Group 7-day waking average?

Good afternoon. All that I have eaten today is one biscuit and that was at 6am. I have had 2 walks with my dog and done little else except sit at the computer ordering Christmas presents. My dinner is about to be prepared and my reading is 15.1. I don't understand why this should be, Can anyone enlighten me?
It seems there are a few of us experiencing this. I think @Colin g had problems yesterday and it has happened to me this afternoon.
I was busy up at the yard mucking out and trimming horses hooves, then tacked up Rebel and went to check my levels before I set off and i was 13.9 😱 and rising at 3.30pm when I had been 7.2 and steady at 1pm and not eaten anything since about 10am. Not eating lunch is normal for me and my basal generally holds me steady and I definitely had my basal this morning so no idea what is going on. Anyway, I stuck 4 units in and headed out on Rebel and I am now 7.4 and coming down still, so my insulin is definitely working. I have however suddenly started sneezing and streaming just now which I thought was coming into the warmish house after being outdoors but perhaps I am coming down with a cold. :(

After a flurry of calls and emails between the GP and the hospital I’ve been given an appointment.

Anyone want to guess what month it’s for?

After a flurry of calls and emails between the GP and the hospital I’ve been given an appointment.

Anyone want to guess what month it’s for?
This doesn't sound good, guessing you're going to have to wait a while:(, May?

This is for an “urgent” surgical consult.
30th December.

I’m perhaps guilty of expecting too much too soon from the NHS regarding hospital consultations. It’s not their fault they’re overstretched I know.

I'm going with February.... probably the 29th .... No idea if it is a leap year next year but that may be their get out clause for the next appointment falling through..... Sorry, didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer.... just not got much faith in the NHS situation at the moment and will no doubt get worse through the winter again.

I think the mention of an "urgent" referral tends to make you think it might happen sooner rather than later, so I don't think you were being unreasonable in your expectation.

I think the mention of an "urgent" referral tends to make you think it might happen sooner rather than later, so I don't think you were being unreasonable in your expectation.
Especially when I was told that the longer this waits the more complex it will be and the higher the risk of making it worse.
Silly me thinking that meant that would make a difference.

Of course what did make a difference was kicking up a very polite fuss today.

I’ll wait for the physical letter to be in my hands and the appointment to show on my NHS record and maybe I’ll kick up another fuss and see if that can’t get it moved up somehow.

This is for an “urgent” surgical consult.
30th December.

I’m perhaps guilty of expecting too much too soon from the NHS regarding hospital consultations. It’s not their fault they’re overstretched I know.
Not good but better than I thought! Have you been given the name of the consultant who heads the clinic? If so phone the hospital and ask to speak to his secretary, in my experience they can often move/make appointments that others can't.

Not good but better than I thought! Have you been given the name of the consultant who heads the clinic? If so phone the hospital and ask to speak to his secretary, in my experience they can often move/make appointments that others can't.
Not yet. I’m hoping that will be on the letter.

Iif you say you could attend at short notice you may get a cancellation appointment.
That’s my intention. I’ll call the secretary and explain I’m available at very short notice to come in if they have cancellations.
It might be also to do with getting a slot in the MRI as well I guess.

Good morning. 5.7 today. Chilly enough for me to put on CH. Pottered about yesterday building compost pens, a slow job given the strained back but the exercise helped keep the muscles moving and a long hot soak in the bath afterwards also helped. I've seized up a bit overnight but am planning a similar sort of pottering day to free it up.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Morning folks. A rare foray into Fiveland with 5.9. A very nice, slightly wiggly, straight line, if you know what I mean. 😉

Today I am mostly determined to do a big fat nowt, apart from a load of coloureds and making the tea. First free Saturday for weeks, looking forward to watching Strictly live and not having to keep off social media ( and here) incase of spoilers. I’m a simple soul. :rofl:

Best dash, I’ve nothing to do and I’m starting now. Have a great Bonfire/ Guy Fawkes night. 🙂

9.9 this morning. Then again I’ve been awake since 4:30 and only just checked so who knows what my actual FOTF reading today was!

Back