Group 7-day waking average?

Happy Christmas everyone.
Pleased to report I survived the build up to the festive season and now I can start destressing. Feels like a weight has been lifted already.
7.6 for me this morning and a wiggly horizontal line overnight which I am very happy with as we ate really late last night (9.40pm) including a mince pie with cream at 10.20pm, so lots of bolus insulin still active at bedtime but somehow, I managed to keep in range, which I feel was quite a spectacular success based on sheer skill! 😎 ... or more likely a lucky accident🙄 My 3 mince pie experiments in late November obviously paid off. 😉
I also managed to keep in range for my lunch today although I got tongue and lip tingle mid way through the meal and had to quickly scran all my cranberry jelly to head off a hypo (it was either that or eat a JB mid meal), but Libre isn't showing me as having breached the red line, so another spectacular success! @khskel I am also on a new sensor today but not my first Libre 2 as anticipated but my penultimate Libre 1. Think this sensor and I are going to get on well if it's first few hours are anything to go by.... Fingers crossed.

Lovely to see @Lanny posting again and many congratulations to our House Special Christmas Champions @Gwynn and @MeeTooTeeTwo.

Hope everyone has had a lovely day with friends and family. Now a whole year to enjoy before we have to do it all again!!
Phew!!

Meery Christmas. I'm not sure what my wakeung level was as I'm not sure if i actually fell asleep probably after some blood sugar. Woke up about 4 or 5 this morning at 20 after being on a nice 7 when I went to bed guess the culprit clue it was a take away. But over corrected and got down to 2.4 And before backfast(that being a couple of chocolate bars but hey its Christmas.)

Had my main scoff as a late lunch as is the family tradition. Indulged in a few carbs alongside the duck, piggies and greens - rice ball stuffing and roast butternut squash. Eschewed pud, mince pies etc. BG 2 hours later 7.1 which has to be a good score for Christmas Day.
One heartless friend left home made pies - butter pastry and brandy in the mince - but I hastily donated them to my Ukrainians lad and thanked him gratefully for a beautiful hand drawn card and a punnet of blueberries - he at least understands that I can resist anything but temptation.
Hope everyone having a good day.

Merry Christmas you lovely lot! Hope you've all had a lovely day! 🙂

Well my first Christmas dinner was an absolute success even if I do say so myself lol xxxx

Merry Christmas everyone! It is late, but I made it :D

Waking BG was 6.0, tho it seems a bit irrelevant being almost 15 hours ago. It's been a long day. Ten hours of work with some chaos in the organisation, it was exhausting. Luckily we had many lovely customers, I got compliments on my snowflake earring and my English, and there was this nice festive vibe.

Got home knackered, the place was empty, I confess I put an emotional song and cried a little bit. Later I managed to see part of my family via videochat, which made me feel better, and had my Christmas dinner at almost 9pm. It is not the roast that's traditional here, nor the 5 course meal we served today at work, but I had the menu in my mind for weeks and I actually enjoyed it. To my own surprise, I'm not having any dessert. Now is time to drag myself to the shower and get some sleep before boxing Day, another busy one.

Hope the ones that celebrate have enjoyed it and the ones who doesn't, have just had a pleasant day. And to anyone who is struggling or have difficult emotions around this time, a big hug. Good night xx.

Attachments

• IMG_20221225_211408.jpg
    IMG_20221225_211408.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 18
Sleep well @Elenka_HM, hope tomorrow is a bit easier on you sending (((hugs)))

55% time in range for today. Expected much worse to be honest.
I went for an epic nap and woke up at 10pm (wups).
Going to get some more soup and then my pudding which I skipped (sugar free jelly and cream). Hopefully will be able fix BG and not pick at the leftovers 😎.

Been a very chill day with just myself and the kids & heading out to visit people tomorrow :D

Merry Christmas all. 6.8 phew less said the better. ❄️

Good morning everyone.

