Group 7-day waking average?

Looks like it is me! A very disappointing 10.2 this morning and after copious amounts of Fiasp when I woke up (6.5 units so far instead of my normal 3.5) plus my full dose of 24u Levemir despite a run yesterday, I am still waiting to eat my breakfast and the descent has stalled at 7.2. I am holding out for an optimistic kick in the tail from the Fiasp but in reality I am going to need to inject more..... My yoghurt will go off if it sits around at room temp much longer! I am pottering around in the house in the mean time (plenty of housework to do 🙄 ) because I know that if I head out I will get distracted and the next thing I know I'll be hypo.
Bummer! Just tested again whilst typing and levels are on their way back up again at 7.9. Another shot of Fiasp going in and looks like my breakfast will actually be lunch!
My next HRT patch is due and I think that is having an impact. I have halved the dose (1 patch a week instead of 2 a week) and whilst that is keeping symptoms at bay it is looking like my BG levels rise towards the end of the week before I apply a new one.

Delighted to report I achieved the Wordle "triple triple" as I got it in 3 again this morning. (breath on fingernails and polish on lapels emoji).... Talking of verbal emojis, the queen of them @Lanny is MIA again. Hope you are OK Lanny??

@eggyg.... What I wouldn't give to be one of your grandchildren!! Do they realize just how lucky they are! I never knew either of my grandmas and the only grandfather was a grumpy old man from what I can remember! My older cousins sadly have the same recollection of him, so probably an accurate description. Certainly not something you need to worry about!
I didn’t know my grandmothers either. One grandad was an alcoholic and the other was an old man when I was born and sadly developed dementia, I didn’t have a relationship with either of them. Yes, my grandchildren are very lucky to have lots of grandparents between them who adore ( and spoil) them.

Just seeing a mention or 2 of prescription reviews….I’ve never had one, not ever . I see the date on my prescription of when it’s due but nothing ever happens. I see this year it’s due at the start of December. Is it just me
Nope, its not just you. I've never had one either. The last time i went to see the GP about something else, i said that there were items on my repeat i no longer needed. He told me to make an appointment for a review. I wouldn't have minded but i had a 10 min appointment slot and it took 2 mins. Surely he could have done it then. I haven't bothered making the appointment and they haven't chased me to.

Incredibly I learned today (after the surgery did a bit of digging) that my blood has disappeared and the lab has no trace of it !!! Very disappointing. No test results.

So I have to go back to the vampires again next week. Not my idea of fun.

Bit fed up over this if I am honest.

Good morning everyone

This is getting boringly annoyingly repetitive another BG tease 5.3 sigh
BP 115/71
Pulse 64

All good.

The GP receptionist confirmed that the path lab had no trace of my blood sample. So another blood test has been arranged for next week. Sigh

Looks cold out there this morning.

Macro nutrient analysis is fascinating and has resulted in a change in diet and supplements, avoiding any deficiencies OR any overdoses. It seems that it can be quite easy to over do it with supplements. Hence the deeper analysis has proved important (to me). Of course real human beings seem to survive, thrive even, without this analysis nonsense, but I enjoy the challenges.

Today more of the same

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all. 7.6 today. Greek meze isn’t easy to bolus for. Guesstimates all the way.

Everyone enjoyed our Greek night, no plate smashing involved! The kitchen still looks like a bomb site but I won’t start clattering about yet. Got up about 6.30 for some quiet time, 5 minutes later the nine year old wandered down! Ah well, she’s engrossed in a book on her iPad so I can’t really complain. She hasn’t asked to be fed yet!

Another busy day today, after Mr Eggy runs eldest granddaughter to her Saturday job, we’re just left with three. Youngest daughter picking them up after lunch go swimming with her and Zara and we’ll follow on in our car to join them. Then they’ll be dropped off at their other grandma’s (mum and dad at an agricultural show) and we’ll return home to get glammed up to go to a good old fashioned house party to celebrate a friends birthday. It starts at three but it’ll be more like five before we get there. Should be good fun, we’re leaving our car there and will get a taxi home, the plan is to walk to get it tomorrow. We’ll see how we feel, it’s eight miles! Might be calling in a favour. 😉

Have a good day. 🙂

Morning all. Lots of nice things..... a unicorn day yesterday and last night, woke to 4.7 and off on hols. Have a good day xx

Morning all. 7.6 today. Greek meze isn’t easy to bolus for. Guesstimates all the way.

Everyone enjoyed our Greek night, no plate smashing involved! The kitchen still looks like a bomb site but I won’t start clattering about yet. Got up about 6.30 for some quiet time, 5 minutes later the nine year old wandered down! Ah well, she’s engrossed in a book on her iPad so I can’t really complain. She hasn’t asked to be fed yet!

