to get undressed in the porch when she got back home from stables because her husband wouldn't allow her in the house in her "dirty, smelly" clothes!
Hoping to get some hoof trimming done this afternoon, so I have brought my hoof knives down home to sharpen in preparation.

@ColinUK Sending (((HUGS))) and more (((HUGS))) for @MikeyBikey too

@Elenka_HM So proud of how you are managing to take everything in your stride at the moment, what with your diabetes and stepping up to such big responsibilities at work, especially as a young woman so far from home and working in a second language! It is really impressive. Go girl Hope it all goes smoothly this morning and the "big bosses" are suitably impressed too. How could they not be!

@zippyjojo My thoughts would be.... life is too short to keep trying to restrict your diet to manage it, especially when you have no hope of putting it into remission and no weight to lose from what I remember.. You have the offer of insulin, so use it. Chances are you will need it sooner or later anyway and starting it at this stage will allow you to get used to the basics with small doses first and also take the strain off your remaining beta cells, which are clearly struggling.

@Eternal422 ouch! Is it a trapped nerve in your neck? I've had that a couple of times and it's blooming painful!
Not sure, I think it is more the muscle going into spasm. Probably a mixture of bad posture and ageing!

5.5 this morning, 6.1 fotf, verified with fp test
This sensor seems (knock on wood) one of the more accurate of the bunch

Good afternoon. I have been away from here for a little time but am now feeling slightly better.
Pain is still causing problems and not helped by intense cold. Trying to stay positive but at times it is difficult.
My sister whom I have not seen for 3 years has decided to visit me in April to help me celebrate (??) my 80th birthday so that is something to look forward to. Missy still gets her two walks a day and sometimes I have to go the shops or pharmacy which makes me very tired but needs must.
I hope that you all are keeping warm.

Afternoon all . Bit late today was 3.8 this morning. But at least my alarm on sensor now working as I remembered this time to use my phone first instead of libre one scanner. Means I now have alarms but no back up . Just had bloods done . Send them off . May get a phone call in February like last year . Blood pressure good . Unfortunately put a stone on since last lear . Have to get that sorted . Hope everyone is doing well ❤️‍

10.5 I feel asleep before testing last night oops

@rebrascora congrats on the unicorn day.

@Michael12421 good to see you posting again and glad you're feeling slightly better.

@eggyg i'm sleeping straight through the night. It just never seems to be enough.

Has anyone heard from @Lanny? I hope all is ok.

Back