Great day yesterday. Preps and cooking from about 6am. Meal was very good. Worn out by the end of the day.

Today my daughter is coming to see us. No turkey for her as she ( and her family) are vegans.

Troublingly my back and hips are killing me this morning. Nasty stabbing pain. I can hardly walk !!!

BG 5.6 this morning. High for me. Might be the tail end of my cold coming back to bite !!!

I think today will be quieter, except for my daughters daughter...

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

06:40 BS 8.0

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Oh dear! Typed a bit wonkily there, needed corrections, with the needle still in me one handed: woke up absolutely starving & stomach protesting very loudly so, a quick trip to the fridge for the last batch of yesterday’s pasta, ate the ready meals throughout the day & there’s just one beef mushroom left now, & ate it cold just after testing! 🙄o_O:D

It’ll be a bit warmer in the kitchen once the sun comes up, hopefully, later & I’ll cook a mushroom omelette, maybe? OR just ding the last ready meal? :confused:

Was watching the Strictly Christmas special around 01:00 when I was awake after a bit of sleep: couldn’t hold out to after 17:00 to watch it live after my very early start yesterday; then, straight back to sleep again, more or less! 🙄 Craig was in great spirits & some VERY high scores were given out AND the return of Bruno Tonioli in a song & dance number at the end!😛 I didn’t know Bruno could sing!o_O

Also saw, earlier in the day while most of you lot were scoffing the BIG MEAL around 1pm, the 2020 film of Emma on iPlayer starring Anya Joy Taylor! I LOVED the soundtrack, songs & music from the start but, must say I thought the bare bottoms scenes were completely unnecessary: “WHAT!” I thought in a Jane Austen film? But, apart from those two scenes, rather enjoyed it even though I spent most of the film wondering WHERE I’d seen that actress before, she was excellent as Emma: finally got too much & paused it to google her & was very puzzled by the list of things she’d done until near the bottom of her acting cv was The Miniaturist on the BBC. Watched the rest of it & it’s on a par with the Gwyneth Paltrow film way back in 1996! The music, songs & soundtrack is SO colour & vibrant as is the film itself; I recommend it! 😛

Edited to add:- Oh dear! Am I drunk after finishing all that Shloer Celebration Pink Bubbly?; SO many corrections needed after reading the post after pressing the button! 😱 :confused::rofl:😉

Last edited:
Well it’s a Christmas miracle. 5.2

Eat the big meal in the evening yesterday which is traditional for us. Mum made lots of “diabetic” desserts which I didn’t have any of as I didn’t have pud at all.

Was the last day of Chanukah as well so we were mainly celebrating that whilst my ridiculously long Christmas playlist provided musical accompaniment to the actual Uno tournament.

Leg is painful today though. Quite likely that’s from sitting in a dining chair for six hours or so.

Mum’s asked me to help her make bread this morning so I’ll do that and head home this afternoon I think.

I’m looking forward to making some kind of left over veg hash thing for breakfast!

Have yourselves a good day folks and love ya all!

Morning all, 7.4 here, reduced basal a tad too much to compensate for the alcohol, thinking back, I didn’t drink very much at. all, we use the 'posh' glasses we got as a wedding present on high days and holidays only, and they are quite small. Modern glasses have got a lot bigger!

Morning 7.8 for me. Not too bad after food yesterday. Only one sweet thing - a mince pie.

Have a good day one and all.

6.4, which I’m ok with considering the many different things I ate yesterday, oh, and a couple of bottles of champagne between us! Didn’t have Christmas pudding as we both had enough after dinner, saving that for another day along with my nice bottle of Aloxe-Corton, trouble is my wife doesn’t like red wine so I’ll have to see if I can keep it to have a couple of glasses each night once opened.

Congratulations @ColinUK on your HS!

Hope everyone is ok. Take care.

Good morning - 9.3

Well done @ColinUK on the HS. Just missed it by 0.1 with 5.1 🙂

Dez

Back