Another busy day today, after Mr Eggy runs eldest granddaughter to her Saturday job, we’re just left with three. Youngest daughter picking them up after lunch go swimming with her and Zara and we’ll follow on in our car to join them. Then they’ll be dropped off at their other grandma’s (mum and dad at an agricultural show) and we’ll return home to get glammed up to go to a good old fashioned house party to celebrate a friends birthday. It starts at three but it’ll be more like five before we get there. Should be good fun, we’re leaving our car there and will get a taxi home, the plan is to walk to get it tomorrow. We’ll see how we feel, it’s eight miles! Might be calling in a favour. 😉

Have a good day. 🙂
Have a lovely time at the party @eggyg

Morning all, 4.3 here, needed a succession of jelly babies at 1 am and 3 am to stay above the red during the night. Note to self, if you spend the afternoon painting the garden shed, you should probably reduce your overnight basal. My graph looks worse than it is, because I put a new sensor on yesterday and I think it’s still bedding in. It’s ruined my Time in Range, I'd got 0% below for the 7 day average.

8 for me I had a biscuit at midnight which I did as correction seemed to be dropping me a bit too much which I need as I checked again at 3(just because I woke up and sometimes that means something) at it was 6.4 i think it does creep up a bit. Also fingered if I am higher before breakfast when I wieghed it first(I had something that different require weighing this morning it's probably happening then so doesn't wannat a change in over night background)

Last edited:
Morning good peeps. 🙂 7.2 here.

Been very brave this morning - I've tweaked one of my pump basal rates without the nurse holding my hand! It isn't the first time, so I don't know what I'm worried about.

Not as much planned for today as you @eggyg! It's life in the slooooow lane for me at the moment - not really my style, but my OH seems happy.

Have a lovely holiday @freesia.

Morning

9.8 today xx

Well I am a bit concerned that I may have developed a Libre jinx. o_O

Woke up to Libre reading "LO" at 5.40am. Didn't double check as I felt maybe possibly a little hypo, just had a couple of JBs and went back to sleep. Woke up just over 2 hours later with Libre showing 2.8 and having been in the red all the time. Didn't feel low at all this time so double checked and finger prick gave me a 6.0, so obviously didn't have any more carbs, just injected my Levemir and Fiasp bolus for breakfast and got up
Libre is now showing levels have come up a bit but still in the red. Hopefully breakfast will bring it up. This is my new Libre 2 replacement sensor that I am trialing and I have 11 days remaining so I am a bit concerned that my fears about Libre 2 were justified. 🙄

I put my new HRT patch on last night and I am starting to be more sure that it is causing my insulin sensitivity to increase and my levels to drop, but also now wondering if it is affecting Libre readings in respect of how the sensor monitors levels. The patch is on my hip so nowhere near the sensor but obviously absorbs through the skin into the blood stream. It seems extremely unlikely, but I need to monitor this situation more closely. Unfortunately with replacing the patch just once a week I sometimes forget which day it is and so it might end up being a day or so late which doesn't help to see patterns, so I really must be more focused on my patch change routine to spot if it is the cause of an issue. I still find it so hard to believe that a small clear plastic patch on my hip can cause such significant changes in my body, especially at just half dose. Biochemistry is quite mindblowingly powerful!

@freesia Really hope your levels are starting to settle down now in time for your holiday and that you have a fabulous time.

Entirely self-inflicted 8.1 this morning.
Late dinner last night after beers. Garlic bread, pizza, wine, tiramisu.
Not a low carb version of anything.
Had hit an average of 5.0 over yesterday before the carnage started. Lord only knows what I peaked at if I’m 8.1 now but it’s back to as low carb as humanly possible today.

Entirely self-inflicted 8.1 this morning.
Late dinner last night after beers. Garlic bread, pizza, wine, tiramisu.
Not a low carb version of anything.
Had hit an average of 5.0 over yesterday before the carnage started. Lord only knows what I peaked at if I’m 8.1 now but it’s back to as low carb as humanly possible today.
Hope you enjoyed the splurge! X

Good morning everyone

This is getting boringly annoyingly repetitive another BG tease 5.3 sigh
BP 115/71
Pulse 64

All good.

The GP receptionist confirmed that the path lab had no trace of my blood sample. So another blood test has been arranged for next week. Sigh

Looks cold out there this morning.

Macro nutrient analysis is fascinating and has resulted in a change in diet and supplements, avoiding any deficiencies OR any overdoses. It seems that it can be quite easy to over do it with supplements. Hence the deeper analysis has proved important (to me). Of course real human beings seem to survive, thrive even, without this analysis nonsense, but I enjoy the challenges.

Today more of the same

Have a great day today whatever you are doing
Lab lost my bloods last time. Apparently the courier delivered them to the wrong lab and then by the time they were transferred they were too old to do the tests on.

Well that’s what they told me but I think there’s a shadowy cabal somewhere that’s gathering blood samples from fine physical specimens and making clones of us all so that when they finally take over the World they can populate it with athletic perfectionism.

Hope you enjoyed the splurge! X
Actually I’m not really sure that I did.
I found myself asking “do I really want this?” and just ignoring the answer.

The company was great but maybe there’s a positive in there about really not wanting to eat like that anymore.

Oops forgot to press enter a few hours ago as I was busy playing with my new gadget. 😳
Anyways, the reading was 5.8.

Dez

Back